1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Stretch Goal Thoughts -- Pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 19, 2013.

?

Pets as a stretch goal?

1. Yay!

1,534 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Nay!

827 vote(s)
    35.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boese

Boese Tentacle Wrangler

I like pets, but it would be nice if they could like grow up by your side, and eventually get big enough to help you fight things, and then continue to look more visually impressive as they become more formidable. Just an idea, keep up the good work!

2. ExelicaTriggerheart

ExelicaTriggerheart Astral Cartographer

Finally someone who actually looks shit up too, I'm not the only person here who does.

3. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, Mollygos, I kind of have my heart set something that I can ride and that can ram things really hard (perhaps while I am riding it).

Something domestic would simply become a house accessory.

edit: (OH GOD THE RIDING/RAM THING WAS NOT SEXUAL)

4. Omega-9124

Omega-9124 Industrial Terraformer

I completely agree, pets would make an excellent addition to this already amazing game.

5. Godzilla03

Godzilla03 Industrial Terraformer

it has to be done. It has to. :pwease:

6. fraxyl

fraxyl Master Chief

People are thinking small! Domestication could be a massive addition depending on the role they play, if they were merely a cosmetic follow-you-around kind of thing, then perhaps $1m is a far fetch stretch goal. But think bigger! Pet growth, pet breeding, pet battles? Some sort of pocket monster type attribute system?! Pet autonomy would be pretty cool.

Even if not for first release, it would be nice if added in future content.

Dalrint likes this.
  7. DrLeonSisk

DrLeonSisk Subatomic Cosmonaut

Agreed, it needs to be spread, and he NEEDS to post it in the suggestions part of the forums. Too good to pass up.

8. Sabre

Sabre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am disappointed that more than half the people on this forum thinks it's perfectly okay to waste a stretch goal on something completely useless.

wubwoo, xtkbilly and Bop-it_Bill like this.
  9. Kyber

Kyber Phantasmal Quasar

The procedural generation will make this game interesting, but with the options you get for your homeworld (terraforming, weather, etc.) even the devs must agree that not everything can be random. I agree with the idea of a geneticist NPC in station that breaks captured animals DNA down into cataloged strands which you can use to modify/create animals with. It would promote exploration (finding more DNA), create a different role (Professor Dink the Wayward Splicer), give the collectors something else to chew on, and open the doors for designed populating of homeworld, or tailored combat pets. Personally, if I could be a space geneticist, I'd quit minecraft.

Azkhandur likes this.
  10. Chronodemon

Chronodemon Space Hobo

More than half the people? *cough*

11. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

/facepalm

you do realize DLC stands for DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT right?

it doesn't stand for "oh we're charging you for extra content all the time"

the facts are that since they're talking STRETCH goals that means the game is funded and the rest can go into EXTRA stuff.

so FREE DLC would be a given since it's already payed for by the stretch goal money.

and how is this game not the kind of game that would have DLC? you do realize Terraria gets DLC right?

12. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

... I never said Combat pet's weren't in the game, just that I would prefer my starter pet to be able to fight.

13. DrLeonSisk

DrLeonSisk Subatomic Cosmonaut

What do you think about this?

Zeon and melodyburst like this.
  14. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Because game features should solve world hunger?

Sheez likes this.
  15. melodyburst

melodyburst Big Damn Hero

If Starbound get's $1,000,000, Tiy will let me have a fluffy chicken!

16. Sabre

Sabre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

64% of the vote is more than half, yes.

Garneac likes this.
  17. Chronodemon

Chronodemon Space Hobo

Wait DLCs have to be downloaded, I don't think updates in Terraria do.

Sabre, that's not half the forums....

18. Joker

Joker Starship Captain

I don't like pets. I'd prefer drop pod and orbital strike.

19. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

What does Terraria have to do with anything?

I'm all for the pets, though I can see why people wouldn't like them.

20. xtkbilly

xtkbilly Orbital Explorer

No, but should $250,000 be dedicated to making players start with a pet, instead of letting them find them normally?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.