OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

source plz

2. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

2014-05-15 13_44_06-GravityFlux - Chat.png

3. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Hmm. I think I'm set on my character plan. So, question. Does a sword-and-shield combination, preferably a blade whose scabbard serves as a shield on its own, count as one weapon or two weapons in terms of primary/secondary slots used? Also, by 'you cannot use one type of magic while the other is active', I would assume it only affects magic with 'lingering' effects such as buffs/debuffs and the like?

4. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I think he is talking about light and dark magic. For example, you can't use flashbang and invisibility at the same time, BC one would be dark and one light. You can use one after the other, but not at the same time. It would be like pouring water on wood while you are trying to light it.

Ikbenbeter likes this.
  5. Ikbenbeter

I would say that counts as one weapon. Crits answered your magic question perfectly.

6. Stu and Improved

RP IS WHEN

7. Ikbenbeter

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  8. ZilverZap

ZilverZap Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright i'm thinking of making a monk healer,controller character.I'll have to do my app next week though since my exams have just started.

9. critsarecool

Finally, have enough time to write this thing! The background needs a bit of fleshing out, but I can do that later

Name: Michael Jacobs

Appearance: Athletic shorts and shirt, both black with silver lining. Physique is lightweight, but can still pack a hell of a punch. White, with brown hair and green/hazel eyes. He has a grey zip up hoody that he wears all of the time.

Primary Weapon: Dual Blades of Light

upload_2014-5-19_21-22-24.png

Secondary Weapon: Chained Kunai of Light

upload_2014-5-19_21-22-43.png can be used as a throwing weapon or to hook and trip up enemies, but mainly used to aid in climbing as essentially a grappling hook.

Role: Uses magic for support, as in aiding in his comrades abilities, and can take out enemies without them knowing that he was even there. Also can use magic to aid himself in in one shotting enemies.

Personality Plan: Blends in with the background. He doesn’t make himself stand out, and if you ask anyone if you have seen him, they’ll just look at you with a puzzled look on their face. His inner personality is a rambunctious, energetic man, but he normally doesn’t show it very much unless he trusts you. Hates it when people argue with/around him. (will explain in background. TIP: Read it if you want to have any idea of what my character is like.)

Background: Michael was never really noticed by his parents as a child. They were always too busy fighting to notice him, and he got used to being alone. In school, he was always the loner, who would hang out on the climbing structure while the other kids were having fun elsewhere. He was constantly bullied, and had to keep finding new ways to stay out of their way. In middle school, he found out that he was very good at climbing. Whenever someone would come after him, he would climb up something. It started out with just trees, then light poles, until by the end of high school, he was climbing up the sides of buildings. He began taking martial arts lessons near the end of high school for protection, and joined an urban gym, where he further honed his parkour abilities. He had gotten very good by the time the storms and demons came to the west coast. He was climbing up the side of a tower one stormy night, when he came upon one of the shadows that was causing the storm. He took out the knife that he carried for self-defense, and attacked it. Since the shadow was a weak one, almost a baby in the demon world, it was an easy fight, and Michael wasn’t injured to badly, just scorched a bit. He realized at that point what the demons really were. He used to think that it was all just a load of BS, until he had to fight one. He enrolled into the Demon Hunters Initiative, and saved up his money to buy his weapons. He chose them because they were the ones he had trained with before. He was posted in New York after he had distinguished himself in several cities as a team player. He was prepared, or at least, the Initiative thought he was.

Magic:

Critical Vision: (Dark) Lets Michael see where the weak points are on his enemy, see invisible enemies, and helps when climbing. (think assassins creed eagle vision) Takes up very little flux, and can be used for long periods of time without hitting the reserve to hard.

Arial Offensive: (Light) Michael shoots into the sky, then 3 versions of him fly down and attack the enemy. 2 of them are duplicates, only one is the real Michael, and will land the blow. (If it hits) Takes a large chunk out of light flux reserves.

Speed of Night: (Dark) Doubles all of the groups speed, and makes their attacks three times as fast. Also cloaks affected in darkness, making it a bit harder for the enemy to hit them. Takes up a lot of dark flux over a period of time, but for short bursts, doesn’t take up to much.

Flashbomb: (Light) Throwable, and is used to blind enemies, and acts like the sunlight, weakening the enemy to the extent that normal sunlight does. Activated when Michael wants it to, so he can pick it up and rethrow it if he hasn’t blown it up yet. Very useful for overcast days and night time. Takes about a tenth of a full light flux reserve on full power, and on low power, can be used often, but lasts much shorter, like just a few seconds.

(question, do the weapons of light have holsters, or do they appear in you hands when you need them?)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  10. Ikbenbeter

Good use of the background (although a bit more detail can go a long way, I won't require it of you). I am not a big fan of the 'is not really noticed and not noticeable' bunch but I'll accept it. The only thing I miss is a title for your role.
    edit: Also yes they are holstered.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  11. critsarecool

ok. Will fix sometime, busy with finals.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  12. critsarecool

ok, when are we gonna start this?

13. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

I wonder if a light spell could be fueled by dark flux, or vice verse

14. critsarecool

What do you think?

15. Ikbenbeter

No.

16. What about a Leeching Spell? Using Light Flux you suck away something's dark flux, and Vice verse?

17. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Just wondering since someone who was accepted had a light spell that seems to use dark flux

18. Ikbenbeter

That would be no problem and kinda make sense
    What flux a spell uses is down to the writer.

19. Stu and Improved

Any day now, Icky.

20. Ikbenbeter

Not as long as last time, but I'm kinda busy atm so I might add more later.

Name:
    Aaren Steel

Appearance:

[​IMG]

Primary Weapon:
    Glaive

[​IMG]
    A weapon with a large reach, made to slash

Secondary Weapon:
    Semi-automatic Grenade launcher (6 rounds)

[​IMG]
    Useful for loading with both Spark Bombs and Dark Magnets. Comes with 6 explosive rounds that have been enhanced with Light Flux for additional damage.

Role:
    Battlefield Manipulator: Raises cover and redirects projectiles.

Personality Plan:
    An extrovert person who relies mostly on his instinct which has served him well throughout the years, but he has trouble getting too close to people. He takes losses well and sees the bright side of everything and everyone, often encouraging others. However, he has faced many defeats and losses and can be bitter to people that have it easy or take their easy life for granted.

Background:
    Born and raised in New York City, Aaren was always part of the popular crowd and found it easy to make new friends. From early age, he wanted to become an architect. However, despite his parents having plenty of money and Aaren having the creativity to combine both utility and beauty, he lacked the mathematical and memorizing skills to get a proper degree. When he finally finished college, he got a job as a designer for a small scale furniture company, trying to use that to get job experience. However, both his parents got into a car accident. When the will was discovered, all money was left to their company (it was assumed this was not the true will but a fake, but no proof was found.)

Aaren and his sister had it difficult now that they couldn't rely on their parent's money anymore, and they worked hard. While the two hadn't been close while their parents were alive, they now became a lot closer and shared everything as they had to move into the same apartment together, both taking a second job. Aaren's sister got into a depression, while Aaren lost the urge to do anything except work, sport and sleep. However, Aaren got promoted and started making enough money and the two overcame the hard times.

When the Demons surfaced, a recession hit and Aaren's company went bankrupt. Aaren was in an excellent physical condition though, and got into the Demon Hunters easily.

Magic:
    Dark Magnet (dark): All demons, shadows and dark magic projectiles get sucked towards a single point. Doesn't work on heavy demons, including golems. Can be moved by the user.
    Guidance (dark): Can be cast on a single large projectile or a group of smaller projectiles, before or after they're fired. The projectile will bend towards that point, although sharp turns cannot be made unless the target is going at a slow speed. Larger projectiles or larger groups take more Flux to move.
    Light Screen (light): Creates a circular shield of about 1.5m (5ft) radius that blocks everything except light magic. Slightly transparent. The shield can take some punishment before fading, but is not sharp. Creating it inside something destroys the part of the shield that is inside that. The shield can be moved.
    Spark Bomb (light): Summons a bomb that releases a large amount of Light Flux sparks in a small area but takes a while to detonate. Can be picked up and flung.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014