Now included in it's entirety in More Farming! Check it out here
Since the mod author of the original YesChef hasn't updated his mod yet I've taken the liberty of updating it to work with the latest version and made it easy to make future updates through a repository on Github. If you wish to learn more about this mod, I suggest taking a look at the page this mod came from: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/yes-chef.3106/
So.. What is it?
Yes Chef! is a proof of concept mod I've been working on to redesign the Starbound cooking flow. I've played the game for a couple of months and really enjoy it, however I felt a few things were lacking in depth. The games cooking flow felt rather flat and not as engaging as it 'could' be. So after toying around with the idea I've come up with something a little more involved. Given the player something more tangible for the homsteading playstyle the design team are proposing.
Food created still grants the same buffs as the games designers have intended, but the route to a plated meal has changed significantly. Your foraged goods now have to be prepared into baseline ingredients that follow a logical expectation outcome.
- More realistic ingredients and cooking steps
- Complex recipes (New and Old)
- Kitchen appliances (spice up your kitchen)
- Recipe book for seeing recipes and ingredients required for them
- Kitchen crafting table (For all your kitchen appliance needs)
- Survival cookware and recipes for those wanting an outdoors feel
- And many more!A new way to cook in the kitchen
Your cooking table is no longer a one stop shop. You now have to chop, boil, mill, blend, bake/roast or freeze depending on the recipe in question. Some items have multiple stages depending on what it is.
Taking a potato to the chopping board will wash, peel and chop it into a serving of prepared potato. You can then boil this or add it to other ingredients to make say, a stew mix.. then boiling the stew mix with 2 parts water will give you a serving of stew. Following as much real world cooking logic and expectancy as possible within the remit of the games original design and mechanics. Each item along the route has descriptive cues to help you along the way, if it needs boiling in water or milk, or stock for example and how many parts.
Okay cool, so how do I get started?
In the wilderness you will be able to create basic makeshift camp-site tools with your bare hands. This will allow you to get started cooking 'Mountain-man style' with what you can manage to forage.
Once you then have an established homestead, you can craft a full range of cookware at an iron crafting table to feed and water yourself comfortably!
What if I want to add stuff or I have a problem?
- You can send me a PM or add a comment in the Discussion tab of any issues/errors/crashes you encounter or even suggestions you have
- You could add an issue to the github repository itself: https://github.com/ColonolNutty/YesChef
Notes From The Author:
I've got permissions from JaseofBase now, so this mod will not be taken down any time soon
- JaseOfBase - For the original concept and implementation of the mod
- ColonolNutty - Updating the mod to work with Starbound 1.0 and above as well as the additions you see today
- rare_candy_bracelet for the quality images (Items and objects)
- And a Shout Out to all those that helped with the updating process
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Do not include this mod in compilations.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
OBSOLETE: CN Yes Chef: Back in the Kitchen v5.3.53
A cooking flow redesign! Get fancy with the spices, once more!