OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

edit: The RP thread is now up, read the rules again before you post. There's still space for other characters, but people that don't apply within a week won't be part of the original team. ( @m0k0n4 )
    Yeah it's fine.

Hold on to your pants as I create the rp thread.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I still need to fix mine, can post soon.

3. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

trolldier_by_capinplanet-d4ym6dc.png
    Prepped and ready.

4. critsarecool

Lets just say that Michael was on over watch BC of his abilities, so is able to see the whole area that the team is watching. Also, can someone use a light spell if someone else is casting a dark spell on him? Like, can your character use a light spell while Michael is casting critical vision/speed of night on him?

5. Ikbenbeter

Light and dark restriction only counts for effects by the caster, so a demon/hunter won't handicap someone by casting a spell on them.

6. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Name: Marlene Merrill

Appearance: Marlene stands at about 5’7’’, with a fairly average body build for a girl of her stature. She has naturally light skin relatively untouched by sunlight, azure-blue eyes and slightly wavy waist-length blonde hair she ties into a simple ponytail only during work. All in all, she is a normal (though decently attractive) young woman. Her usual, casual attire usually consists of a somewhat loose long-sleeved blouse and an ankle-length skirt, usually plain in decoration and colored in the hues of her favorite color, blue.

Primary Weapon: [Arms] An orthodox-looking, double-edged European-style straight sword, possessing a two-handed grip, a standard cruciform hilt and a rounded pommel. The metal blade is about 70cm long, featuring a single central ‘fuller’ extending from the hilt of the blade up to roughly two-thirds of the blade length. The scabbard in which the sword is sheathed into also serves as a standard ‘kite’ shield, capable of being fastened firmly onto the forearm. Both are plain and unadorned.

Secondary Weapon: [Guns] A relatively large-caliber Gun of Light, modeled after the famous .50 gas-operated handgun, the Desert Eagle. Compared to most other handgun-type Guns of Light, it boasts superior stopping power in exchange for increased size, weight, Flux cost and recoil.

Role: Vanguard – fights up front, deals with groups, and heals.
    ((Though the class concept would be especially similar with the ‘Paladin’ class of multiple videogames and tabletop RPGs, Marlene doesn’t like the implications of the word))

Personality Plan:

Marlene generally comes off as calm and collected, acting polite and reserved toward nearly everyone she meets, and capable of performing normally in situations where many others would panic. She rarely speaks up unless she needs to, occasionally making her seem like ‘the cool, silent type of person’.
    In truth, she is somewhat of an introvert, never feeling very comfortable with speaking up around strangers, and even more so when she becomes the center of attention. Because of that, she tends to restrain her myriad opinions and feelings when dealing with anyone, save for the select few that has gained enough of her trust to enter her ‘inner circle’.

She also has an unexplainable urge to help people in need to the best of her abilities and authority, something her best friend has playfully dubbed ‘the beginning symptoms of Chronic Hero Syndrome’. Even if this subconscious drive doesn’t make her seem like a doormat at times, it still more often than not attracts unwanted attention to her, much to her chagrin. Fortunately, she can keep a lid on it most of the time.

She occasionally indulges in a bit of alcohol in her off hours. While she restrains herself enough that she never gets very drunk, she does become noticeably less restrained in social interactions while mildly intoxicated; to those not in her ‘inner circle’, talking to her while she’s drinking might be one of the few ways those people can hear her thoughts loud and clear.
    On another note, she has a fondness for spicy food, often bringing her own condiments and/or lunches to ‘give the bland food they serve in these parts an actual kick’. People who ask for, or forcibly take, the stuff she eats should take care, as there are people who have done so and regretted doing so.

Background:

Born and raised in northern England, Marlene lived a rather normal childhood. Her parents were kind, and had a liberal enough view of things that she’s relatively free to choose her path in life. She did not lead a pampered life, however; to prepare her for the coming years, her parents tempered her well from an early age.
    Though, she didn’t have as much luck in social situations, starting from her school life. She was never very comfortable around people she didn’t know very well yet, and the teasing of other children, naïve as they were, only made it worse. As a result, she became somewhat of a recluse throughout much of her school life.

That isn’t to say that she didn’t have friends – they were few, yes, but they were good friends. And among them, one person stood out, one she can undoubtedly call her best friend. She was energetic and outgoing, as well as somewhat of a tomboyish hothead. It was strange; though they did have shared interests, their personalities were so different, and yet they became fast friends. She was, very likely, the reason Marlene isn’t nearly as shy as she was back then.

That aside, Marlene lived a relatively normal life, and settled into a relatively normal job. She kept in touch with friends, occasionally bumping into them and saying hello. News of the demon attack would reach her ears by this point, and as worrying as it is, she decided to continue living as usual, doing her part in the world, albeit a bit more carefully.

But not for long.

She was simply heading back from work that afternoon, walking down the streets alongside her best friend. A storm was brewing, and they kept a brisk pace in fear of the coming downpour…
    And just a few blocks from the safety of home, an inhuman shadow descended in front of them.
    Just their luck.
    The demon wasn’t very strong, an E class at most, but it was still a formidable opponent to two barely armed, averagely-built young women. Though the two managed to fend off the demon long enough for the Demon Hunters to arrive, they did not leave unscathed. Marlene, the worse off of the two, was left with wounds light enough to not be deadly, but heavy enough that she had to be hospitalized for several days.
    And during that time she had to rest within the white walls of the medical institute, Marlene made a decision – that if such a thing were to happen again, she would have to be far, far more prepared than now.

The decision to become part of the Demon Hunters.

The road was rather rocky, to be sure, but her above-average physical and mental fitness, learning aptitude, and - above all - determination, all served to pull her through, becoming a full-fledged recruit of the Demon Hunter Initiative some time before her transfer to NYC.
    She has little experience in the actual field yet, though, but that will change.

Magic:
    Recover [Light, Single-Target, Support, Vision Range, Semi-Instant]: Recovers stamina, removes fatigue and heals wounds. Flux cost increases proportional to the amount of recovery, and there is a limit on how much can be recovered or healed in one ‘cast’.

Bless Weapon [Light, Single-Target, Support, Touch Range, Lingering]: Temporarily supercharges an object with Light Flux, increasing the power and range of Weapons of Light and allowing mundane objects to be used as weapons against Demons as well. Flux cost ranges from ‘moderate’ to ‘spend everything in one shot’, depending on the power of the enchantment given. Stronger enchantments tend to be less stable, however.

Force [Dark, Quasi-projectile, Offense/Support, Close Range, Instant]: Sends a concussive shockwave of Flux in one (or more) directions. The shockwave has little to no damaging properties, but it repels projectiles and/or debris, staggers Demons and/or redirects their strikes, and can be used for other applications. Flux cost for a small ‘burst’ of energy in one direction is relatively small, but a ‘cone’ or a ‘bubble’-like shockwave can cost much more Flux.

Reinforcement [Dark, Single/Multi, Support, Touch/Self, Lingering]: Reinforces the physical aspects of a localized area – for example, an arm or a leg – to be better, tougher, faster, stronger. More than one area can be ‘reinforced’ at a time, but Flux upkeep increases accordingly.

Sorry, this is a bit rushed. Didn't have the time nor the knowledge to improve on stuff further.
    If there are things I need to re-fix, gimme a shout and I'll look into it.

...Though given the sheer size of this CS, I won't be very surprised if someone goes like 'this is rushed?'

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  7. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Sweet, btw I added Erick's height cause I forgot to mention it before. Also I'll get a post for the RP soon.

8. critsarecool

Ya, this is definitely not rushed in the slightest. It wasn't cliche, and she isn't OP/UP.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    Ikbenbeter likes this.
  9. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

It was 'rushed'. Well, although the primary reason I called it 'rushed' is because huge chunks of backstory and personality was effectively written over the span of two-three days after procrastinating about it for weeks.
    That said, I'm gonna wait for judgment.

10. Ikbenbeter

I am currently kinda deep in homework, and Proper Judgement will have to wait, but you can consider yourself accepted and join in on the RP thread.

11. critsarecool

I think that everyone procrastinates on the background, it's the least enjoyable to write.

Ikbenbeter and Boufman like this.
  12. Ikbenbeter

Well, it requires the most effort. It's also the part that you can't really write down in one go, you have to think about it a bit, unlike most other parts where you can just write down the first good idea you have.

13. critsarecool

um, Stu? The demon was a class b tank. You can't exactly chop it in half with one slice. Unless you are talking about a different one, then I'm mistaken.

14. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Well, stu did describe them as small and I personally don't think he class b tank was described small. He was probably talking about a random class E type demon.

15. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Considering the RP's OP involved a roll call, I'm at a loss on how to join. Just saying.

16. Ikbenbeter

Not mentioning crits' issue (I assume you mean another demon), I have two problems with this: first of all it's 3 am so there won't be a lot of civilians around, and it broke the second rule. It's also disappointingly short, you can put a lot more into your first post.
    Also, as a note to everyone, we should all be together near where Aaren is in one or two posts so we can start fighting together asap.
    you will be included in the role call as soon as i edit it. I left space for you.

17. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Okay, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  18. critsarecool

Second rule? Are you talking about forum or rules in this RP?

19. Ikbenbeter

This rp.
    Quoting is a pet peeve of mine. There should be absolutely no need for it since we're writing a story together and should keep track of who's with who, and it clogs up the thread because it's just a repeat of what was already posted.

Seajun_ and Arch-Mage Zandor like this.
  20. critsarecool

Ah, ok. I see what you mean then.