1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Its ... really, really loud compared to the other sounds, and it feels like chalk screeching on a blackboard.
    I mean, I played a game as novakid after launch to get a feel for the vanilla game, and if you'd asked me if my character made a sound upon being damaged I would have said no.
    The base sounds blend in that well, it became subliminal.
    The avali one though really stands out, and not in a good way.
    Is there any way I can quickly bash together a usermod to replace it with the avian one? As it is, I just don't want to play my avali.

2. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Personally, the Avali always seemed to me like they'd be a little on the squeaky side, so the sound effect seems more or less fitting. At the very most it just needs to have the volume down just a tad, maybe a variation or two, ultimately it's just never stuck out enough to really think about. For me, at least.

If you really want something different you could always just open the Avian sound effects in Audacity (or some other sound editor) and raise the pitch a bit so that it sounds a bit more unique.

3. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

P.S. You're still asking for screenshots?
    I don't have anything recent, but here is some old stuff:
    [​IMG]

4. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Yeah, the volume is what's always gotten to me more than anything else lol.

It is a bit obnoxious when you're receiving constant damage, i.e. like when your poisoned or burning - a few slight variations would make it a lot less annoying in those situations, though. :]

--- Post updated ---

------------------------------------------------------

REALLY getting sick and tired of auto post merging - these two posts are so LAUGHABLY unrelated that the merge is fucking retarded....... =.=

I posted an update for what I had to my "Avali Rocket Launcher + Misc Stuff" mod (works with Starbound v1.0+ now):

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/avali-rocket-launcher-misc-stuff.3633

*My interest in Starbound is waning again now that there's no content left for me to play really, so I needed to push out what I had before I lost interest again.
    Everything is working except for the custom alt fire ability on the Rocket Launcher - I gave up trying to figure out what was wrong with it and am just using the "Shrapnel Grenade" ability for the time being (close enough...). I think the damages are balanced alright, but idk. *Shrug*

5. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Okay, who changed the avali scanner sprite? Because I need some help interpreting that pixel art. What is it supposed to represent?! And can we get the old one as an option, at least?

6. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

How do you zoom out that much? that base is pretty good :)

7. Xiachh

Xiachh Orbital Explorer

installing it on steam works but not in the mods folder for what ever reason. any how thats problem solved for me lol. TY fevix.

8. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

greatly enjoy this mod but given some aspects of the avali you'd think they'd have drone companions. id say you could build em from the pet station and they are released via special drone pods. different variants offer different weapons and perks maybe one that provides a bright light or have a rocket launcher.

additionally i feel that the hunting rifles should have the same effect on animals as a bow would, yielding meat from kills with it.

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Drones have been a long-requested feature and are planned to be implemented in the future. No ETA as of yet.

10. Ser-matticus

Thanks my only other question is this, what would a nomadic race of fluffy raptors keep as house pets? given their hunting nature it be something that would be a robust creature that is suited to many environments, can breath and drink ammonia, and is small enough it isn't worth the value of killing, and is naturally friendly

11. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Except for the ammonia bits (Which honestly I wish I could remove from their lore, Avali would be unable to explore planets and would be confined to their own if they were actually ammonia-based, because 90% of the planets would kill them in minutes just from the water vapor alone), you just described cats.

12. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the lore tbh, its not really realistic but there are paradoxes even in the vanilla game, its fine lol

13. Ser-matticus

that is why most avali have hard suits to keep them alive in any environment, also true but i was thinking something more unique that isn't a cat maybe we need something as equally as fluffy and adorable, maybe micro fluffalo, that always stay as babies?

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

There's been work on an avali pet, but I haven't heard from the person working on it in a long time.

15. Ser-matticus

i wonder what it will be then.

final question and that is this, after all the bug fixing, balancing, and the like. will we get some new avail based stuff? and if so maybe a tease of what that might be that is closer to release than say what i asked earlier?

16. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

They will certainly be getting new stuff. We're going to slow production down quite a bit, focusing on more substantial updates (Instead of previously, where each update would add maybe one or two new things, we're going to focus on adding at least 10-20 new things each update, and keep to a single category. Examples: One update may bring a bunch of new clothing items, and another may bring new furniture, or new weapons, but we're going to try to keep these updates separate.)
    Between updates, we're going to offer bug fixes and tweaks.

And yes, for the bigger updates we will certainly be posting teasers :p

Lodish likes this.
  17. DarkDragons

DarkDragons Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been getting errors on my Starbound server that from what I've noticed seems to be caused by the "avalirandom" and "avalirandom1" json files in the microdungeons. Has this issue been addressed yet? and if so, any fix other than removing the mod completely?

18. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Those things should be getting merged into the universe files in a non-conflicting way with a .patch file... The only real way I can think of that they would error out would be if like you had another mod that made edits to the universe generation files, except it either did not use a .patch file (and just overwrote the vanilla files), or patched it incorrectly. *Shrug*

Unless there's an issue with the stuff this mod adds, but I've never seen those errors.

*Be aware that (unless they've fixed it since I last checked a few days ago) Steam Workshop mods do NOT work with dedicated servers for some reason. Several people have already brought this up, so it's up to the devs and possibly Valve the fix the issue for now... =.=

19. DarkDragons

DarkDragons Scruffy Nerf-Herder

do you think it could conflict with the Felins race mod? That the only other mod I use that could add dungeons (the only other race mod I use is Familiars)
    And I'm aware of the steam workshop dedicated server things from day one :rofl: so I use the application outside of Steam with mods added manually from this forum to play (and my friends do the same)

20. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

I've read (second-hand, mind you) that Ryujiin said avali don't domesticate animals, so a drone would probably be your best bet for a ship pet.
    Oh yeah, the ammonia thing drives me nuts. And since you mention cats, maybe you could even go that route: avali don't traditionally keep pets, but while the player character was training at Protectorate HQ he/she was introduced to the concept and bought/was gifted a cat.