1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Floran reproduction. It's official.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Breather, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]
    This was a little image created by fetalstar a while back when the fans weren't sure how the new Plant race reproduced.

Unofficial Sprite:
    [​IMG]
    By yours truly :P

A little while later, a thread was put up by the user Ariexe about "how should florans mate?" with a poll. The top vote is clearly butt rubbing.

And now... 2 1/2 months later.

It's official.

[​IMG]

Wtf.

2. Kish

Kish Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haha I love it.

Squiddy, OneOnlyDan, Gredd18 and 3 others like this.
  3. Malvolio Portius

Malvolio Portius Pangalactic Porcupine

And pass the eye bleach please...

I have only one question for this now. WHY? I mean really? Should they NOT do that in public?

Squiddy and 13SithDeceiver13 like this.
  4. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

they are savages, what do you expect them to do in public? :rolleyes:

Bierbart, Squiddy, LastDay and 2 others like this.
  5. Miyuki

Miyuki Sandwich Man

Only goes to show that Florans aren't exactly concerned by petty social expectations, norms or privacy. If you've ever had pollen allergy issues, you're essentially allergic to plant jizz, but I don't see anyone berating flowers and trees for their public expression of reproductive practices... In any other context, had it been humans doing it in a techno rave, there wouldn't be too many raised eyebrows, but as soon as um.. the act of pollination is added to the equation, everyone loses their minds. Meh, narrow-minded meatbags! Go figure!

Edit:
    Oh my, I would rather consider myself as an... open-minded individual who isn't stuck with artificial social norms, and unlike your prejudiced and biased comment would have us believe, we're... how shall I put it.. creative in our ways. Then again, I am an outcast of our kind for exactly those reasons.

dspiels, TurqN, 321retnuh and 9 others like this.
  6. Malvolio Portius

Eat people maybe? I don't know I think I expected too much from them for a moment. Now that the moment has passed I am not shocked anymore.

7. Hat

Hat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is what they do when Seymour isn't looking.

SEYMOUR.gif

Squiddy, Heartstrings, Jebi and 3 others like this.
  8. NFossil

NFossil Phantasmal Quasar

They have flowers on their head. Shouldn't they be rubbing those?

9. Miyuki

Miyuki Sandwich Man

Oh no... you've got it all wrong; we eat corpses, meat that is, like all good omnivores do, you see. Uhh, I wouldn't go as far as guaranteeing that all the corpses we acquire would have deceased of non-Floran, non-plasma-bolt-through-vital-organs sort of reasons, but I hope you get the point. It would be a waste to just bury or... burn perfectly good nutritious organic matter.

Tarod, Zet0r, Monitor344 and 2 others like this.
  10. PureWillkuer

PureWillkuer Starship Captain

Thats great :rofl:

11. Malvolio Portius

Never said they couldn't eat a corpse in public... wait this a trap to get me lower my guard. Not going to happen Floran, my vital organs will remain where they are.

Squiddy and Monitor344 like this.
  12. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

Has anyone described this as "butt sex" yet? :mwahaha:

Squiddy, DeadlyLuvdisc and Arcstone like this.
  13. Hat

Hat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SURPRISE!

14. aljam

aljam Cosmic Narwhal

T-too lewd!

15. Miyuki

Miyuki Sandwich Man

That's fine, the poison I slipped into your drink while you were too busy quoting... wait a second, this is not my vial of poison, but of Hylotl mating pheromones. You may blame me if a horny Hylotl or a dozen finds you unusually attractive for a few days.
    *slips off mumbling something about Hylotl and sushi*

Ignify, Squiddy and Monitor344 like this.
  16. Epicroyal

Epicroyal Cosmic Narwhal

Please receive your confidential set of metal underwear to protect yourself from Florans. Thank you, from the Universal Underwear Division of Sheep.

17. Malvolio Portius

You did WHAT to my wine?
    Well then, off to vomit and get a detox or stomach pump.

Squiddy likes this.
  18. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

So we can all confirm that salad butts are the best butts, yes?

Why would you do that? :<

19. Miyuki

Miyuki Sandwich Man

Technically yes, but in actuality, that would be futile as they no longer serve the reproductive functions they once used to. Those functions have moved into an internal organ analogue. Little is known about when or why that happened, but I'd suspect there to have been evolutionary pressures from having far too many top-level predatory Florans being born due to exposed organs and rapid reproductive cycles. Hey... that might explain our cannibalistic tendencies: to limit population growth!

Anyhow, think of the "flowers" as the plumes of a peacock, or perhaps... more like naturally curly hair versus straight hair and all the different hair and fur colors. As you can see, the petals come in various arrangements and colors and they merely represent our lineage in so far as hereditary external features go for a creature of any species. Then again, I am an assassin and a space-plane pilot, not a biologist, so perhaps you could ask Rho.

20. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Unofficial Sprite:
    [​IMG]

Ignify, jmlop0, Squiddy and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.