1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

How to achieve sci-fi flight:

Step 1: Get a giant magnet.
    Step 2: Get another giant magnet.
    Step 3: Get a massive sack of blue dust.
    Step 4: Attach one of the magnets on the bottom of your craft.
    Step 5: Hang the second magnet from your craft by a rope.
    Your contraption will explode, the blue dust will be released, and you will be propelled towards the atmosphere by the shockwave. The blue dust will make it seem like it's a particle rocket thing!
    BONUS: If you are an Avali, use your wings to glide down safely without a parachute for bonus points.

Fevix likes this.
  2. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

It isn't messed up... believe it or not using magnetic field (a very strong one) can create artificial gravity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_gravity

read down to magnetism in the methods for generating artificial gravity. We all already know it's possible to create an anti-gravity field with magnets, it's how maglev trains work.

3. GuardianofHarmony

GuardianofHarmony Big Damn Hero

Well all this talk is good and all but I forgot to add one more thing.... How do I get rid of the light fixings on my ship? Can't seem break them as they are quite... in the way.

4. Mattyrogue

Mattyrogue Starship Captain

[​IMG]

But in all seriousness, the logistics required to make a maglev train work is something absurd, let alone any kind of feasible 'anti gravity fields', whereas we could have advanced RC copter drones for not even a fraction of the price.

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes but how is that going to be any use for a planet-side drone exploring a new world? :p - you'd have to create a magnetic field that encompasses the entire planet just to launch it.

A maglev train is not "anti gravity", the rail and the train's magnets provide opposing force equal too or exceeding the force of gravity. The train cannot float anywhere but where the rail goes. Maglev would only work for a drone or spaceship if you could create a magnetic field SO big, that it is stronger or equal to the planet's gravitional field; which is pretty unfeasible (The amount fo energy required would be insane, nevermind it'd wipe any magnetic media on the planet and generate dangerous electrical currents in any kind've moving circuitry). Though, it'd a fun concept to play with having a planetary "artifical mag field" that can be used to pin objects to apparently thin air or launch massive ships from the surface.

Fixed in next patch

Calabrese likes this.
  6. Akula

Akula Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, just so you know, when you jump with combat armour, your boots disappear. Mild bug, just figured I'd let you know.

7. Requiemfang

Indeed... also thanks for awakening my inner science nerd (and science fiction fanatic) :rolleyes: once I get talking about science stuff it's hard to shut me up :DD but regardless.

Tis known already ;) it's a minor issue and it's not at the top of the priorities list.

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You're the 6th person to report that this week it was fixed within 12 hours of the last patch going live. It will roll out with the next update ¬_¬

/bites

Calabrese likes this.
  9. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

you may have to repeat that about 12 more times you know.

10. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

The woes of development. Either you ignore the repeated reports, repeat a dozen times "that's a known and fixed bug", or put up a growing list of known bugs for all to see, and some will re-report them anyway.

11. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

This wouldn't be an issue if Ryuu could throw out a new minor bugfix patch every few days without people complaining that the mod updates too frequently. :(
    Maybe there's a middle ground somewhere between bugfix patches every other day and major development patches every other week? I don't know, seems like an awful lot of hassle.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I did want to do that. But I continued to get bug reports PLUS complaints from severa admins who were refusing to update the mod THAT frequently which meant their users had the bugs anyway, plus I was pissing them off.

Calabrese likes this.
  13. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

In the end, you can never please both God and the Devil.

14. Requiemfang

Can't please everyone... that's a flaw in the people themselves and no one else fault. If they get pissed off it's because they are too pigheaded to realize that the mistake might be on their part and not someone else then I say they can go screw themselves and deal it the issue themselves until they get frustrated with it and listen to reason.

Some people are so stubborn that they expect others to do stuff for them or of their own initiative... which is quite well impossible in this world (we live in an imperfect world after all), or they won't ask for help.

15. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

On a side note...page 234 anybody? :p

16. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

Thx

17. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

It was 168 when I learned about this mod!

18. Dolphinowl245

yeah mine was like 109

19. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

My very first post on this thread was page 12.

20. Dolphinowl245

:eek::saywhat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.