Genetics, (monsters) reproduction and pets

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Vaux, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Vaux

Vaux Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all, first I'm sorry for my english, it's not my native language, now my idea in 3 phases:

1/ Genetics:
    In starbound you can encounter a lot of variety of monsters, so my idea is simple: why not allow the player to create her monsters?
    How? When you capture an monster (or take directly an dna's monsters) you can combine his specificities with an another monster (ex: if you have an pony and a glow mushroom-monster you can make a glow pony or a mushroom-monster with tails or anything else). We could imagine you need to build a genetic laboratory and a geneticist NPC for make this experimentation.

2/ Reproduction
    Second part of the idea is to allow monsters to reproduce for two objectives:
    -create new types of monster like in 1/
    -duplicate monsters for transform her in food, materials or utilities (ex: like human who made electricity in matrix)
    For that we could make a farm, recruit farmer NPC and put monsters in cage for do they have to do (or funny event if you put an T-rex and a kiwi in the same cage, the t-rex eat the kiwi)

3/ Pets
    And finally we can train this monsters for have pets for fight (ex an octopus cerberus who spit fire), mounts (ex: dragon spit rainbow and fart black hole) or just vanity pets.

So that's my idea, I hope you like it and sorry again for my english^^

You can also read my other suggestions:
    -Mythological Worlds: for add world based on mythology
    -[event quest] Pandora's Box: A quest based on Pandora's box and 7 sins

2. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

lol is PNJ an NPC in your language? :laugh:

Great ideas though, I has all of these ideas too. I would love to create my own monsters, maybe even a DESERT penguin? :D

Farms sound cool too, never thought of that. :notworthy:

Pets are already in the game, and fighting, and mounts, and probably ''vanity'' pets. :cool:

Well, good suggestion. I will probably put some of these on my wishlist. :up:

FiAhsh!

3. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds good, but reminds me of something similar: The DNA-Mixer Thread
    Maybe this is something you meant.

Also, welcome to the Starbound Forums! :D

Edit: Oh, the DNA-Mixer thread only lets you mix the monsters DNA with yourself, so your idea is kinda different, sorry!

4. Vaux

Vaux Void-Bound Voyager

D'oh! (and I wrote "adn" instead of "dna" too^^)

And d'oh! again^^

I miss this topic, but yes it's kinda different (and requiered player have skills) but that look cool !

And thanks for the welcome ! :)

Madmarlon likes this.
  5. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

I noticed that. lol