1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. kimito

kimito Void-Bound Voyager

Won't even start the game. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.
    of Create Event
    for object oInit:

ds_map_read argument 2 incorrect type expecting a String
    at gml_Object_oInit_Create_0
    ############################################################################################

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EDIT: this is actually in 1.2.4, it's just there's no dedicated bug report thread for 1.2.4.

Using Decoy puppet as Engineer in the fungal cavern level crashed the game with the following text:
      of Step EventoEfDecoy
      for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.reflecting(100447, -2147483648)
      at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325
      ############################################################################################

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
      • Lord Amontheom

Lord Amontheom Void-Bound Voyager

As there is no dedicated thread for 1.2.4 Bug Reports I will just post here.

Experienced 2 crashes while playing multiplayer. I don't remember when it happened the first time. The second one happened in Magma Barracks. Unsure what exactly caused it.
        of <Unknown Event>
        for object pActive:

buffer_create: Illegal size

• sporkzombie

sporkzombie Space Hobo

Had a weird bug come up - After using Jar of Souls on 20+ monsters, I plowed through most of them using barbed wire and frost relic. Somehow there was still one alive when the game said it was clear and I was able to use the teleporter. Screencap attached

Attached Files:

• Antylamon

Antylamon Space Hobo

(Reposting from steam forums)

I just started a new game, spawning right here:
            [​IMG]

The thing is, I immediately fell through the ground. Holding left to land on the lower ground ended the same way, and holding right did as well. I just kept on falling and respawning, until I died to a Jellyfish a few minutes later.

Enemies (Lemurians and Rock Golems, to be precise) spawning around me also fell through the ground in the same manner. No artifacts were active.

I've read some other bug reports about falling through the ground, but those bugs seemed more like they were about the player falling through the ground on seemingly random occasions.

I have a couple guesses as to what's happening, but I'll put my amateur opinion aside and leave it to the devs.

• Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

From my personal experience, I just exit that run and go back in. It should usually correct itself immediately, but can take a couple tries.

• Antylamon

Antylamon Space Hobo

To clarify, that wasn't a "omg im stuck plz help!" post, it was more of a "I thought you guys would want to know"

• Dargona1018

Yea, I understand that. I was just thinking that I might as well throw that in seeing as the post would be seen either way, and saying that (for you or other observers) might help.

• Ging

Ging Space Hobo

Same here.
                    I purchased RoR from Steam last week and have been unable launch it at all. Always results in this same error message.
                    I've tried re-installing, verifying game cache, starting with "-windowed", running as Admin, ensuring UAC is turned off, all to no avail.

Is anyone able to offer some help with this please?
                    (I'm running Win 8.1 if that makes any difference)

********* EDIT ************
                    Thanks to a suggestion over on the Steam forums, I have now got past this FATAL ERROR when trying to launch the game.
                    I've installed Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 and RoR now launches successfully.
                    Seems my Win 8.1 PC was missing some necessary runtime components.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
                    • szpaq234

szpaq234 Space Hobo

Steam version 1.2.4:
                      -Laser Glaive sometimes doesn't do damage (bounces without damage)
                      -when you play with command and want to choose item form a box, (x) opens multiple boxes if they're stacked
                      -Telescopic Sight doesn't work, it displays something like 1500000 damage but no damage is dealt to a monster

• Dargona1018

This has been a problem for a long time, but it's turned into something that most of us just get used to, and plan to get an item you can stack (most whites, a decent amount of greens, Sacrificial Dagger for Reds, etc etc).

• rudibr

rudibr Intergalactic Tourist

of Step EventoEfDecoy
                          for object oExplosion:

with enforcer/medium dif, first level forest, happened when I had the use item on cooldown (crudely drawn buddy, still active), and switched with an item on the floor (prescriptions)

• BbyCrrt

BbyCrrt Aquatic Astronaut

of Step EventoEfDecoy
                            for object oExplosion:

• Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

srs ror bug.png

On a variation of this level, anything past the point I'm falling at is non solid. Happens with both Enforcer and Acrid, may happen with other characters but it hasn't happened yet. Windows version, running Windows 7.

• EnforcerFan

EnforcerFan Space Hobo

Hey Guys, love the game, just a heads up that the Soldier Syringe is not updating in the Item Log screen, recently started a fresh game and save and went on an unlocking spree, have unlocked the Soldiers Syringe and had it in Rainstorm difficulty on multiple runs but it does not fill in the silhouette so I can't see the item info and flavor text. I have validated the file and made sure its up to date but all looks fine. Just a small thing but its a real pain to feel like it's not done yet. Hope its an easy fix, love the game, you guys do good work.
                                Enforcer for life!

• Darkone59

Darkone59 Subatomic Cosmonaut

New bug report

The decoy bomb will cause multiplayer to crash

• Fred10k

Fred10k Great Scott!

Hei, i've got a bug!? at the achievements page.
                                    The font look stretched and cut off. See picture attached below.

[​IMG]

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Try changing resolution and seeing if that fixes it.

Fred10k likes this.
                                      • Fred10k

Fred10k Great Scott!

It does. But then I can run it only in windowed mode.
                                        In fullscreen at native 1680x1050 all screens seem to render nicely, except the achievements page.

• MY LITTLE PWNY

MY LITTLE PWNY Space Hobo

Снимок экрана из 2015-01-15 11:25:25.png 1.png Снимок экрана из 2015-01-15 11:31:40.png
                                          Ubuntu 14.04 + Gnome 3
                                          I cat play :cry:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015