1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Amfin Species V0.3 (updated for Enraged Koala)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Ponyus, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ponyus

Ponyus Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

"The Amfin is a species that is obsessed with knowledge. Their civilisation consists of citysized libraries and an immense network of intelligence. They are a technologically advanced species and they can make complex constructions out of the simples of materials."

DOWNLOAD

Special thanks to Kawa for his Felin mod wich i used to learn how to make this.

Changelog

V 0.1
    • first version of the species
    • 6 hairstyles
    • 1 custom starting outfit
    • custom ship (will probably change at a later date)
    V 0.2
    • new ship. The Hydra C-Class Frigate
    • new starter weapon
    • custom tier 1 broadsword
    • added codex entries
    V 0.3
    • New tier 1 armor (WIP)
    • a bunch of work in progress assets (such as the hoverbike) that are not yet available in the game, but you can add it by modding the starter gear (for advanced users)
    • it's been so long since the last patch, so i cant remember what else i added

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. eran100

eran100 Void-Bound Voyager

More pics more clicks.

Evilplates, Dreadpool and Starsly like this.
  3. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

That character looks incredible, I would definitely play with this race!:laugh:

4. Martan

Martan Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like Zora from Zelda :D 9/10 would play

luki3m likes this.
  5. eran100

What armor do they use?

6. eran100

And I've put all the mods folder content inside mods folder used by mod loader, and I get an error...

7. Ponyus

They use a mix of Human and Hylotl as placeholders right now. im gonna make custom armor for them after i have playtested the new armor/weapon balancing.

The recent patch seems to have broken the mod. i figured out how to fix it and im uploading the new version now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. eran100

Do I still need to use the modloader?

9. Ponyus

yeah. or you could just do it yourself and open up bootsrap.config in the win32 folder and change it to look like this

Code:
    {
      "assetSources" : [
        "../assets",
        "../mods"
      ],
      "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

10. eran100

In your picture, where did you get all those items?

11. eran100

Btw what will happened if I'll wear lets say apex armor on this guy?

12. Ponyus

i found those items randomly by playing the game ^^

you can put any armor you want on the guy. there are no restrictions.

13. eran100

May I say, "Fuck Yeah!"
    Would be awesome if you can keep that.

14. Ponyus

they work like any other race. they can only craft cirtain items by default, but you can use anything you find and craft things from other races if you find the blueprints for it.

15. eran100

Oh didn't know that, just started playing the game.

16. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

I cannot, for the life of me, get this to work. I have followed all the instructions but I get the error "AssetException: Could not read variant value /player.config:bottomOfWorldTouchMargin caused by: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("bottomOfWorldTouchMargin") in query("bottomOfWorldTouchMargin")" which is then followed by a bunch of memory address eg 007C096E. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? It is probably a really simple solution, but I cannot figure it out.

EDIT: Forget it, I downloaded the latest version and it works a charm. Thanks.

17. Ponyus

this was the issue that popped up when they released the new patch. i thought i had fixed it with my latest release. it works for me and my friends.

do you have any other mods installed?

18. Carty1234

Yeah, I thought I had done everything properly (and I had) just needed the latest version. Thanks for the quick reply though :D

19. Ponyus

no problem. i was lurking the forums, so you caught me at a good time :D

anyway, i hope you guys like it and im always open to suggestions for things that i can add and improve. simple stuff like requests on new crest.-styles or suggestions on how i can expand the ship or even ideas for items.

20. Carty1234

I saw in the Ursine mod that the character creation is extended (http://i.imgur.com/Rb5gaXw.png) to fit the screen rather than floating at the top. Any ideas how this is possible? If not I will go searching for myself.

EDIT: Might be something to do with the files in here? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\interface\title
    I have created a bigger image and will sort the position variable out to fill all the slots with an empty image and will then upload the file. Busy atm so can't do it right away