1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out Bartwe's installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.

Novakid+ 1.4

playable mod race of the Novakid/Anodynes

1. Bietol
    These are the Novakid as I originally envisioned them, but also more merged with Suika Ibuki's Anodynes.

Features:

• Character customization
      • charcreate.png
      • Novakid+ is intended to work with the Simple Extended Character Creation Mod.
      • 25 facial brands
      • 23 hairstyles
        • 5 of which are Anodyne hairstyles
      • independently colored plasma and crystal deposits
      • lackluster random name generator!
    • FTL train
      • ship light 3.png
      • a stack of (1) coal in the ship's storage!
    • Respawn animation (suggested by Suika)
      novakidrespawn.gif
    • some mediocre codices!
    Lazy Notes:
    • I don't currently plan on making much (if any) armor or weapon tiers for these guys, since it's an arduous task and I assume Chucklefish is on it already.

How to Install:
    1. Download and extract the Novakid+ mod into your mod folder
    2. If don't already have the Simple Extended Character Creation Mod:
      • You can install it from here, or
      • You can rename the file \novakid+\interface\windowconfig\charcreation.config.disabled to just charcreation.config.
    3. You're done!
    shovel hat flag.png
    Go knock 'em dead

Misc Notes:
    If you come across a "client-server connection no longer valid" error when trying to start the game, you might have an unfriendly mod installed.

Video Review(s):
    version 1.3.1 (open)

version 1.1 (open)

(starting @4:35)

Anodynes © Suika Ibuki
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. warrior.png

Recent Reviews

1. Mr Mishmish
    Mr Mishmish
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Awesome mod, hope the respawn animation will be in base game!
  2. Kiyotaka
    Kiyotaka
    5/5,
    I LOVE NOVAKIDS!!! I have one of my own, and I just couldn't bear ever having to get rid of him. He's the cutest!!
  3. CL4P-TR4P
    CL4P-TR4P
    3/5,
    I keep receiving an error when i try to start up my game. It involves something to do with the "treasurepool" file as it says it has an error loading it up. I removed the treasure pool file and it worked fine. Fix the file!
  4. jose_gtj
    jose_gtj
    5/5,
    cool, i liked the respawn animation and the char model
  5. moyer
    moyer
    5/5,
  6. Lukhaz
    Lukhaz
    4/5,
    I love it!
    i'd like to know hoimew his armors will be like, but yet.
    multiplayer for novakid+ is bugged, when i'm not hosting, everytime i login in my friend's server, i end up in a planet different from the last one...
    thank you for your t
  7. 23111331
    5/5,
    Cool novakid
  8. jonny1150
    jonny1150
    5/5,
    I really like the ship design, the customisation, the generated names and the sound when you hit things with your shovel. so satisfying...
  9. nightangel249
    nightangel249
    5/5,
    the character is amazing and the shovel was a good idea. i have got to give props to you for the animation, it looks like it belongs with the group. i would just play as the nova kid just for the animation. respawn animation if you did not know what i was talking about. the character also moves very nicely. maybe you could add flames trails in the future.
  10. Robo-Pi
    Robo-Pi
    5/5,
    Incredible ship design, great customization options. Chucklefish, if you're still having a hard time getting NovaKids out, here's a great place to start! Amazing job. Any idea if you're gonna make some racial armor?