1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it just me or are avali settlements super rare now? Have this and Orcana downloaded as my only race mods, so I dunno if the 1.0 release messed with settlement generation...

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

No thanks.
    What energy pickaxe? And how is a simple pickaxe better than a beam that has much longer reach and (to be added) lights up the target area?

Edit: It's a weapon so it uses player energy, but that's for weapons not mining tools.

It's not easy to reconcile the differences between mining and killing into one weapon.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  3. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

What energy pickaxe?! The item which has an itemID of "energypickaxe" and a shortdescription of "Energy Pickaxe". What more do you want me to say??
    Also, the energy pickaxe isn't a "true" pickaxe like the silver pickaxe or other, it uses energy when you swing it, has no durability and is considered a melee weapon by the game files.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Ah, mine uses no projectiles and does use energy. Still working on getting it to target the background.

5. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Maybe look at the way the energy pickaxe can mine background tiles and see if you can add that into your thing?

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I said target not mine, it mines background just fine but I'm not happy with a laser beam just stopping in the air.

7. MoonMinstrel

MoonMinstrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! I noticed the Avali Nanoloom and Weapon Workbench still have the menus like pre release of the game but the Nanolathe menu is the recent one, so I assume it is being fixed
    AND ALSO
    The gauntlet is weird on avalis because when equiped the weapon is in front of the body, as in a fighting stance, but your arms is idle. (Only tested with gauntlet because it was the only fist weapon I had)
    20160729202913_1.jpg 20160729202926_1.jpg
    (Hope the images appear, love the mod and your faces <3)

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

It is going to be in the next update most likely, and I'm going to try and sprite some new arm poses for unarmed weapons soon.

MoonMinstrel likes this.
  9. MoonMinstrel

MoonMinstrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work!
    Will wait eagerly for the next updates.

10. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

All Gauntlets are in a weird place right now, for all races.
    Namely, 'swinging' a gauntlet freezes your character in place for a split second. That's a game thing, not just Avali.

11. dark lord derpy

dark lord derpy Big Damn Hero

Has anyone found an avali settlement on the newest version yet?

12. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I've explored dozens of planets in all the types of stars and I have yet to see a true village - just a few one-tent encampments.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, didn't the Avali Weapons Workbench used to have an idle animation loop like the nanolathe and loom do? It doesn't anymore.

Additionally, you may wanna rebalance the avali containers - they all hold far less than their vanilla counterparts of the same dimensions now.

And finally, the fridge seems to require background blocks to be placed. I cannot think of a reason why this is necessary, since it is not anchored on the background, and none of the other foreground furniture does.

13. Cobalt Lightning

Same here. I think that's more of a game thing, what with some races seeming to be more likely to appear on certain planets than others. Glitch is common on Volcanic Planets, for example.
    On that note, I've only run across one Human-type of settlement, too, being a campground-lookin' thing.

Might need to figure out how to bind Avali Villages to appear more on certain planet-types. I'd figure they should be more common on Ice planets.

14. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I've seen them on every planet type except for volcanic and jungle (minus the inhospitable ones of course, i.e. moons), but just the one house camps.

I don't think I've seen any more or less on ice planets than other planets. In fact, rather laughably I think the most common place I used to find the largest villages in previous patches was the desert planets. I think it may have to do with how many other types of large villages/dungeons are possible on any given planet type - desert used to have VERY few, so that would explain why lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Weirdly I've only seen a single human settlement - the one you mentioned, a trailer park.
    I haven't seen a single Penal Colony/Prison yet, and those were like, THE most common thing to find on any planet prior to the update lmao...

15. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

So where do you think most of the problem would be here? Is it with the mod's implementation of avali settlements, or is it with 1.0's dungeon generation still needing ironed out?

On a side note, I'm having a bit of trouble making the Avali a metadata requirement for a mod. No matter what I put in the modname field, the game crashes on startup with an "Asset source is missing dependency" error.
    "requires" : ["Avali-master"]
    crash
    "requires" : ["Avali"]
    crash
    "requires" : ["Avali Race Mod"]
    crash
    But it works just fine when I leave the field empty.
    So...what am I doing wrong here? I'm not sure what else the Avali mod would use as a modname.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  16. Cobalt Lightning

Try Avali-Avali
    The .rar is named that, and the folder inside the .rar is named that....

17. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Downloaded the current version and...nope. that doesn't work. But, I tried "requires" : ["Avali"] again and for whatever reason, while that didn't work with Avali-Master, it did work with Avali-Avali.o_O So...problem solved? Even if I don't know why.

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

"Avali" is the name defined in the metadata file, so it's the only thing that the game looks at. When using "includes" or "requires" always check the metadata file of the depended mod for its technical name.

19. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Until recently, I had Github set to ignore the Avali mod's _metadata file (Which essentially means "Don't recognize or upload this file"). I fixed that in a recent update, and it should be live on both avali-master and avali-avali.

Do note, however, that avali-master is esentially our dev version, and avali-avali is essentially our stable branch.

20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Fevix updated Avali (Triage) with a new update entry:

More fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...