1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

CN More Farming v7.11.183

Want to spice up your kitchen with a multitude of ingredients, well now you can, again!

1. ColonolNutty
    _previewimage.png

Features:

• Hundreds of new meals, snacks, and desserts
    • Hundreds of new recipes
    • New crops
    • New race specific cooking appliances
    • A cooking experience unlike any other
    • New biomes
    • Frackin' Universe compatible
    What kind of cooking experience?
    The new cooking appliances aren't just decorations, they are now a part of the cooking process!
    Have a vanilla blender lying around doing nothing but taking up space? BAM, it now has the ability to blend ingredients.

There are no boundaries, if you know a recipes, you just have to put together the ingredients!
    Your New Favorite Shopping Center(s)

This mod adds a fresh shipment of new items being sold at the Terramart.

[​IMG]
    What can be found here?
    In addition to their existing wares, the Terramart now sells various produce and seeds from More Farming (and vanilla) as well as a few codexes.

These codexes will explain in detail a few of the features, some of them even introduce you to the world of cooking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is your main source for more crop seeds to expand your farms, if you are not satisfied with your existing yields, and also allows access to crops which don't yet grow in the wild.

However, that is not all. The Infinity Express was also interested in expanding its wares to increase sales. Who can blame them?​

[​IMG]
    At the Infinity Express, in addition to their existing miscellaneous items like Liquid Erchius and Processors, you can find the most important item in the universe.
    [​IMG]
    Chocolate!

[​IMG]

Though there is benefit to be had in producing your own ingredients for your dishes, the Infinity Express serves as a way to obtain necessary or optional ingredients like Cooking Oil, Salt and Ketchup, as well as packages of powdered ingredients like Flour, Yeast and Sugar.​

For the Survivalist in All of Us

Not everyone is keen on making trips to the grocery store to buy ingredients that can be made at home. After obtaining seeds from exploring (or the Terramart - we won't judge... much), you will need ways to shape these ingredients into food. Fortunately, you can do so with a couple of materials.

To make some basic appliances, especially when you don't have access to the Inventor's Table just yet, you can put them together by hand (via the crafting interface, default key is "c")

At the universally-standard Inventor's Table, you will find a new crafting station called Kitchen Crafting Table, craft it and place it down somewhere. Once you do, you will notice a unique interface, within this interface there are filters located on the left hand side for the various races, or you can choose All to view all appliances.

Note: Some appliances are only found under the Basic filter (Keep this in mind when looking for an appliance) the Distillery is one such example.
    [​IMG]
    Each appliance, depending on the race it comes from, requires various ingredients. Hover over any recipe to view the ingredients needed. What's more, you will notice a few vanilla appliances, such as the Blender, Coffee Machine, and Microwave.

The most important of all "appliances", is the Recipe Book. This is an essential part of any aspiring chefs kitchen. It can be found no matter what filters you have set. Craft it, place it, and take a look inside.
    [​IMG]

You will find a whole load of recipes just waiting to be put together. Same as before with the Kitchen Crafting Table, you will notice filters on the left side. Only this time, these filter by the method used to make the recipes.
    As an example, select Chop and you will see all things you can make by chopping up ingredients.​
    [​IMG]
    You may be asking yourself, there is no craft button!!!

It is standard throughout the universe for recipe books to exclude the ability to "cook" from them (After all, you wouldn't poke your own cookbook at home and expect it to make the meal for you).

A codex exists somewhere in the universe (Terramart) that explains all there is to know about the Recipe Book, it also makes mention of an alternative to conventional cooking, but we don't talk about that.​

Even Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks

First time users of More Farming may end up confused when they initially take a look inside the Recipe Book. Don't be - it's all part of the experience (Confusion and nausea are side effects). In order to be a successful chef, you will need to learn how to experiment, try different ingredients, see what comes out.

Just like in the real world, experimentation is key to cooking meals, new or old (Or you could just look at a recipe book, because someone else already found the recipe. Unlike real life though, you can't really fail, if nothing can be prepared with the ingredients used it means there is nothing currently existing that can be made with that combination, due to game limitations :rolleyes:)

And, not only can you learn more tricks - so can the crops you are used to growing:

• Sugarcane now drops sugarcane instead of sugar as you'd expect, try milling it to see what you get.

[​IMG]

• Neonmelons and Pumpkins now grow to their fullest potential. Try chopping them to bits, see what awaits you!

[​IMG]

Wait, I Can Build With This Stuff Too?

Did I forget to mention the new blocks that have been added? I did, didn't I?

[​IMG]

They are Neonmelon Blocks, Pumpkin Blocks, Sugar Blocks, Sugarcane Blocks, Chocolate Blocks, Dark Chocolate Blocks, White Chocolate Blocks, as well as a few others. You can make them at any old Wooden Workbench.

In addition, this mod adds recipes for Thatch, Bamboo and Sod Blocks. You make them in the same place as other the other blocks above.

A Chocolate-y Affair

Of all the basic ingredients added by this mod, Chocolate is the most complex to produce. It requires a few extra steps beyond just throwing stuff into a pot. This section will focus on refining Cocoa into Chocolate.

Like all other crops, Cocoa is obtained by growing its plant, the Cocoa tree, from seeds you have found on Jungle worlds or from the Terramart. Ready to be harvested, Cacao trees look like this:

[​IMG]

To make the Cocoa Pods usable, you need to bake (All baking appliances are labelled with "Bake" in the name) them in an oven until they become Cocoa Nibs.
    [​IMG]

Now you need to grind up the Cocoa Nibs to produce Cocoa Powder (You can grind them up using any appliance labelled with "Mill") (which can also be bought at the Infinity Express).

[​IMG]

Toss the Cocoa Powder back into an oven (Labelled with "Bake") to produce Chocolate Liquor (It is non-alcoholic)

[​IMG]

Now toss this Chocolate Liquor into a pressing appliance (Any appliance labelled with "Press") to produce... Cocoa Butter! Be careful you don't use up all of the Chocolate Liquor, Chocolate itself uses this as an ingredient, some desserts use it as well.

[​IMG]

And for the final step, to craft Chocolate in all it's glory, you will need to bake Cocoa Butter, Chocolate Liquor, Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla Extract together within an oven.

[​IMG]

What's that? How do you get Vanilla Extract? Well, my good buddy, you make it of course! You can also purchase it at an Infinity Express, but where's the fun in that? I'll leave how to make Vanilla Extract for you to figure out.

You may be wondering, what happened to the old Cocoa Plant? Well, my good buddy, the old Cocoa Plant had to be modified to accommodate the new changes.​

There are quests?!

You heard that correctly! There are quests that will take you through some basic steps to get you started with the new cooking system, you can find them simply by locating the appropriate codexes.
    • The Terramart sells a few codex
    The first of many quests, starts when you pick up the Protectorate Camp Guide CH1 book. Use it from your inventory and the quest will begin (If you haven't completed it already of course).

[​IMG]
    • If you're a new space explorer, you can find the chapters within your ships locker.
    [​IMG]

Hindsight is 20/20 (Installing, Reporting Issues and Suggestions)

Humans are not perfect. We can overlook many things (Although some may think otherwise). That is why this section is necessary,

Installing MFM:

1. Navigate to your \Starbound\mods\ folder, usually found at this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\"
    2. Download the ZIP file associated with this mod.
    3. Open the ZIP file with a program like 7Zip.
    4. Drag the folder "MoreFarming" (or similar) into your mods folder.
    5. Play Starbound.

Reporting Issues:

Always post your issues in the DISCUSSION THREAD, the STEAM WORKSHOP COMMENTS SECTION, or in GITHUB, NOT IN THE REVIEWS, these types of reviews WILL BE REPORTED. I am very attentive, and I will always respond to an issue posted in any of these places (I get emails when you do it in GitHub).

GAME CRASHES: I WILL need to see your log file before I can help you. Capisce?

How do I get the logs though??!
    1. Locate the log file here (There should be no number in the name, this means a file with the name "starbound.log.1" is NOT the CORRECT file):
      1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound"
      2. if you have file extensions enabled "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\starbound.log"
    2. Paste the contents on www.pastebin.com
    3. Copy the URL/Address at the top of your browser
    4. Add a comment in the discussion tab, steam workshop, or github, and paste the URL/Address you copied
    Without this, your problem will be ignored and I will refuse to help until you provide the above to me.

Other Issues:
    If your issue is not crash-related, but something more along the lines of "this can't be crafted" or "I get Perfectly Generic Items from <insert some action here>" or any number of issues you may face, see below:

"This can't be crafted"
    1. Launch Starbound
    2. In-game, open the appliance you are crafting with
    3. Check the "Enable Debug" checkbox
    4. Attempt to craft the item that you can't craft
      1. If using the FU addon, place the ingredients for the recipe
      2. If not using the FU addon, place the ingredients for the recipe and click the Make/Go/Cook button
    5. Exit Starbound
    6. Continue by following the same steps as above for "How to I get the logs though??!"
    "I get PGIs from <insert some action here>"
    1. Launch Starbound
    2. In-game, do that action, whatever it is, harvesting/killing/fishing/dancing
    3. Exit Starbound
    4. Continue by following the same steps as above for "How do I get the logs though??!"

If this tickles your fancy check out these other mods:

[​IMG]

View attachment 211957

Suggestions:

Please leave suggestions in the Discussion thread, on the Steam workshop page, or log an issue in the GitHub repository. I will respond to them with my thoughts. I don't turn down good ideas.

Changelog:
    For a complete changelog, visit the github repository

Credits:
    • Jaseofbase for the original Yes Chef mod
    • BigBlueSerpent for the original original idea and implementation
    • Mackinz for the initial reboot of the mod and the creation of the mega mod as well as Rattan Crops
    • rare_candy_bracelet for making a large portion of the images of objects, items, etc.
    • ColonolNutty (me) for rebooting the reboot, and the creation of the repository
    • Lord Humungus for old mods to incorporate
    • Bughunter for Prickly Pears
    • Ulithium_Dragon for Animated Fly Trap
    • Petrenko for Bamboo (renamed Great Bamboo) and Cactus (renamed Saguaro)
    • Thundercraft for Holiday Trees
    • CrispyBlockland for Crispy Food Crops and Crispy Food Stuffs
    • rosett for Farmable Fuels and Foods
    • Bestpick for More Foods
    • olaorman for Garpberries
    • steelndirt for Soybeans
    • MtgVoryo for Eggplant and Coconut Palm
    • DoomFire for Underground Chocolate Biome
    • Revvemup / 777Dan777 for the Watermelon Sprites from the Moon Melons mod
    LunaOculi for Underground Chocolate Biome Art

Special Thanks (Offered Suggestions and provided feedback, if I missed you, speak up!):

If you've gotten this far you may be wondering, "Why is it called More Farming if it doesn't JUST cover farming?" Well, my good compatriot it's ultimately because I ColonolNutty am dumb. I missed the opportunity to rename it before releasing it to the public, because of that, it is too late for a name change. There could be loads of mods dependent on this one that would need to be updated to accommodate a name change as well as a load of codex entries, and other assets that make reference to the More Farming name. If I could change it, it'd likely be closer to what the mod actually encompasses.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. v7.11.183
  2. v7.11.182
  3. v7.11.181

Recent Reviews

1. Pukitaki
    Pukitaki
    5/5,
    Version: v7.11.179
    If I could only have ONE MOD in my game... This would be it.

By the way, are you still open to recipe suggestions?
    1. ColonolNutty
      Author's Response
      I'm always open to recipe suggestions.
  2. Checker
    Checker
    5/5,
    Version: v6.10.164
    Great mod! But my game lag when i place recipe book to world.
    1. ColonolNutty
      Author's Response
      Unavoidable lag, and it is one time (upon placing it) lag only. Better than lag in the interface itself.
  3. qinlongfei
    qinlongfei
    5/5,
    Version: v6.10.163
    Judging this mod solely on the author's intention for what the mod is trying to accomplish, it is easily a 10/10. The mod makes cooking process in Starbound to be as realistic as possible in a 8-bit video game, and it add variety to Starboud's food item that make me scratch my head on why Chucklefish didn't include in the first place (No noodles? Come on).

Unfortunately, if I would judge this mod solely base on my personal taste then I instantly drop it like a hot potato.

The biggest problem for me (which I freely admit to other can be completely positive) is how this make cooking in Starbound a total micromanagement nightmare. This mod changes most meal in the game to requires multiple work in progress to make, and those items are further distributed to multiple different workstations. It instantly give me Fracking Universe PTSD where I can't remember which station I need to go to make the basic component of an advanced item I want to make. I would say in this case it is worse than Fracking Universe's crafting system, since cooking is tied to survival's hunger meter. And it's just annoying to wildly go around trying to remember where I need to flip through the menu to make an intermediary item to cook a meal as my hunger meter ticks towards red.

While the mod does give an 'all in one' craft station in the form of a 'cheat menu' (the name and description about how I'm 'cheating to obliterate immersion' comes off as rather smug and patronising but I digress), it still does little to mitigate the problem of the micromanagement nightmare since I still need to sift through a bunch of items and make a bunch of work in progress to make the finished meal.

While I think it deserves a 5 star rate due to the huge amount of work author puts in, and it complete what it tries to do spectacularly (all my complain so far is more about I didn't enjoy what the author is trying to do, so really I'm the problem, not the mod), this mod should still be used by dedicated role players who like to make their Starbound as immersive as possible to real life, or hardcore players who want to make their Starbound experience much more challenging than vanilla game.

I can't help but feel this mod can really benefit from a 'CN More Farming: Lite Edition', where it retains all the new crops and finished meal recipe but eliminate the need for multiple workstations, and the intermediary items need to craft those meal. So players like me who enjoy Starbound when it is more of a relaxing colony builder can still enjoy the new crops and recipe but don't need to go through the extra hassle to bake a loaf of bread.
  4. rizjah
    rizjah
    5/5,
    Version: v6.10.157
    yummy :-D
  5. AngleWyrm
    AngleWyrm
    2/5,
    Version: v6.8.124
    Great idea for new plants and food, but has issues generating lag in store menus, and the storage system is painfully small.
    1. ColonolNutty
      Author's Response
      Storage system still in the works, but the lag no longer occurs with the new interfaces in the latest updates!
  6. Cryogeist
    Cryogeist
    5/5,
    Version: v6.7.98
    IT'S BAAAAAAACK!!! *cries tears of joy*
    1. ColonolNutty
      Author's Response
      and better than ever!
  7. JT`
    JT`
    4/5,
    Version: v3.6.72
    The mod expands the farming content substantially, but it is far more of a "cooking mod" than a "farming mod", and it radically alters the cooking process far too much for my taste (oh, a pun... well, it's out there).

Instead of most everything being crafted at a kitchen counter with various cosmetic ovens for basic roasting, you will now have to remember the differences between baking, blending, boiling, canning, frying... which is shared for you with renames of every furnishing to further remind you of how excessively different everything is. =)

While the roleplay aspects are phenomenal, there's just a little too much tedium, a little too much interface alteration, a little too much clutter, a little too much collectionism, and a little too little reward for it all. In other words, a little too far into "total overhaul" to the point that it doesn't feel "vanilla" enough for me.
    1. ColonolNutty
      Author's Response
      Updated, there is now an item called "Cheater's Recipe Book" which acts exactly as the Kitchen Counter, if you'd rather not go through the tedium, it may be exactly what you're looking for. (Crafting button and all) Only thing is, you need to be an admin to craft it. It isn't the intended direction or use of this mod, which is why this is.
  8. Reyghel
    Reyghel
    5/5,
    Version: v3.6.68
    A mods that adds a greater amount of crops, so you can have a space farm and feed yourself well. It says the mod Revitalize agriculture. I only hope to discover the crops in time and not starve.
  9. Idemuso
    Idemuso
    5/5,
    Version: v3.6.66
    Amazing mod! Love it. Hope more people check it out <3
  10. KTrinsic
    KTrinsic
    5/5,
    Version: v3.6.56
    Great addition to the variety of foods!