22nd February

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 22, 2014.

1. tboy21

tboy21 Void-Bound Voyager

1. Survivalist
    2. Industrilization
    3. creative mod

2. trager

trager Intergalactic Tourist

I also vote for Persistent Farmables. Also Better Mining. I really like the idea of the Rock Scanner but it's way to dark on the Mac.

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Its good to see you - starting to post here, as opposed to asking only on Reddit
    A welcome change. Though the glitch ship could have been added also

http://imgur.com/Ci4G0M5

====

As for mods - the only complete one seems to be OKEA - the rest are nice and all but they don't feel like they are base game material. Or they are extremely abusive hence destroying balance

4. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Adding modded races won't "ruin" the lore...Chucklefish is going to add a modded race called the Novakid in Beta Stage 3 Bio-organic update and they are fitting their lore into the game. Also it won't take them extra money to implement races and their lore into Starbound. They may tweak things to fit into their game, but most of the work is already done for them when they implement these types of mods, yet you're worried about something they have plenty of time to implement if they want to. It won't ruin the lore either since Starbound's universe is vast and only 6 going on 7 (Novakid) races inhabit it. That just shows their lore is incomplete. I mean even the intro scenes for the races aren't made yet except the human one which isn't activated at the moment. Also I think a few modded races could fit into to the game. Once again look at the Novakid's who are going to be based of the Wild Western theme.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  5. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

Colonies Mod, Yourstarboundcrew mod, Fight for universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra mod, Garden Bot mod

6. iamzid

iamzid Void-Bound Voyager

+50 points to the dev that has to read through all of this crap.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  7. Wavegiver

Wavegiver Space Spelunker

My top two would have to be;
    Starfoundry, because who doesn't love building geothermal power plants and Frackin Flora, because science rules. Both are extremely well made and would make fantastic additions to the game.

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Many custom races have proper lore fleshed out and integration into existing canon. There is even a race-mod-mod that further integrates interactions between race mods, to create a coherent set of extended lore and interactions.

9. jokerinblack

jokerinblack Space Spelunker

Another mod that would be awesome to add is one to move lave or water around. I prefer the Liquid Extractor mod but any mod that allows you to move around liquids would be great. The one other thing I think would be great would be the ability to set oil on fire. I'm actually not sure if it is oil but assume the liquid that doesn't affect you negatively and is a purplish color and I often see suspended above water is oil :rofl:.

10. WorldAura

WorldAura Tentacle Wrangler

11. Amadeuss

Amadeuss Space Spelunker

Would love to see:

Creative mode
    More songs
    Build-able ships
    Variety is spice (additional biomes mod)

12. WorldAura

WorldAura Tentacle Wrangler

13. Digerati

Digerati Void-Bound Voyager

Novakid+ (or when you release Novakid on your own, be sure it can migrate existing users of the mod into your version of the race)
    Starfoundry
    Persistent Farmables
    Colonists
    Madtulip's Spaceship Mod
    Pilch's Science Station (base in a box)

14. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm all for many of the mods suggested here, such as Colorbound, Starfoundry, the Okea Kiosk (or some variant), the dyeing bucket, and (eventually and hopefully) the Avali race. I also would find something like the Interesting Starter Swords mod in the base game, as I always found it odd that there is no way to repair or upgrade the broken starter weapons.

15. Digerati

Digerati Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting Starter Swords - That's a good idea. Nice mod.

16. Faughn

Faughn Title Not Found

17. Duroth

Duroth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dyeing bucket, most definitely. The dyeing basics were implemented in vanilla a long time ago, and that mod simply finishes what should have been a part of the base game since day 1. Besides, it works like a charm and should take no time at all to add.

Starfoundry, since it offers completely new game mechanics that would add immense value to Starbound's endgame. What's a space explorer to do when he grows tired of exploring? Build a freaking fully automatic factory, that's what.

Frackin' Flora sounds amazing as well. Because again, new game mechanics. We need new and interesting game mechanics more than we need new items.

Electric Home Defense has a lot of the stuff Starfoundry has. Why would we need 2 different mods? Combine them, make them compatible, and throw them in the base game, Chucklefish!

Starbound Colonies Mod. Yup. New game mechanics. I want more of that. Much more.

Garden Bot. Automated gardening. New mechanics!

Also, item frames, or some item display mechanic. Because all I've got now is a half-assed workaround.

18. Bejamin

Bejamin Void-Bound Voyager

Persistent farmables, modules in a box, advanced medkits, energy bridges, higher hunting and hunting+, masks & blindfolds, nobattlemusic (or perhaps a more linear transition), Sabboth_lighting. I'm sure a lot of them ones are already planned on going in, like, the lighting one seems to be what the trailer videos showed. Thanks, y'all, keep on keepin' on! Such Starbound, much wow! :D Sorry for not postin' links, I just wrote most of them as they were in my mods folder. :p

19. Little-blade

Little-blade Void-Bound Voyager

Avali please!

20. AngelEye74

AngelEye74 Intergalactic Tourist

I think "Variety is the Spice of the Universe"
    And the "Starscape" MOD