1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Madbird777

Madbird777 Space Hobo

I've been having this error as well sadly, its ended two of my runs both over two hours. I believe it has something to do with the number of projectiles on screen because the first time I got it I had four of those blizzard objects and killed forty or so troops. The most recent time there was 60+ minions below me and when I shot them my game crashed. This is the error report I got after the crash.

of Draw Event
    for object oMortar:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
    at gml_Script_draw_item
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Script_draw_item (line 0)
    gml_Object_oMortar_Draw_0

It's quite infuriating and I hope it gets fixed because this game is so incredibly fun. If the game would just save whatever you had accomplished prior to the error it would be fine but unfortunately it doesn't.

• Gorigami

Gorigami Space Hobo

I got a bug where my game crashed when I shot an enemy, presumably from the ukele according to the error text.
      I was on a mac, playing sniper, in the place with pink sticky ropes on easy mode. I believe I was hitting with my w (sniperooni) when I crashed.
      Here is the screen shot of the error message. [​IMG]

Also on a side note my game crashes every time I beat it (easy mode, maybe others) and whenever I close risk of rain I have to restart steam to play again because it says that risk of rain did not quit.

• Zawisza

Zawisza Astral Cartographer

The new colour palette of elite enemies (the one, that ignore normal colour, a.k.a. ultra bright one) seems to overlap with normal colour of Black Imp. Due to this Imps are hard if not impossible to tell apart from one another (and the entire point of 1.2.0 new colour palette was to distinguish elites from normals.

• Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Guys, in multiplayer, you CAN get to the last level. Just go to a previous level first. (We went through all the levels twice, except for the last one (ToTE))
          Me and my friend just beat the game a few days ago.

• mojo_

mojo_ Intergalactic Tourist

2 Bugs I am experiencing.

First: I am unable to unlock new relics than the ones I found on my first play through.
            Second: After finishing the game, I was expecting the run ending bug that crashes on the spaceship screen. Instead, I the game crashed after the credits on the results screen. All unlockables were not saved.

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 3.21.58 PM.png

I am currently running the latest Mac OS.

• rudibr

rudibr Intergalactic Tourist

Played enforcer on monsoon, after i killed the gilded wurms nothing happened, it just stayed at zero life and final boss didnt show up.
              For evidence, I believe i killed both worms with the same shot, which i guess is kinda rare.
              Have fraps video if it helps.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
              • geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

I have a wirless 360 controller. I paused my game, turned off the controller, and went away for a half hour or so. When I came back and turned the controller back on, I could no longer control my game with either the controller or the keyboard, no matter which settings I toggled. So, that 40+ minute run went in the garbage.

• Montyfang

Montyfang Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem as I am, but in Risk of Rain 1.2.4, one of the Dried Lake variants has no hit detection on the right side of the map after a certain point, making it impossible to complete.
                  [​IMG]
                  While the top ledge has hit detection (You'll bump into it if you jump at it.) The lower wall, and floor don't. If you attempt to jump onto it, you'll simply fall through the map and respawn at the starting point. The only way to fix this is to quit back to main menu and start over and hope you get a different variant.

Any ideas on what to do?

• IrishBullocks

IrishBullocks Yeah, You!

This was actually available before 1.2.3 even, and it only happens like the firs time you boot up the game and start a level. The levels that do not have the proper hit detection will not come in usually unless you have really bad luck and get it even after you start a new game.
                    Quick Fix: Just restart every first time you start the game. But the devs really should get on fixing that, the fact that you can access that means that you probably can also get it when looping

• Nike Leon

Nike Leon Void-Bound Voyager

Tried chatting while on the 'force item sharing' screen when joining a game and got this error:

of Key Press Event for <Enter> Key
                      for object objClient:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.user_name(100054, -2147483648)
                      at gml_Object_objClient_KeyPress_13
                      ############################################################################################

• naked

naked Space Hobo

Risk of rain crashes everytime it is opened at the white screen then a window pops up saying that Risk of rain has encountered an error and needs to close.

"AppName: risk of rain.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.39 ModName: gmresource.dll
                        ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001410"

Using Windows XP SP3
                        Steam version of the game
                        Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
                        Ram: 3GB
                        CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600

• denismart

denismart Aquatic Astronaut

After completing game. Mac OS 10.10.1
                          Please solve it! Cant complete game because of this bug.

• McSkellington

McSkellington Poptop Tamer

FPS goes nuts either after a certain amount of time or certain level, usually the second last one. It's forever stuck on 13 when it happens. Last time I tried to finish it but as soon as I reached Providence my screen kept freezing and I couldn't see what I was doing unless I went into the menu real fast. The sounds weren't affected in any way. I tried changing my graphic settings but that just made the game crash saying it ran out of memory. This happens every time I try to play the game. Some of my friends seem to have problems with crashing but I haven't really asked them about details yet.

Pretty sure we're all using windows. Though windows 8 in my case.

• Ganonn93

Ganonn93 Big Damn Hero

of Step EventoEfDecoy
                              for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.reflecting(100447, -2147483648)
                              at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325

• RushKing

RushKing Space Hobo

I have my laptop hoked up to an external display (1080p 60hz). I am running manjaro linux with intel hd 4000 (free driver). The game won't launch on the external display.

An error window pops up saying

ERROR in
                                action number 1
                                of Create Event
                                for object oInit:
                                DoDiv :: Divide by zero
                                at gml_Object_oInit_Create_0

• Ganonn93

Ganonn93 Big Damn Hero

of Step EventoEfDecoy
                                  for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.reflecting(100447, -2147483648)
                                  at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325

• Ragdollomega

Ragdollomega Space Hobo

I'm new to Risk of Rain and I'm not sure if this is intended, but when I play as enforcer and have my shield up if there are multiple spitting enemies (show up in underground mushroom place and Hive), then they start hitting through the shield with consecutive hits. It happens pretty much anytime I am in that situation and it can be really frustrating.

• kickstar

kickstar Orbital Explorer

• if you have tesla + happiest mask I deal damage to ghosts (probably this happans also with the jar usable item)
                                      • if I use the artifact 'command' the selection panel spawn in the wrong position if I am at the margin of the map, thus I can't select the proper item (cause I can't see them..)
                                      • also with the artifact 'command': if I'm at shrine and click to use the shrine and it spawn a box, then to open the box (and select an item) I have to use the shrine again because the key is the same
                                      • again with the command art: it happans sometimes that two box spawn in the same point (for different reasons) and then when I try to open one of them, I have to open both of them simultaniusly, implying that I have to select the same item (if the boxes are equal) or items in the same position. quite frustrating

• SassySaxton

SassySaxton Space Hobo

I activated the dynamite plunger on the second level among a heap of enemies, with a charge field generator that got relatively big but not off the screen, then it froze.
                                        ___________________________________________
                                        FATAL ERROR in
                                        action number 1
                                        of Draw Event
                                        for object oEfGold:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
                                        at gml_Object_oEfGold_Draw_0

• Deathbl0w

Deathbl0w Space Hobo

my game keeps crashing when monster touch me a few times then i get following error:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-22 um 20.13.41.png

happened with jelly's and and other mosnters too
                                          this happenend btw on 1.2.4 and i am playing on mac os x 10.9.5