1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

If you look at the front cover of beta released. It says 9/9/13. which is now. Shouldn't it already be out?

2. DivinitySquared

DivinitySquared Void-Bound Voyager

It's crossed out because the devs don't think they're going to have a FULL release available by the end of the year, not because beta is out, lol. The beta will be out before the end of the year though, just not the whole game.

3. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

lol, so let me get this straight because i'm a noob. Beta is not out right?!

4. DivinitySquared

DivinitySquared Void-Bound Voyager

No and you're not a noob! ^.^; It's been a simple mistake some people have made, lol. It won't be out for a bit, all we can do is wait. :p

5. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

The unfortunate part of all this is that it's killed preordering for a lot of people. I know for one i'm not going to be preordering anything ever again unless they state very clearly that beta/early access is available already. I can't even trust stated dates anymore sadly. It's the devs of other indie games that will ultimately suffer if the number of like minded people are high enough.

LeifGram and Pingeh like this.
  6. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

treasure adventure world was stung hard by the backlash :cry:.

http://treasureadventureworld.com/pre-order/

Pingeh likes this.
  7. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

well its a shame if some ppl refrained from preordering cus of starbound, but it is because of their expectations , preorder clearly stated BETA in 2013 which is still going on;p but ppl hoped for ealier release thus the dissapointment, cant blame starbound for ppl being more carefull about preorders of other Indie games, but yeah it is associated unfortunaly for TAW :p

onerb2 likes this.
  8. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The lack of information regarding the release date of the beta annoys me too.

But they won't release a demo of the game. I know that the fans want it, but having a game lacking in the content they desire and also possibly glitchy will have a bad impact in the sales and Chucklefish knows that, as Tiy has stated a similar point of view many times. I think there's not a remote chance we'll get the game on tier 1 or 2. I hope I'm wrong.

Also, we pre-ordered the game knowing we'd get it in 2013. It's still 2013, I don't see why people are bitching about it so much :(
    I'm also excited and anxious for Starbound like everyone else, but they aren't backing down on their word. At least not yet.

Sorry to sound like an ass, but people begging for an early release and actually raging about it is starting to get really annoying. Learn to wait, people :lod:

onerb2 and obloquy like this.
  9. spyfuttonbutton

spyfuttonbutton Subatomic Cosmonaut

Amen. :p

onerb2 and Solomon Darling like this.
  10. ToastyGod

ToastyGod Big Damn Hero

October 13 for beta! wooo

11. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't toy with me, man! :lod:

ToastyGod and onerb2 like this.
  12. Mithan

Mithan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A beta release this year is essentially a "full release" for me. Ya I expect bugs and such, but Terraria and Minecraft were out for a LONG time before we got full releases.

Besides, I LIKE the game being released incomplete. It gives you a lot of new content and exciting additions that are constantly being added every week or two.

The only thing I dislike is when updates come out that force you to restart everything or major bugs.

Either way, we will get it when we get it. Each day brings us closer. Terraria 1.2, GTA5 and soon Battlefield 4 will keep me tied over until this baby releases.

onerb2 and keyless15 like this.
  13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Not directed specifically at you Mithan but more in general. Something I've noticed.

"(Insert blank) will keep me busy" or "Go do (X, Y, Z thing) instead of waiting."

The strange thing is people use this as an reason not to care when release is but why should it be? We all play other games and do other things anyway. That doesn't mean we should stop caring about release date on one we preordered. Some people do care what happens regarding something they spent money on. Regardless of how many other games are available or things to do.

That said Terraria 1.2 looks fun. Still going to be keeping an eye on this one though. More so with all the push backed dates.

Edit: Also, Oct13? Proof?

14. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Nope. Citation needed.

onerb2 likes this.
  15. Et tu Brute contra me.
    Damn you Lobo!

October 13th? I can only dream.

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Et tu what now?

17. Wikipedia
    I feel like I'm being hemmed by those lobatars!
    /offtop

18. spyfuttonbutton

spyfuttonbutton Subatomic Cosmonaut

LOL

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  19. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

I've played a lot of Pokemon in my time. Also I'm lucky.
    I've found a Shiny Meowth, Hootoot and Pawniard. As well as Red Gyarados, but I didn't include that because nearly everyone has it.

20. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, see.
    What I was saying was. He had crossed out 2013, which implies it wont be out this year. The full release that is.

Then after that he says the beta will be 'this year'. What I'm questioning here is, if 2013 is no longer a sure thing, like it once was.
    How is a beta this year, even a sure thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.