1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

I'll try to keep this updated, once again (and I'll try to keep duplicates out this time)
    • Online co-op lobby doesn't let the host uncheck "Force item sharing" (the option isn't even there)
    • Online co-op bug which crashes when you teleport to the final level:

of Other Event: Room Start
      for object pChest:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.preplaced(100824, -2147483648)
      at gml_Object_pChest_Other_4
      ############################################################################################
    • Not sure if multiplayer or single player bug, but jump platforms do not allow you to go as high as they used to. I was completely unable to reach the chest that occasionally spawns in damp caverns at the top of two platforms only accessible by jump pad. I tried holding jump down the entire time, entering at the base of the jump pad, and jumping right as I entered the pad. I was completely unable to get enough height to even get level with the chest.
    • Functionality on winxp was improved a little but it still doesn't work. It used to crash on launch without doing anything and with no error, now it crashes on white screen and does give an error

AppName: risk of rain.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.39 ModName: gmresource.dll
      ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001410
    • Playing multiplayer- either starting a teleporter or opening a Command-based chest would take longer and longer. Then it crashed, giving a DivideByZero exception. Windows 7, 64-bit.
    • Played Loader on Monsoon with only the Origin artifact enabled. On Dried Lake, there was a section of the map where the collision did not exist and I could not progress past it, continually falling and respawning every time I tried to jump the gap. It was the map variant that has at the rightward end of the large center basin a ladder, two small platforms to the right of that ladder.
    • Some gamepads still not recognized
    • Spectating players after you die in multiplayer is still hilariously bugged; generally just the climbing animation while they move about
    • "Desync" still persists in online co-op and can end runs if the host dies and there are enemies on-screen for other players which aren't on the host's
    • Cannot shoot after using health shrines
    • After third defeat of Cremator as Commando (looping, lots of items):
      of Draw Event
      for object oParticleEngine:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
      at gml_Script_drawParticles
      ############################################################################################
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      stack frame is
      gml_Script_drawParticles (line 0)
      gml_Object_oParticleEngine_Draw_0
    • [MAC/LINUX ONLY?] Got this error on the final score screen after beating the game (causing me to lose all of my progress) (PIC)
    • I unlocked Chef with all the items you need other than the Bitter Root which i hadn't unlocked yet.
    • Sniper 10 consecutive one-hit-kills isnt working. It unlocks after 10 but they dont have to be consecutive.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
      warxy likes this.
    • Analri

Analri Intergalactic Tourist

Any quick and dirty patch notes available? :3

• Civic42

Civic42 Void-Bound Voyager

We got an error and RoR crashed when we try to get to the final level.

for object pChest:

############################################################################################[DOUBLEPOST=1416198498][/DOUBLEPOST]
        I know two things got fixed. The jump bug and you respawn with the UI now.

• Tranquilite

Tranquilite Space Hobo

I can confirm that this has happened every time we have gotten to the final level in multiplayer.

Also not sure if multiplayer or single player bug, but jump platforms do not allow you to go as high as they used to. I was completely unable to reach the chest that occasionally spawns in damp caverns at the top of two platforms only accessible by jump pad. I tried holding jump down the entire time, entering at the base of the jump pad, and jumping right as I entered the pad. I was completely unable to get enough height to even get level with the chest.

Excellent game though. Really happy that the disappearing HUD bug got fixed.

barfarf likes this.
          • TheRealSteveZee

TheRealSteveZee Space Hobo

Playing co op and made it to the level before last. Went to the portal and hit Y to go to last level and beat the game and error message popped and and both of us were forced out of the game losing all our progress. Honestly not even sure if I want to play the game anymore if it's going to keep kicking us out.

for object pChest:

• Plosmephere

Plosmephere Orbital Explorer

Functionality on winxp was improved a little but it still doesn't work. It used to crash on launch without doing anything and with no error, now it crashes on white screen and does give an error

AppName: risk of rain.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.39 ModName: gmresource.dll
              ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001410

• Ispil

Ispil Space Spelunker

Well, playing multiplayer- either starting a teleporter or opening a Command-based chest would take longer and longer. Then it crashed, giving a DivideByZero exception. Windows 7, 64-bit.

• Grunni

Grunni Void-Bound Voyager

Played Loader on Monsoon with only the Origin artifact enabled. On Dried Lake, there was a section of the map where the collision did not exist and I could not progress past it, continually falling and respawning every time I tried to jump the gap. It was the map variant that has at the rightward end of the large center basin a ladder, two small platforms to the right of that ladder.

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

I just got onto my windows edition of Steam, updated to the latest edition, and i still don’t have the ability to use ANY of my gamepads

• barfarf

barfarf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have received the below error a few times in online co-op. Both with me hosting and with the friend hosting. We both tried turning off the steam overlay and running in full screen mode, but the crash still persists. Note - It happens when teleporting to the final level.

FATAL ERROR in
                      action number 1
                      for object pChest:

############################################################################################[DOUBLEPOST=1416254955][/DOUBLEPOST]
                      This also happens to me in online co-op on Windows 8 computers.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
                        yDeathAngely likes this.
                      • jybwee

jybwee Poptop Tamer

I just got a bug where i couldn't shoot. Seemed to happen just as i used an hp shrine... slowing down the video i think i get 1 shot of after the shrine then i can't shoot anymore. My character keeps spamming the shooting animation but doesn't shoot. Also could only use my teleport ability, no others worked.

I was actually recording when it happened, i do have a ton of drones so hard to see at first that i'm not shooting. You can see the bug at like 20 sec. Then around a minute in i'll back off and you can see the animation spamming (without me pressing anything) but not actually shooting -

EDIT: Had it happen again, i was not using a shrine at the time, i'm 90 min. into a run with far less drones/powerups and i'm in the hardest difficulty. Only thing that is the same is that i was the huntress again. Also i figured out that i couldn't use ladders.

I am on windows/steam, using a controller. Not sure what other info you need but let me know if you do.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
                        • WhiteTheWarrior

WhiteTheWarrior Big Damn Hero

Don't know if this is a bug, but indeed is annoying: with sniper when enemies are behind me I often try to quick turn and shoot (both normal and loaded hi power shot), this ends up turning yes towards the enemy at a first moment, but then as soon as I press the button to shoot the sniper turns back again, wasting the shot in the direction where I was running... I tried waiting a second to see if I was the dumb and not the game, but it does the bad trick anyway. (if instead of shooting I do the roll, it actually gets it in the correct direction, so it's a "shooting" problem I think)

Oh and it gets fatal errors also when you pick up some special objects sometimes, and always when you try to reach the final level...

• Qwerty0s

Qwerty0s Orbital Explorer

after ~67 minutes of gameplay just messing around, the game crashed upon my third defeat of the Cremator (this time one with a blue effect.)
                            of Draw Event
                            for object oParticleEngine:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
                            at gml_Script_drawParticles
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            stack frame is
                            gml_Script_drawParticles (line 0)
                            gml_Object_oParticleEngine_Draw_0

This is probably because I had ~12 drones, 12 arms race active, was on monsoon difficulty, and had ceremonial dagger on. I presume that it was just unable to deal with so many particles, although I'm just randomly guessing.

• McClain

McClain Yeah, You!

Chiming in to say that I also got the Fatal Error trying to enter the last level in Multiplayer. We tried to science it with different Artifact setups and finally with no artifacts, and always hit when we were playing MP trying to get into the final level. The host attempted it solo and did not get the error. Frustrating.

We also hit the bug where a player could activate the portal after killing all the enemies while another player still had enemies, causing the portal to lock up completely.

• cathats

cathats Aquatic Astronaut

the achievements page opens without crashing the game now! hooray!

beat the game again. managed to get all the way to the final score screen where I got this error. All the stuff I unlocked didn't save, but my steam achievement for collecting keycards did.
                                [​IMG]

• zanon

zanon Astral Cartographer

Yeah, under OS X still can't actually complete the game. I got farther then ever this time, all the way to the credits, and then it crashed losing everything yet again. Welp.

• Echo_Zero

Echo_Zero Space Hobo

I unlocked Chef with all the items you need other than the Bitter Root which i hadn't unlocked yet.

• Applemoes

Applemoes Tentacle Wrangler

Are there still no saved scores or item pickups? I've unlocked characters and artifacts and that progress is saved.

• frumple99

frumple99 Space Spelunker

Steam achievements are not fully working.

"Dont mind if i do" unlocked correctly. I unlocked CHEF (playing Commando with Command artifact), got CHEF and achievement in game, but no Steam achievo.
                                        Never mind, i'm an idiot. I mistook CHEF and janitor... sigh

Separate bug:
                                        Sniper 10 consecutive one-hit-kills isnt working. It unlocks after 10 but they dont have to be consecutive. 20 perfect reloads works as intended (and is bloody annoying ;) )

• kakiharaa

kakiharaa Space Spelunker

Same bug as everyone : the game crashes when i take the teleporter to the final level in multiplayer. Anyone knows if there is the same bug in solo ? Because i kill myself out of fear anytime i get to this damned teleporter... I want to unlock content but it is so frustrating not to continue a run...