1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

I literally just noticed you incorporated my AI resource into the main mod. I wasn't expecting that, that's really cool.:3 Here I was, thinking nobody noticed it and was just gonna upload it as a standalone.:V

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  2. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

Updated the Avali SpecOp Armor mod if you'd wanna place it onto the addon list once more. I'm gonna be checking compatibility with the turrets next.

3. PAHNKAPIE

PAHNKAPIE Space Hobo

Okay so I have a problem... On the starting world, if I go too far in any direction the game automatically teleports me back to my ship. I went into the game log, and found this "Caused by: (DungeonException) Unknown dungeon: 'avalirandom1'" It seems there's a problem with the Avali mod. I got it by subscribing to it on the steam workshop. Could anyone help?

4. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Check back in this thread in about 5 minutes.

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Fevix updated Avali (Triage) with a new update entry:

MORE fixes! And undoing some changes cause they were bad

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. tacoderp1337

tacoderp1337 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will our ships' avali crewmembers get replacement weapons/armor, or will we have to hire an entirely new crew..because last time I checked (before the recent mod updates that is) my crew was using basic metal- and bullet-based equipment, and I'd prefer they use the standard-issue handheld railguns

--EDIT--
    Also, I've noticed a glitch when changing out armor and clothing options using the game's mannequin. It seems if you have the invisible backpack equipped in the cosmetic slot of both your inventory and the mannequin's, then switch cosmetic sets, the invis. backpacks stack indefinitely. Might also affect the other invis. cosmetics.

Expanding on this, it'd also be nice if there was an avali-shaped mannequin so the cosmetics actually fit it..

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  7. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

That's probably a base game issue. I've also noticed that mannequins do not respect slots - you can place any item into any slot even if it's not the right one (it will not show up, but still), and shift+click moving items to the mannequins will choose the next avaliable spot, not the correct slot.

They just need to use the same code they use for the medium and large fossil display stands to fix this issue lol - those auto-place themselves into their correct slots lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: Forced merging of posts that are not even posted around the same time and are completely unrelated subjects annoys me...

--- Post updated ---
    Reporting another small bug:

One of out outfits on the nanolathe seems to get its name in the list half cut off because it's longer than the UI supports and has to use a second line.

20160730123839_1.jpg

Starbound has never enforced maximum text lengths, but at the same time this kind of thing always happens if you go over the "soft cap" let's call it. n.nU

Also, link to my last set of bug reports in case you missed em (don't think they were fixed yet):
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/avali-triage.95100/page-136#post-2973621

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Hey guys I solved the origin of the avali!

An Avali head has both sides set up like an equilateral triangle, the jaw bone is an almost equilateral triangle, the back of the head is able to be represented as equilateral triangle, put these together and you get a tetrahedron, a 3d shape made of nothing but equilateral triangles.
    [​IMG]

Conclusion, Avali are originally genetically engineered creatures used by the illuminati to colonize frigid planets and set up mining operations!
    Have you even seen all the triangles in their weapons?

That was probably a joke.

hypergen8 and Lodish like this.
  9. MoonMinstrel

MoonMinstrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Weird, I checked with a friend using an avian and the gauntlet seemed fine.

10. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I've moved your issues over to the github, where they belong. We can keep better track of them there.
    https://github.com/Fevix/Avali/issues/237

11. MoonMinstrel

MoonMinstrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Apparently I'm still experiencing the teleport to ship issue even after the update that undid the changes-

awesomesuperfreak likes this.
  12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

[​IMG]
    Now able to target the background intelligently.

Warning, device now has 100% higher chance of immolation if used on plantlife, robots, and organic organisms.

Done with the occasional but useful advice of @OmnipotentEntity and @Kawa

hypergen8 and Lodish like this.
  13. TheSerpLP

TheSerpLP Void-Bound Voyager

I am getting the random ship-teleport now too. Especially on Ice planets ( witch currently hinders me finishing the "Apex-Scan-Quest).

Attached Files:

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Logs or it can't be fixed.

15. khaotil

khaotil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Marxon : that's f*cking glorious.
    You sure know how to make people impatient for a next update, right?

16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You might have to wait longer, I gotta rebalance it so it is both not horribly overpowered and doesn't lag servers, because while it's very efficient itself the amount of blocks it causes to drop makes it a bit laggy. Might also give it a small chance to immolate what you're mining for balance.

17. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

There is actually a mod on steam that adds avali manequins, its pretty good
    --- Post updated ---
    For some reason the display apparatus isn't showing any crafting options 20160731013048_1.jpg
    --- Post updated ---
    Also the invis backpack is stacking for no reason, ive seen it go up to the hundreds in both my backpack slot and in these mannequins 20160731014331_1.jpg

18. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Sorry, I should post bugs to GitHub anyways. Not sure why I forgot. :]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  19. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

So is it only possible to spawn in Avali merchants right now? Cause I can't seem to be able to spawn in anything other than Avali's that sell stuff (When using Avali themed-stuff, obviously. Not including other races here).

I've been on the wiki, too, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (Unless Avali tenants will always sell stuff no matter what?)

and yes, this is my first time doing all the colony/tenant stuff. So I'm probably doing something wrong here. (maybe.)

20. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Also the invis backpack is stacking for no reason, ive seen it go up to the hundreds
    ive had guards