1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

schrodingers fish hehehe. sorry couldn't resist.

2. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Alpha is with close friend or family. Beta is with more people (in starbound's case, the community) and the there's the final release.

3. Metallumere

Metallumere Phantasmal Quasar

That sounds fair. If Beta was now then the forums would go silent for like 2 days, then everyone will explode with conversations and secret knowledge, not to mention server listings would pop up all over the place along with wikis being flooded.
    I kind of wonder if the site would even be able to handle all the people after the download.

misho and ImmortalFrog like this.
  4. Phayezorix

Phayezorix Yeah, You!

I'm going to wet myself if i wait for this any longer *pops* , I'm just saying what most of these people are thinking!

5. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

I kind of feel bad for people who are new, in a sense that they are going to ask a question that we would consider to be stupid are rude, and immediately get torched for asking simply because they didn't know any better. I was that person a while back, I know the pain.

It's like, these forums are like an old west bar saloon that just recovered from a massive bar fight that finally stopped because the lawmen came and shot their guns into the ceiling, and now that we are all picking up our chairs and talking about the gold rush again, some poor sap busts in and knocks over someone's hat, and before you know it the situation has escalated to people throwing chairs at other people again.

EDIT: Also, it's in space.

6. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Definitely. Everyone's gotten so tense.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  7. Miss Andry

Miss Andry Cosmic Narwhal

60 percent of the time they are true every time.

onerb2, Jonesy, natelovesyou and 3 others like this.
  8. spyfuttonbutton

spyfuttonbutton Subatomic Cosmonaut

LOL. you're so right.

9. spyfuttonbutton

I personally can't WAIT for the new Terraria Update. October 1'st, here we come!

Landlaw likes this.
  10. Fyreflyte

Fyreflyte Pangalactic Porcupine

Kind of a bummer it's on a Tuesday, though... Would have rocked if it released on a Friday. :lolwut:

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  11. spyfuttonbutton

Yeah, oh well! :p

12. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank god beta isn't coming until November, so I can play new Terraria update and don't be nervous because I have Starbound installed. Phew.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  13. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

We don't actually know when the beta is coming out. Right now it is only popular speculation that it is November.

Jonesy likes this.
  14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

It may or may not be November. It's possible, but not guaranteed. Could be October or December for all we know.

15. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

I hope it's end of Oct or start for Sep.

That leaves time for XY and Terraria.

Arch-Mage Zandor and Jonesy like this.
  16. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Did you mean start of November because there is only a couple of days left here in September.

Jonesy and ImmortalFrog like this.
  17. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Oh yeah I totally mean that. Also nice job on quotes.

Jonesy likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, late October / sometime November sounds good to me. But it's not as we get to decide. We'll have to go with whatever the devs do.

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  19. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

There's like only like 2 month 3 days left. If you guessed an exact date it would have 1 in 65 chance of being correct. Even if you guess the hour it would be 1 in 1560. That's more chances to guess the correct time of beta release than getting a shiny pokemon using the masuda method. Without using masuda method to get shiny it would have 8x less chances. That means that if you ever got a shiny in the wild, you have more chances to guess the beta time right. EIGHT TIMES.

I've gotten a shiny before. Technically I have the power to guess beta date and time and get it correct 8 of 1 time. Meaning 800% correct.

20. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd actually prefer december, just so I have lots of time off to spend playing it. Devs, do you think you can schedule beta to release the week after my specific universities finals?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.