OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

I'm guessing the Demon Hunters group will accept people from most - if not all - economic and/or social standings, since it may limit character designs from becoming a Demon Hunter.

Anyway, I'm basically just sitting here until I know which 'role' to choose. Vanguard? Support? Healing? Bombardment? I find myself to be quite flexible in these matters, but I do like to 'fill in the blanks', so to say. I like it if my character can fill a different role than others, so I'd need guidance from others to do that.

Any picks? Suggestions? Otherwise, I'll wait until there's 2-3 approved characters before I decide.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Name: Luis "Schneide" Kessler

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Primary Weapon: A large executioner's axe.
    [​IMG]

Secondary Weapon: A customized GOL Sniper Magnum
    [​IMG]

Role: Finishing fights and general heavy hitter. Pulls double duty as sharpshooter.

Personality Plan: Luis is a grouch. He's not fond of the non-military people in his 'squad', as he calls it, because, in his opinion, they aren't as reliable as soldiers. He isn't willing to open up with anyone at the beginning of the RP, insisting that he as a person doesn't - or shouldn't - matter to anyone, since it's not important to the mission at hand. He's never much nicer than professional courtesy, and usually only cracks a smile at the words "Mission Accomplished".

Background: Luis was born in Blomberg, Germany, the son of a baker and a news reporter. He had a fairly standard childhood, not facing any issues such as bullying. However, when he graduated high school, he had no idea what to do with himself. Deciding to do what most of his more unguided friends had done, and despite the protests of his mother, he joined the German Special Forces. After being deployed in a couple of covert operations, all of which stayed covert (thank god), he was at a loss for what to do - again. He signed up as a guard at an under-construction experimental weapons facility. After a few weeks without anything interesting happening, he was ambushed by a Class E demon while on day duty. He was inside the guardroom on break when it attacked him. During the scuffle, he managed to kick it through the window. It didn't react well to the daylight, and while it was incapacitated, he jumped out after it and beat its head in with a rod of rebar. After this altercation, he decided that if the 'demon issue' was bad enough to infiltrate a place that secure, he had to start trying to solve it. Leaving the security force, he tried out for the Demon Hunter Initiative, and passed - barely. His refusal to trust non-military team-mates was almost his downfall, but he scraped through and was immediately deployed to America. While there, he was approached by a representative of a PMC - a private military contractor. Luis never looked back, and the PMC put him in New York, telling him he was on a PR mission more than anything. He was to intermingle with any demon hunters, and try to steer them towards the PMC to be converted to their teams instead. Of course, the attack changed all that...

Magic: Invigorate (slightly boosts strength and stamina for a short period, can affect himself or one target), Blind (A directable cone of intense light, lasts roughly 5 seconds) Dark Spells: Crush (psionic energy that compresses matter, organic or not. Effectiveness rapidly decreases depending on density and amount of target material), Nullify (cancels any effect of a target sustained spell using at most the amount of flux used to cast Nullify)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  3. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Okay, question, can I wield like an arrow with the light flux thingy or does it have to be a crossbow with bolts? Also, is turning invisible for a short amount of time too OP for beginner magic?

4. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

The only limitation for WoLs is no shotguns*. Arrows as projectiles of light is fine, you could even have a spell that summons new arrows when you run out.
    I don't see a problem with that invisibility spell.
    Yes, as long as they have the physique.
    if you really can't pick, I suggest that.

5. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

To be honest, I actually do have at least one character design in mind. Thing is, one of my personal personality quirks when it comes to RPs like this is that I would prefer not to create any 'redundant' characters, so I need to make sure there's nobody too similar to the character I chose before doing anything. Though, as most people seem to like front-line roles, that helps slim down the choices.

6. Stu and Improved

Well, my character is either front-line or reasonably-distant-from-the-front-line, so there is that. But I don't think you'll have a problem differentiating from him.

7. Ikbenbeter

Stu I'll review your app when I'm done eating.
    If you're really that worried, you can just give me the name and role and I'll add you to the applicants list.

8. Ikbenbeter

First of all, for heavens sake remove my bits between parentheses it makes everything a lot harder to read. Second, the picture is not that good; I would like to have a better knowledge of his face and hair. A description is completely fine for that btw. Finally, I miss why he is in America.
    If you can fix that, everything's fine. It's a pretty okay app.

9. Stu and Improved

Edit complete.

10. ZilverZap

ZilverZap Pangalactic Porcupine

Info is much clearer now, 1 question though,if a strong light is all that is required to kill a demon,why arent we using strong flashlights instead of WoL?

11. Ikbenbeter

Added to the list.
    It's not really efficient and can take long, especially against strong demons.
    Besides this is cooler.

Arch-Mage Zandor likes this.
  12. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Ok, I got the app done except for the background, so app will be coming some time this week. I am gonna take forever on it, I always have to make it perfect. :laugh::oops:

13. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

For some reason the picture I want isn't working properly so when I post my app it'll send you the web where the pic is instead, don't worry it'll be on the age you've been sent to. Is that okay?

Also, can I carry a bow (and arrows) and a small dagger?

14. Ikbenbeter

The image is probably being hosted on one of those sites that doesn't like it being shared. A link is fine, assuming there's nothing wrong with the site you'll be linking to :p

I have no trouble with that, bow and arrow count as one weapon, I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

15. Stu and Improved

When are we getting this train wreck out of the station?

16. Ikbenbeter

I'm waiting for at least 1 application (I want to start with at least 3) and I'm going to give Bouf, Crit and Grav a change to be in from the very beginning. I also need to write my own character and I'll be out for the weekend.
    Current ETA: next week, hopefully.

17. Stu and Improved

[​IMG]
    So, start yelling at people who don't have their crap together. Got it.

18. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

I have all but the background. I just need to sit down and write.

19. Stu and Improved

WELL THEN SIT DOWN AND WRITE
    I'LL GIVE YOU A PORTION OF MY REACTION IMAGE FOLDER IF IT'S DONE TODAY

20. Stu and Improved

Hey, Icky, Grav doesn't want to be innaRP any more.