OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Okay, great, RP when?

2. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

Once the others (@Boufman @m0k0n4 @ZilverZap ) have had a fair chance to make their character or declined joining. Now please stop asking, I have not forgot about this but I'm just busy with Transistor homework.

Seajun_ likes this.
  3. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Sorry about the lack of char post, having a writers block currently but I'll get an app asap.

4. Ikbenbeter

If you need help/inspiration feel free to ask

5. Boufman

Name plz.

6. Ikbenbeter

7. Boufman

Thanks for that, btw were the wings ltd company thingy present before the demon invasion or were they formed later and if they were present before did they make the weapons of light anyways? When I mean demon invasion, I mean the one that will hit NYC. Also, how the guns work with light magic thing, does the ammunition have to be bullets of light or something? Just want a detailed explanation of how guns work against demons. Thx.

8. Ikbenbeter

Wings Ltd. and weapons of light were present before the attack on NYC. The attack on NYC is really not that big an event on the grand scale of things because demons and WoL have been around for 5 years. Wings Ltd. surfaced just after the first attacks on London.
    I don't really understand your second question on guns, but they're not special bullets. Guns of light more like scifi laser weapons and can't fire normal bullets. They can harm humans though.

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  9. Boufman

Well I was hoping to use this really cool artwork of these steampunk guns, so is it okay if my guns shoot bullet like projectiles of light instead of laser beams? Also, is it okay to carry a rifle and a pistol?

10. Ikbenbeter

That's fine. Just claim it's due to magic. I wouldn't really advice to use 2 guns, since melee weapons do a lot more damage.

11. Boufman

Good idea. Also is it okay to have a throwable knife, like the balde of the knife will be the projectile?

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  12. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

You can probably have that as a spell, where you make the blade, then throw it, and after it hits it disappears so that you can summon it again.

13. Boufman

Name: Erick Winther

Appearance: Erick stands 6'2" and wears black trousers, a white shirt and and a black vest. He's Caucasian and has a stubble along with short messy hair. He also has a scar along the left side of his face and is skinny.

Primary Weapon:
    Rifle of light

Secondary Weapon:
    'Pistol' knife
    http://api.ning.com/files/Dz3XGZp18...tWkSPxbw973xlCvCjfeeItJ4V*pQ/Pistoldagger.png
    When the trigger is pulled, the blade is filled with light magic.

Role: Basically an engineer and scout.

Personality Plan: Although he does not like socializing much with strangers because of his scar, Erick is a nice guy and likes to help people, he knew for a very long time, in their problems or even tasks. In his own free time, Erick likes to look around for anything useful. Only problem with Erick is that he can never keep a secret.

Background: As a kid, Erick used to spend most of his childhood at his fathers garage talking any spare parts he can and just keep them in a box. Erick was able to land a scholarship in an engineering college for his excellent entree in his school's science fair, and for his 'good enough' grades. After graduating from college he was able to get decent job and get his family out of poverty. When he heard about the demon invasion in London and about Wings ltd. he knew he had to help the world in some way. In the past few years he had made a name for himself in the engineering world with his signature steampunk style. After joining Wings ltd. he started preparing himself for an invasion, just in case, and made his two WoL. In his mean time he also built a couple of machines to help him in battle. He left Wings ltd. after his parents died of age and joined the Demon Hunters. During one of his battles with a demon, he was scratched by it on the face which left a huge scar that randomly glowed white, making it a bit harder for him to be stealthy.

Magic:
    Light magic:

Steady aim-- Allows Erick to completely stabilize and removes all recoil for 5 secs, takes 10 seconds to recharge.
    Torch-- Erick is able to spawn a small ball of light. The intensity of light depends on how much flux is spent into it. It also does some damage.

Dark magic:

Dark cloak--It allows him to cast a dark cloak on himself making him invisible in night. In daylight it is completely useless, apart from keeping his scar from glowing.
    Summoning--It allows him to spawn random parts of machineries, like a bolt or a motor but consumes a lot of flux.

Well.... it's done. I know it's not the best but it's as good as I can do right now.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  14. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

You know, I'm working on getting my sheet done (I've been procrastinating waaaay too much) and the only things I'm missing are the personality and background, of which I have the rough framework already laid out - though I won't know about the quality. Still, I have been helping my parents out with stuff over the holiday, which more often than not leaves me tired enough that I get too lazy to continue writing. Today's outing was especially draining.

Oh well. I should scrounge up what remains of my stamina and willpower and assemble them into some semblance of a whole before I keep you guys waiting much longer.

15. Ikbenbeter

I'm going to write the intro post. Don't worry, @m0k0n4 , you'll have a few more days.
    also considering my previous record it is going to take 5 years
    Considering the perfect personality (not being able to lie is not a personality flaw) which is not really made worse by the background (smart, social and good looking, there's 0 room for improvement here) I'm going to ask you to improve that a bit.

16. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

When he says 'improve', he does not actually mean 'improve'. He means 'make worse'. Which is to say, make him more human/less flawless.

17. Boufman

K made it a bit better, maybe, idk. Besides, never said he was good looking, just that i don't know how to describe faces, as in dented cheeks and stuff. I could try and describe it if you want to.

18. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

Hum. Okay, now I'm having a bit of a problem doing the background. Some things...
    -If a person starts out reasonably fit (no professional bodybuilder/sportsman, but reasonably fit) but with no experience in combat aside from sports and/or martial arts lessons, how long would it take to become a full-fledged Demon Hunter?
    -Is it possible for a freshly-trained Demon Hunter to be transferred between stations? Are they automatically assigned to the place they trained in, or are they generally assigned to 'low-danger' places first of all?

19. Ikbenbeter

I would say 3-9 months, depending on talent and such.
    For convenience sake: Yes.

20. Boufman

Hey Iken, is my app okay now?

Ikbenbeter likes this.