1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Amfin 0.42 Upbeat Giraffe

high-tech space amphibians

1. Ponyus
    [​IMG]
    Even though they are the youngest of all the space-faring species in the galaxy, they are among the most technologically advanced ones and they always seek more knowledge to further advance their civilisation.

As they are the newest kid in the block, most of the other races are not yet sure how to view them.

Hylotl are probably the ones most fond of the Amfins. After their civilisations met, the Amfins were amazed by Hylotl culture. More specifically, their animated tv shows.
    Humans are less trusting. Having recently lost their home planet, they don't really want to get involved too much.
    The Amfin are very curious about the Glich. After suggesting they could find a way to fix the glich however, the Glich try to keep their distance.
    Florans are confused by Amfin. Viewing them as little more than a slightly less smelly, two eyed version of Hylotl.
    As most Novakids are older than the Amfin species itself, they have a hard time recognising them as a mature species.
    The Avians appreciate the Amfins willingness to trade, but get annoyed by them poking around inside their temples.
    Apex have questionable methods to perform science. The Amfin however, are not too concerned. The ends justify the means, after all.
    (modded race relationships can be added later if said mod author would be willing to discuss)

This mod requires a Character Creation mod, such as Kawa's Xbawx Mod in order to work.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Epty, DeffreyJahmer and Pohany like this.

Recent Updates

1. Compatible with latest stable
  2. 0.4 Hotfix 1
  3. Big Giraffe update

Recent Reviews

1. stormageddon546
    stormageddon546
    4/5,
    Version: 0.42 Upbeat Giraffe
    it would be awesome if you would add furniture and more armor for the amfin mod.
  2. darksickle39
    darksickle39
    5/5,
    Version: 0.42 Upbeat Giraffe
    it is a great mod the only problem is that when i use teleporter the game closes it self down. besides that it is a great mod.
  3. Joseph8030
    Joseph8030
    5/5,
    Version: 0.41 Upbeat Giraffe
    I'm really enjoying this race mod. I wish there were more custom head options, and the sounds they make are not really favored by me, however, I really do enjoy this mod! Great work!
  4. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2 Furious Koala
    The perfect race for my 1999-2014 tech level character
  5. Claudius
    Claudius
    5/5,
    Everything about this race mod is fantastic. The lore fits very well and is also really interesting. I can't imagine playing Starbound without the Amfin!
  6. Sagara
    Sagara
    5/5,
    I really like this race. I like almost every race not violent or human-like in its behavior.
    Plus the super big ship is an extra point as I like to save rare and unique items, or stacks of my favorite materials.
  7. olaorman
    olaorman
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    I really like like this race!
  8. AmieYuki
    AmieYuki
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Really like fish/aquatic inspired races and I love the look of this one. Not sure if I like it more or less than the Hylotl but the fact that I can't immediately stack it in comparison is a good sign. Some things that could be added in the future would be custom race specific dialogue (right now npc's default to responding to the player character as if she/he were a Hylotl) and custom lore in the form of codex. Absolutely not required, but would be appreciated, would be the addition of a small fin at the end of the tail to further distinguish this race as a aquatic race.