1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

Windows 7 64bit Steam
    Linux Opensuse 64bit Steam and Humble Bundle DDL

I hope this is the information you are asking for. i would test on a mac but a core solo 1.5ghz with gma 950 might be pushing what RoR can do. everything else Mac wise i own is PowerPC processor based so :(

I hope this helps.

• Grambottle

Grambottle Space Hobo

Also getting the final level multiplayer crash bug, same error screen.

of Other Event: Room Start
      for object pChest:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.preplaced(100824, -2147483648)
      at gml_Object_pChest_Other_4
      ############################################################################################

Win 7 x64 Steam
      corei7 3770k
      Radeon HD7780
      a motherboard with RAM :3

Also controller support seems fine for me. Using a wired xbox360 controller.

• zobby

zobby Void-Bound Voyager

This happend to me 3 times in a row. kinda lame due to still being new to the game. If it is like this I don't even want to waste my time trying to play the game anymore
        of Destroy Event
        for object oWormHead:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get 297600.wormCount(101399, -2147483648)
        at gml_Object_oWormHead_Destroy_0
        ############################################################################################

• Blitz of Wrath

Blitz of Wrath Space Hobo

Movement with a controller does not work. Joysticks work in the menu but not in-game, D-pad left moves the character right and D-pad down moves the character left. I am using a PS3 controller that works for all other games.

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

interesting. i cant seem to get my PS3 controler , both the sixaxis and the dualshock3 , to function at all including in menu. I can get it functioning somewhat in Serious Sam and in my emulators.

• Slanzinger

Slanzinger Orbital Explorer

I can't start the game using my old save.
              I haven't played in quite a while (a couple of months I think), wanted to load up and see what was new in the latest patch. So I start the game, and get a black screen for about a two seconds... and then it kicks me to desktop.
              It seems to be Save.ini that is doing it - if I move that file elsewhere, the game boots properly (but losing all my progress). Prefs.ini doesn't have an effect (i.e. it doesn't matter whether or not it's there, or whether I try to start in fullscreen or something). Have never edited the save file in any way. What is causing this? (Last change to Save.ini was the 4th of September, whichever patch version that was)
              Running through Steam on Win7. No crash log after attempting to start it. Can upload my Save.ini if that would help track down the problem.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
              • Z4rkal

Z4rkal Void-Bound Voyager

I've crashed with this error twice now while playing as the Sniper. Both crashes occurred at the instant that I fired Steady Aim while an enemy (In the first case a young vagrant and in the second case a bison) was right on top of me. Judging from the "object oChainLightning," the fact that I had picked up a Ukelele not too long before each crash occurred might be relevant.
                FATAL ERROR in
                action number 1
                of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                for object oChainLightning:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.ttarget_index(101280, -2147483648)
                at gml_Object_oChainLightning_Alarm_0
                ##########################################################################################

Edit: I did some Artifact of Command runs to test my theory and it does seem to be the Ukelele. Whenever Steady Aim procs the Ukelele on enemies that are standing on top of you (as in standing in the same spot as your character) it consistently crashes the game, but Steady Aim is the only skill that seems to cause this. I couldn't get the Ukelele to crash my game with the Commando or the Huntress.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
                • ButterQuark

ButterQuark Space Hobo

I have consistently gotten a crash when switching between 2x and 1x scale.
                  Code:
                  ERROR in
                  action number 1
                  of Draw Event
                  for object oEfHeal2:

Trying to use non-existing surface.
                  at gml_Object_oEfHeal2_Draw_0

• BigBoyBarnBurner

BigBoyBarnBurner Space Hobo

I have gotten this same error multiple times with other classes. I can't remember the classes/items, but I know it doesn't only happen with the sniper.

• Rockman0z

Rockman0z Void-Bound Voyager

Me and my roommate just had same crash two games in a row;

#############################################################################
                      ERROR in
                      FATAL ERROR in
                      action number 1

#############################################################################

I was the only one to crash first game, playing as Chef, reloaded and second game as Chef again and him as Sniper we both crashed out. I had Ukulele, unsure if he did. Playing multi, not local co-op.

• dfnord

dfnord Intergalactic Tourist

Error when playing on Monsoon with Loader, with Origin, Glass and Command, on a MAC 10.9.3

[​IMG]

Error:

FATAL ERROR in
                        action number 1
                        of Step EventoP
                        for object oEfHeal:

Unable to find any instance of object index '143446'
                        at gml_Object_oEfHeal_collision_167

*Edit*: very consistent error. Got it again immediately after trying the same build again:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
                        • Albatr0ss_

Albatr0ss_ Space Hobo

Playing on the Windows partition of a Mac, 1.2.3, Windows 7 64 bit. Got the code error crash when I used Crudely Drawn Buddy.

• SandSpider2234

SandSpider2234 Space Hobo

I got a game crash while soloing Sniper. I think it was because of the Chargefield Generator since it says something about ChainLightning.
                            It crashed my game twice while on the final level, making me lose my progress. Quite annoying, really.
                            FATAL ERROR in
                            action number 1

##########################################################################################

• grunter919

grunter919 Space Hobo

My brother and I are continually attempting to play multiplayer games, but are always discouraged by a fatal error crash at a random point during our game. Sometimes this error comes hours into play...Here is the fatal error:

of Other Event: Room Start
                              for object pChest:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.preplaced(100824, -2147483648)
                              at gml_Object_pChest_Other_4

• Rawrkanos

Rawrkanos Void-Bound Voyager

Client-side crash:

of Step Event2
                                for object oEfChain:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -10.x(0, -2147483648)
                                at gml_Object_oEfChain_Step_2

This crash occurred for the person who joined me. When we changed who was hosting so that they hosted, this crash occurred for me. Did not seem specifically attached to any particular situation, event, or item.

FATAL ERROR in
                                action number 1
                                of Step Event2
                                for object oInit:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -10.dead(100016, -2147483648)
                                at gml_Script_move_view

This crash occurred for just my partner.

• zoomo

zoomo Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I've been playing the mac version and I really love it, however I'm running into a lot of bugs I'll post them here:
                                  error-1.png
                                  error-2.png
                                  I wasn't able to copy the text straight from the error box so I just screen-capped them.

• dfnord

dfnord Intergalactic Tourist

This version (1.2.3) seems to be unplayable when compared to 1.2.2:

On Monsoon with Loader, with Origin, Glass and Command, on a MAC 10.9.3

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

On Monsoon with no artifacts enabled:

[​IMG]

• GigabitPony

GigabitPony Void-Bound Voyager

Having issues with the character being stuck going forward or shooting the main ability. Will not stop, can reproduce every game, making it very unenjoyable and unplayable.

Windows 7 x64 Steam

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
                                      • Inflammablefish

Inflammablefish Space Hobo

___________________________________________
                                        FATAL ERROR in
                                        action number 1
                                        of Step EventoEfDecoy
                                        for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.bunker(100446, -2147483648)
                                        at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325

To my knowledge this occurred at no specific time and all 3 people in the game crashed aswell.

• golbeeze

golbeeze Intergalactic Tourist

When I start a game, it seems to work normally except I can't move at all. I can't attack or do anything. The enemies spawn and kill my character as if I had walked away from my computer. I have tried changing the buttons on the keyboard and using a gamepad. No input will function.