1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything on ship got removed?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by rustin14, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustin14

rustin14 Space Hobo

why was everything on my ship deleted. they didn't say anything about a wipe. and even after, nobody is talking about it. why did everything get deleted?

2. The Beta Disclaimer warned to expect wipes; this one was a bit odd because it was everything but characters. It's in the patch notes now.

Nothing is safe until Beta has closed. I'm sorry :/

Serenity likes this.
  3. rustin14

rustin14 Space Hobo

if i just copy all my save files and move them somewhere else, is that enough to avoid a wipe?

4. Gulbrandr

Gulbrandr Zero Gravity Genie

If having things wiped bothers you don't play until release(Or at the very earliest Phase 3 of the Beta).

5. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

There is no avoiding wipes. They don't just wipe for fun, they change the way the game works and the old stuff just isn't compatible anymore. Trying to save it could just cause problems with your game.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. I'm not sure -- you'll run the risk of corrupted files though if you do that.

7. Meanbeans

Meanbeans Star Wrangler

What do you mean "no one is talking about it"? Lol, the forums are FULL of people talking about it.

8. Not really sure why this bugs people... they should all know it's coming... I mean the launcher has a disclaimer on it stating this is a very real possibility.

9. fatherjimbo

fatherjimbo Void-Bound Voyager

I'd use a different word than "talking". Bitching, complaining, whining, moaning, etc. :)

10. DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd use a different word, it's called "typing"

snowshadow2867 likes this.
  11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

12. Sledra

Sledra Slotherator 2.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.