1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Uh, so I haven't actually played Avali - and Starbound - since RZ was around.
    My 1st impression:

OH MY GOD THE DAMAGE SQUEAK MUST GO.

That is all.

TrentMK2 likes this.
  2. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Don't use containers and you won't get merchants.

3. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Sadly, don't use your colony rooms for storage area, as any container helps put favor towards merchants for your colonist. If you want guards, prepare furniture out of specific metal and some racial items, otherwise special sets (like Alpline for Alpaca and Swamp for Frogg) are all you really need to worry bout.

4. jakeedge04

jakeedge04 Void-Bound Voyager

uhh noob question here but how to get the other ship model the avalit?

5. khaotil

khaotil Scruffy Nerf-Herder

- Go to the Avali - Avali folder
    - Open "universe_server.config.patch"
    - Replace all the "Avian" with "Avali"
    - Save
    - ???
    - Profit!

6. jakeedge04

it worked thanks!

7. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I've gotten some guards, merchants, and other miscellaneous colonists at the Arctic Research Lab I build as my first colony (on a Dark-Ice planet):

20160731060306_1.jpg

I plan to expand this building (more basement levels), and add other colonies on the planet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also already have a Teleportation Hub set up for use going between the on-planet colonies:

20160731060726_1.jpg

*I really wish I had more misc objects to decorate with in the Avali tileset - it's kinda limited on the smaller stuff! n.nU

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jaymee_murder likes this.
  8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

hypergen8 and Ulithium_Dragon like this.
  9. jakeedge04

after changing the code to avali from avian now i cant seem to leave the ship when i try to teleport planet side should i just change it back?...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  10. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I liked how you used Aerogel to not only break up the colors a bit but also as functional decor, allowing random plants to grow in it and such.

11. Ulithium_Dragon

Thanks! There was a tiny one room'd "human research" tileset already there which I started off of, and it had a lot of vertical and horizontal blocks that have been very nice for use in creating transitions. :]

The horizontal blocks from that tileset in particular are great as endpieces for the nanotubes, since those normally don't transition well at lol.

The bed was fun to make, since it's just a pillow and some of those nanocanvase blocks. :F

Also I have all the doors set up with proximity sensors so the tenants can go were they wish, EXCEPT for the two exterior doors, which are on buttons only. Otherwise they'd walk outside and get themselves killed haha!
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah that would be neat - maybe something akin to the holographic display they have, but with the 3-feather Avali logo in it instead?

If they got mad it could change to a bunch of wavy jagged lines, or if they wanted to give you a present it could use a flashing exclamation point or something.

12. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Just a heads-up, the large Avali emblem is a little bit broken in the latest update!
    [​IMG]

13. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

Are you referring to the Nanolathe? I have no problems with those.

14. Ulithium_Dragon

It's been reported on GitHub twice now lol, and furthermore it's just the inventory icon that's broken - I had the same issue when made the base I posted a screenshot of a few posts up, and as you can see it works just fine. :]

Err, that post you replied to is quite old. The nanolathe WAS 100% broken for a bit, but it's been fixed for a while now, though...

15. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think there should be random variation to it, like 3 different versions and not quite so annoying, but should still sound like a raptor tho...

On a side note...

SENPAI NOTICED ME!!
    20160731182953_1.jpg

Lodish likes this.
  16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I might do some spriting in a bit, I'll see what I can do.

17. Ulithium_Dragon

Anyone else feel like there's a lot less Avali-related response text since the 1.0 update? It used to be every race had civilian lines specific to Avali, but I really don't see many of them anymore.
    Like before when I entered a racial village, the villagers all had a pool of quips they said to me.

Or was that from an addon mod? I can't recall anymore lol...
    --- Post updated ---
    I was thinking I'm in the mood to do some spriting as well lol, but first I really wanna figure out WTF is wrong with my rocket launcher mod.

I *FINALLY* figured out how to add custom abilities (you have to patch a masterlist file of em now for some dumb reason - not sure why they did that...), but it just CTD's whenever I try to hold the weapon now. I know the patch is working cuz the tooltip says the custom ability's name, but I'm just out of ideas as to what is wrong.

I even tried recopying the "Shrapnel Bomb" that I used as a base for it and building it again, changing very little, but no luck. I checked all the projectiles from top to bottom as well and I still dunno what's wrong. Very irritating...

18. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The vanilla default lists have grown tremendously, so our 8-10 custom lines contribute to like 1-2% of the total available lines for each race to say to an avali

19. Ulithium_Dragon

I thought race-specific lines trumped all others when applicable though? Huh.

There are still situations where I ONLY here Avali-specific lines, such as when I see human colonists, they only seem to say to me "Ever hear of Thanksgiving? Uh... nevermind." :]

20. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

I've been gestating some dialogue for and about avali NPCs. Would you like them?