1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

When a magma worm has spawned, it adds 20 to the "remaining enemies" count, rather than simply 1. Additionally, it's only counted as a remaining enemy while it's nearby.
    I also want to mention that this bug has still existed since the demo version of the game.

• Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

It's because of him being multiple segments, and I don't know if they want to put in the effort of fixing something as minor as that when there are so many errors around.

• meekohi

meekohi Space Hobo

Windows 7. Just bought the game fresh off Steam. Can't even start the game, it immediately displays "Code Error..."
        Code:
        of Create Event
        for object oInit:

ds_map_read argument 2 incorrect type expecting a String
        at gml_Object_oInit_Create_0
        ############################################################################################

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

A bug is a bug, and bugs must be squashed.

• Zawisza

Zawisza Astral Cartographer

After unlocking Loader the Giant Amethyst use item was instantly in my item log as collected. Killing Overloading Magma Wyrm doesnt unlock the forementioned item and im not sure whenever i cant obtain it, since its locked, or RNG is screwing with me since i didnt saw it playing. Sorry if double posted, i didnt read all replies here

OS Win7

• Qwerty0s

Qwerty0s Orbital Explorer

This has become my standard ending to runs. I have tried turning the graphics quality to low, but no matter what I do I eventually end up crashing the game at random times (70+ minutes), usually when killing bosses. Perhaps I should stop playing with spite active, although that tends to decrease the challenge level of the game. Please try to fix this. Or not. It's not really an issue many people have, after all.

• Shadowhawkx1

Shadowhawkx1 Intergalactic Tourist

Still having the game freeze when joining a online co-op game, then moves to a force item sharing screen which cannot be passed. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.

• whykillme

whykillme Space Hobo

May i say i am very dissapointed that CO-OP is 100% broken right now? Without getting to the last level what is the use of even playing this game? And that it takes so long to get it fixed, the only reason i bought this game is to play CO-OP. Otherwise i wouldn't have bought it at all.

• wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

do i really need to say what i did for the loader bug? also if u didn't got the 1st image, is about the game's icon not showing... since 1.2, if you pay attention at the hour you will know why i mute my computer.

• Spydie

Spydie Void-Bound Voyager

of Step EventoEfDecoy
                      for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.bunker(100446, -2147483648)
                      at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325
                      ############################################################################################

Used a decoy two minutes prior to this. Had a loaded inventory, 2nd round going to the 2nd stage.

• The Dapper Knight

The Dapper Knight Space Spelunker

This happens when I try to start up the game on my windows xp machine.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Risk of Rain\memory(223,4): error X5200: (Third source param) Invalid register number: 38. Max allowed for this type is 31.

• TheOriginalSINe

TheOriginalSINe Intergalactic Tourist

The "kill 10 enemies with one-shot kills consecutively" counter does not reset when you end a game. I imagine this bug effects other similar achievements due to the way the information is stored in the ini file.

• G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Adding to my earlier post a few pages back, I found that the Alien Head item is completely useless: it does not reduce cooldown, regardless of what the tooltip for the skill says.

Notice the tooltip says the 4th ability is at 2 seconds while having 3 Alien Heads.
                            [​IMG]

Now notice where the cooldown still remains to the original countdown, instead of reducing.
                            [​IMG]

Safe to say, the item's busted. As well, not entirely sure if this is because I have an Ancient Scepter. I'll edit this post if I find out that the Scepter is causing the issue.

• y8ycgl

y8ycgl Space Hobo

As far as I can tell, Origin should be unlocked on any difficulty as long as you have all of the artifacts on. I just beat providence, picked up the origin artifact (i made sure) under the platform before i hit the button and it didn't unlock it.

EDIT: three games ending in death later it is suddenly unlocked. o_O

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
                              • janpan

janpan Space Hobo

Just look at this crash :( I was so angry !

[​IMG]

WISH THEY WILL FIX THIS SOON ! :(

• leet

leet Intergalactic Tourist

The game crashes whenever I beat it. It's repeated twice now.

[​IMG]

• DrPastah

DrPastah Aquatic Astronaut

Got this crash log. Was playing on a host and as soon as I entered the game it crashed.

of Step Event2
                                    for object oHUD:

DoDiv :: Divide by zero
                                    at gml_Object_oHUD_Step_2

• Zawisza

Zawisza Astral Cartographer

Not sure if its a bug or not, but after picking up arms race and backup use item, the rocket pads from arms race were applied to drones from backup. Working rocket pads. Which instantly doubled the dps from the forementioned use item.

Also, as of 1.2.4, killing Overloading Magma Wyrm doesnt unlock the achievement on Loader.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
                                      • IrishBullocks

IrishBullocks Yeah, You!

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but when I use the Alien Head item, the cooldown for HAN-D's 4th move is not reduced at all, even when it says "2 sec cooldown" for the 3 heads. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it seems like a glaring problem since he has few moves to reduce anyway. The buff he has for his 3rd move is reduced by the alien heads, but the 4th stays at 5. I hope this isn't intended, because through 2 or 3 updates I've seen go by, this hasn't been changed.

• OGCaptianRenaldo

OGCaptianRenaldo Space Hobo

Yeah, after beating game on mac i encountered this screen and the game crashed :( Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 10.33.03 PM.png

Attached Files: