OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Screw it, I'll try again

2. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

I was writing mine up, but I lost the draft :(

3. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Lets try again, then

4. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry guys, but I'm going to rework this rp. I like the idea but right now I'm really unhappy about the way I worked it out. I'm going to change it to make it a lot more accessible (mostly changes about killing Demons, magic, Weapons of Light and the location). Sadly that does mean all current characters need to be changed, but that should only impact Stu and myself.
    I should be done with reworking by tomorrow or thursday, although my own character might lag a little(tm).

Seajun_ likes this.
  5. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Guns pls

6. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Agreed. If you aren't going to make them WoL (which is completely understandable, by the way. Not detracting from that), then at least make them have some sort of effect. It kind of seems like you're being arbitrary about the whole 'guns is bad' thing.

7. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Also, more info, please. What's your issue? How can I help?

8. Ikbenbeter

guns will be a thing, but they will be as effective as they are in, say, Devil May Cry. This is not a military rp.
    The most important change is Weapons of Light becoming mechanical and thus easily accessible. Also the rp will now take place in NYC for the same reason.

9. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Good. I always used guns in DMC.
    You make 'em weak, I still use 'em.

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  10. Ikbenbeter

Arch-Mage Zandor and Seajun_ like this.
  11. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Aw hell yeah.
    Now I definitely will

12. I may make an app if I get my computer this century.

13. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

An app I will make, but it will take a while. Finals week is approaching, and currently I am the deer in the headlights, not the driver, so it will most likely be delayed. (I hate essays ¬_¬)

14. critsarecool

ok, I have two ideas for characters. one is a priest and the other is a parkour guy. can I have some help deciding? as in, which one sounds better? the priest does damage to large groups with his magic and weilds a Staff of Light, while the parkour guy is a support class, kinda, as in his spells are for high value targets and aiding his comrades (think wendy from fairy tail) and wields a Knife of Light (will specify once has time)
    Also, @Ikbenbeter , do we have two weapons? because you were talking about primary and secondary weapons. Are the secondary weapons just weak WoL or are they stuff to deal with real life things, like wildlife or humans that you wouldn't want to waste flux on?

15. Ikbenbeter

At least one has to be a WoL, but there are no additional limitations on the secondary weapon. You can do with it what you want, primary just means the one you fight most with.
    as for the decision: make one 1 and the other 2. Pick

16. critsarecool

ok, will work on app tomorrow. For now, sleep is imminent.

17. critsarecool

One last question: can you get a WoL from killing a Shadow?

18. Ikbenbeter

You can only get them by joining the Demon Hunters or buying one from Wings Ltd. directly.
    I removed the kill-a-demon-to-get-a-WoL thing.

19. critsarecool

Oh, ok. I think that was better than buying/joining. That just makes it so that anyone can join, really.

20. Ikbenbeter

Considering how hard demons are to kill without WoLs, it was a huge limitation. Besides, it is not really a problem that anyone can join since that also means characters don't have to be established heroes which allows for more diverse characters imo. Every Hunter receives training, as well, so skill is not a problem.