1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JImler

JImler Space Hobo

I've experienced an in-game bug (key bindings on keyboard) since after the 1.2.3 update. I can't jump if I'm pressing down two climb/move buttons at the same time. For example, If I press RIGHT/LEFT and Climb Up/Climb Down at the same time and try to jump - nothing happens. LEFT + Ability 1-4 + Jump doesn't work either. RIGHT + Ability 1-4 + Jump works just fine, haha.

It's nothing wrong with my keyboard; it works with every other game, and I've tried different key bindings without any improvements.

• zoomo

zoomo Void-Bound Voyager

Another bug:
      step event error.png

• purei

purei Space Spelunker

3 times now Plasma Chain has crashed a Mac instance of the game.
        FATAL ERROR in action number 1 of Step Event2 for object oEfChain:
        Unable to find any instance for object index '-10' at gml_Object_oEfChain_Step_2
        ------
        Generally please make more networking information available as to why joining a host brings up only the 'force item sharing' check box.

-----
        Edit: new fail.
        two mac multiplayer still cannot get to the final level. Error below:

FATAL ERROR in action number 1 of Other Event: Room Start for object pChest:
        Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.preplaced(100824, -2147483648) at gml_Object_pChest_Other_4

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
        • trackfire

trackfire Space Hobo

here's a couple of bugs:

1- when I activate the statue that requires a % of your hp in the 4th level, the game crash (singleplayer and multiplayer)
          this next one is related to Steam
          2- when I close the game (or just crash) Steam doesnt recognize it as closed, so i stay as "In-Game" so i have to close Steam.exe and restart to fix it

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
          • G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Most of these bugs were already mentioned, but throwing a secondary post for confirmation/report:

• Sniper with Ukulele creates the oChainLightning crash error.
            • In Online Coop Mode, looping back to the first (or second level) causes the game to crash spontaneously. Does not happen if you go directly to the final boss level.
            • In Online Coop Mode, at times while killing/having killed any variation of the Magma Worm, the game crashes with an oDestroyed MagmaWormHead error (or something of the like, will take a screenshot when available).
            • Invisible platforms are still present.
            • Certain sides/areas of the map do not have collision, so you fall through walls and platforms into the abyss and respawn. Also present in Online mode.

Me: Win7, 32 bit , Steam
            My buddies: Win7, 64 bit, Steam

• Tuttu

Tuttu Void-Bound Voyager

Edit : As Excavater9 pointed it, I just needed to hold the jump key to pass. I was accustomed to the jump pad behavior prior to the jump fix when the jump size was higher.

Jump pad seem "broken". By broke, I mean that they don't allow you to reach the platform they are supposed to let you reach. I had the problem in the cavern but I could at least take another way but in the Sunken Tomb, I was completely trapped and I had no choice but to leave the game.
              [​IMG]

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

You can't reach that height even while holding down the jump button to increase the height from the jump pad?

• Tuttu

Tuttu Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know. And I just died in this hole. I'm playing with a keyboard and my jump key is Space so I can't really hold it but I will try to get there a new time and see if it works.

Edit : Just tested and it worked. Thanks.

• lohli

lohli Space Hobo

Ukulele on sniper's charge shot breaks things.

Code:
                    of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                    for object oChainLightning:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.ttarget_index(101280, -2147483648)
                    at gml_Object_oChainLightning_Alarm_0
                    ############################################################################################

• Janeator

Janeator Space Hobo

So, I bet this has been all reported already... but just in case, since I'm not good into remembering what errors did I get in error windows:
                      Got Windows 7 64 bit, steam copy of the game:
                      • Crash (always) on trying to access last stage.
                      • Crash on having too many icicles, or just dealing too many damage with them (they're OP as hell).

• Piasharn

Piasharn Void-Bound Voyager

I just experienced this exact bug in single player.

• Theevilonez

Theevilonez Void-Bound Voyager

############################################################################################
                          FATAL ERROR in
                          action number 1
                          of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                          for object oChainLightning:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.ttarget_index(101280, -2147483648)
                          at gml_Object_oChainLightning_Alarm_0
                          ############################################################################################ (Only happens with Ukulele on sniper, Hope this helps.)[DOUBLEPOST=1416798224][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, someone already posted before me! My bad!

• wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

said a million times, but the alien head cooldown increase stills in all versions... (y'know, get more than 3 alien heads will increase your cooldown instead of reducing and all that stuff...)
                            worm bug seems to be when its more then 2 worms on the multiplayer room, i fought 3 worms singleplayer and no problems, while on multiplayer one worm just did not "die" even its health was at 0 and it was at dead color (lose the yellow "glow") i was hosting, so it was not desyn

the red lazor item activates when you finish the level and teleports (your character disappears before the level changes) or after the level loads, the lazor activates before your char appears.. it happens (i think) when you finish a stage while using attack or any skill, while i was testing, it activated while i was walking too...

elite toxic beast corpse is default toxic beast (colossus corpse is elite.... if he spawns elite)

loader's knuckleboom jump stills... (classifed as bug) i did the same timings and sometimes it activated and sometimes it didn't

don't noticed if posted, but while i was turning providence and his shadow into dust... i crashed, and here's the message:

FATAL ERROR in
                            action number 1
                            of Step EventoEfDecoy
                            for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.bunker(100446, -2147483648)
                            at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325
                            i was playing with godmode loader

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
                            • ButterQuark

ButterQuark Space Hobo

Got this randomly on the Magma Caverns as Acrid. I did have ukele but no missles.
                              Code:
                              of Destroy Event
                              for object oTurtleMissile:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.parent(100029, -2147483648)
                              at gml_Object_oTurtleMissile_Destroy_0

• bologna_man

bologna_man Void-Bound Voyager

Got this while playing loader. Crashed as soon as I placed a Crudely Drawn Buddy
                                Code:
                                of  Step EventoEfDecoy
                                for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.bunker(100446, -2147483648)
                                at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325

• Echo849

Echo849 Space Hobo

Exact same error as me, down to the same numbers. Can't even open 'Scores & Unlockables'

• hollen9

hollen9 Space Hobo

v1.2.4 (steam)
                                    Teleporting to final level is no longer to crash! thanks for your effort, devs! now the game is playable, though glitches still appear randomly (under unknown condition, still trying to figure it out)
                                    v1.2.3 (steam)
                                    In co-op mode, Some of variables will overflow as long as you tend to beat the game (teleport to the final level). That is, the game is unbeatable unless you play it alone.
                                    Steam achievement system finally work! (Cheers! Dev.) However, you have to reset the game data to unlock all of them. (like the game were still in Alpha or Beta. Don't make us lose faith in indie game! We know your resources are limited. But we really need you send message to public. We can't wait for a patch with no feedback like the squeal to HL2 or FEZ. After all, what we are talking about is A patch to fix the broken game, not a whole new one instead. Have you ever tired "Rubber duck debugging"?)
                                    v1.2.2 (steam)
                                    Had a great chance to stuck in the wall. (I stuck in it 3 times)
                                    achievement system on steam was nonfunctional.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
                                    • wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

1.2.4... seems to be indev yet, nothing told on twitter.
                                      1.2.3, correct bug report
                                      1.2.2, older version, we already knew these bugs.

also ima going to report just a little few things that remain in the game since i got 1.1.2 ver.
                                      - huntress projectile collision stills the same, really, if you attack and blink, this collision is ignored and 2 projectiles can get closer, rather than having a default distance even at maxattackspeed.
                                      - monsters still unable to jump 1 block high (parent, child, imp... and other fellas that can do this)
                                      - *personal opinion* mushrum does not explode... man that made me always sharp when dealing with him (could be added on moonsoon tho)
                                      - hyper threader + huntress boomberang (sorta) triggers the bouncy shot for huntress back side (looking right, shoot appears at left) when hitting 2 or more enemies.
                                      - huntress targeting AI still sucks... *enemies close to huntress like this post*
                                      - huntress 4th skill and 2nd skill hitboxes are kinda messed up, when hitting enemie's feet with boomberang (i'm going to call it that until i remember the name) gives no damage, but still bounces. and the 4th skill does explode, triggering minibombs that explodes instantly (no spread at all and no damage as well)
                                      - monster's AI sometimes get peaceful, even 1cm close to character... and under attack.
                                      - nano chest still buggy on 1.2+ patches, he don't tele to bridge...

___________________________________________
                                      FATAL ERROR in
                                      action number 1
                                      of Step Event0
                                      for object oP:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.sprite_shoot1(100585, -2147483648)
                                      at gml_Script_activity_gunner
                                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      stack frame is
                                      gml_Script_activity_gunner (line 0)
                                      gml_Object_oP_Step_0

playing online.. another crash message with enforcer.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
                                      • Ledain

Ledain Space Hobo

When ever i get lots of Goats Hooves or lots of items (like start to get to 3 rows) my game starts to run really slowly my guess is that the game has to render something but i have no idea. Here is a video of the glitch/defect?
                                        skip to around 30 minutes.
                                        skip to around 30 minutes.

• Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

- In Online Co-Op, if you have Barbed wire and get revived after dieing, the size and damage of the Barbed Wire resets even though you already had multiple.
                                          Mostly evident when you have stacked over 10 and die.

- In Online Co-Op, if two people open it at the same time, the host (at least in this instance) gets the chest and the other person who opened it is unable to move or use abilities, excluding jumping (as if you were in the UI).
                                          If another chest happens to spawn at your feet and you open and choose an item, you are then released, but this fix is very circumstantial.