1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyfuttonbutton

spyfuttonbutton Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty sure we all need either X and Y, New Terraria update, or Wind Waker HD to occupy us!

ImmortalFrog and Joffez like this.
  2. Shurhaian

Shurhaian Phantasmal Quasar

You're off by about 1/3. Right now there's October, November, and December left. Counting the 3 remaining days of September, that's 95 days.

A shiny Pokemon is probably still rarer, though. On the other hand, that's something you get to keep trying for...

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  3. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So does this essentially mean it's not happening this year either?

If 2013 is no longer a sure thing.
    Is a beta this year even a sure thing?

4. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

*looks in box*
    *3 Shinies*
    imgres.jpg

onerb2 likes this.
  5. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

Your question was already answered in your own post by Tiy's statement.
    "If you preorder you'll get access to the beta this year."

While I won't mind either way if or if not beta is released as Tiy says.. it would be in their best interests to have beta out this year. There's already enough scab picking over it not being out already and no 2013 beta is exactly what would fuel the fires for some real real nasty attitudes and vitriol to be slung around.

6. That is what beta is for....

The community to give bad feed back so TiY could fix it.

7. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

You completely and utterly missed the point of my post. I wasn't talking about the purpose of beta, I was pointing out that a portion of the community would explode about said beta not being released in 2013.

8. Ah, my bad it is 3AM right now.

Yes, the community would explode. haha

onerb2 likes this.
  9. Toasty

Toasty Industrial Terraformer

I think the fact that they haven't said beta wont be out this year, means it will be out.

No idea why people seemingly enjoy speculating exactly when beta will be out, for now I'm just happy I have something to look forward to that'll possibly be out after Pokemon X and Y.

natelovesyou likes this.
  10. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

3 months is not even that much. I'm fine with waiting. The devs said countless times that the beta WILL be out this year.

Also, Molly said this in this thread:

"As for one of the most recent concerns-- whether or not full release will be in 2013 or not-- the answer is no, it won't. We've said as much in a lot of places, but the team's been sort of scattered about lately and it's been disorienting. It's my fault really for not keeping the main site completely up to date (our About page is especially bad), which is something I plan to work on today.

However, you guys will be able to play the game this year. We are releasing the beta this year."

So I guess there really ain't much to complain about. Only if they don't release the beta this year, which I'm pretty sure they will since even if we reach the last day of the year, the game is in an apparently playable state, so all they have to do is get it out there and they will be staying true to their promise.

11. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the progress that is has been done so far however. I feel the lack of any information regarding the beginning of beta starting to wear on me and i know others feel the same way. What I would suggest since it has already been said that tier one and possibly two have been pretty much completed. You should release a demo of the game not beta just a demo using the tier one possibly tier 2 as well. That by itself would be more than enough to keep people hooked without the possible loss of pre orders due to finding another game to spend there money on. Just a suggestion.

12. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

I don't have Wii U :(

What? Is that even possible? I've played pokemon for years and my only legit shiny was a lvl 3 Zigzagoon. Other than Red Gyara of course but that's a bit overrated.

13. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

when u look at roadmap most of the features are 80-90% only few are below and some of them are not so important for beta imo, only server stuff is lacking some attention and we are set:p

14. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

But, but, but... But crashes!

15. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

getting rid of them shouldnt be that hard for experienced programmer no ?

16. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

But, but, but. But time!

17. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

we w8ed long already so a bit more wont kill us :p

18. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Who, Gabe?

19. obloquy

obloquy Tentacle Wrangler

I am so glad I've been blissfully ignorant of this game until the last couple of weeks. If I had found out about this in its early stages I would have gone crazy waiting for its release. As it stands I can't fathom waiting a potential 3 months until release, in the scenario that it is released at the very tail end of December. Being the ever hopeful and optimistic new fan, I'm looking to October for beta :)

Silver86, onerb2 and ImmortalFrog like this.
  20. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

I can't see it being released in October, but I hope you're right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.