1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Construction Squared 0.9.426

Build Stuff!

1. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Pentarctagon updated Construction Squared with a new update entry:

load/delete update

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Pentarctagon

3. Pentarctagon

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

question, if i were to go into one of the premade structures and lable the x co-ordinates as negative numbers, would that in theory reverse the direction it builds in?

5. Pentarctagon

They would get built to the left of the item you placed instead of the right. You'd also have to subtract 5 from all the x-coordinates as well, otherwise it would try and built over the placed item which would destroy it and stop the building process.

6. Ramones_fan

that's what i thought.

I'm having another problem, i have the latest java installed but i can't get the .jar to run. os is win 7, i tried the .bat, will try again and post the results if you would like. the objects work as they are supposed to if there isn't a tree branch and/or leaves intersecting where the structure is.

7. Pentarctagon

I'm also on Windows 7 and it works fine, so posting the results would be helpful.

Yes, the leaves do that. There isn't anything I can really do about them as far as I know, since apart from cutting down the tree they're attached to they are indestructible. I should probably put that under "limitations" now that I think about it.

8. Ramones_fan

here is what happens, had to make an image as pressing a key closes the window

Attached Files:

9. Pentarctagon

That is really odd. Open the bat file and replace "rm" with "del" (no quotes) and see if it says the del command isn't recognized. If it is, then it's odd that it doesn't recognize rm, but whatever. If del also isn't recognized, then there's something weird going on with your system.

edit - On a side note, why are you running the bat file as an administrator?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  10. Ramones_fan

i'm not running it as an administrator, just double clicking on it. new image

Attached Files:

11. Pentarctagon

OK, so it did recognize del. My guess then would be that when you installed Java, it didn't add itself to the PATH variable for some reason, so you'll have to do it manually:
    1) Find your Java folder, which should be in C:/Program Files/ or C:/Program Files (x86)
    2) Go to Java/jre8/bin/
    3) Right-click on the address, select "Copy address as text"
    4) Go to the start menu, right click on "Computer", and select "Properties"
    5) Click "Advanced system settings", which required admin permission
    6) A window will pop up, click the "Environment Variables" button on the bottom of it
    7) Another window will pop up, go to the "System variables" box and scroll down until you find the variable called "Path"
    8) Click it, and then click "Edit"
    9) Yet another window will pop up. Go to the "Variable value" textbox, then paste the path you copied earlier in step 3 at the very end of the line. Add a semi-colon.
    10) Click OK a bunch of times to close all the windows

The makejar.bat file probably still won't work, but the .jar should run.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  12. Pentarctagon

13. Pentarctagon

a few small fixes

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  14. Pentarctagon

15. Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

This has probably been requested already, but could we get some measurements at 4 or 5 block increments, trying to count the tiny squares to get symmetry is really hard. Also, for the button to switch from foreground to background, could you have the button's label toggle from 'foreground' to 'background'?

16. Pentarctagon

The rows/columns label already shows which cell was clicked, or did you mean something else?

Sure.

17. Gantros

I meant adding a ruler to the grid's X and Y axis so that one could keep accurate measurements as they designed their creations.

18. Pentarctagon

lots of changes!

19. Gantros

Thanks for the ruler! It'll really help out. All we need now are some shape brushes to make things like domes, spires (witch hat roof), and other basic shapes to really make building fast AND fun! You could have a special 'block' that acts as a highlighter and isn't actually something the game proper builds.

20. Pentarctagon

Any preferences for the shapes and stuff? I hadn't really thought of adding stuff like that until now.