1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianofHarmony

GuardianofHarmony Big Damn Hero

Also, tried re-installing, didn't work, there any way to fix this without deleting my character? And I WAS using the GEAR mod by Greenka but I deleted it... it could be that since my character had tech from that mod and it disappeared after I uninstalled it.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Normally deleting a mod that has tech while you have the said tech equipped results in the character vanishing from the player list entirely O,o

No what this sounds like is more like the Merchant npc configuration file is being overwritten. *checks the mods you listed off*

3. GuardianofHarmony

I'd say Lyetsi's armory..... but I've already made their base. Oh well, I'll unistall that and see if its the cause.

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yeah, confirmed - Lytzei's mod overwrites merchant.config. So any other mods that have merchants will cease working. I'll go poke them and add them to THE LIST

5. GuardianofHarmony

Thanks for the help mate, and while I'm at it, have any concepts on Avali vehicles?

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Nothing on paper - I have enough workload without drawing up concept art for stuff that won't be in the game for a long time if ever ;).

Looking in Lytzei's mod discussion they are aware that their merchant config file doesn't work with other mods. But rather than trying to fix it their advice was to 'Delete the Avali mod' so... yeah. They're going on my little black list of mods that don't work with the Avali race mod :p

7. GuardianofHarmony

That's awfully..... douchey of them.

8. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

Oooooooh the black list. How long is that list btw?

9. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Stab them! STAB THEM IN THEIR KIDNEYS!

Calabrese likes this.
  10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Two entries :p - The other being Vocaloids. I'm jsut being dramatic there's no blacklist. if you look on the overview page there's a compatibility list of mods with notes.

At least let's give them a chance to take my advice and re-use my coding to fix the problem the easy way, before you fix them the hard way ;)

11. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

No! Not the list! ANYTHING but the list! :eek:

12. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Oh yeah, on the subject of the battle drones, maybe you could combine the scout idea and the second idea, and make a drone kinda like a mini-titan out of Titanfall.

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

That is something I considered and would like; but people'd call it out for being the same as titanfall :p - though the idea of mecha that can operate independantly of it's user is nothing new; the Asura in GW2 have golem mecha that can be pilotted from inside, or operate autonomously as a robot and the Avali neural uplink makes them perfect candidates for such a system since they'd have a wireless interface to their mech (Whether they are inside or outside the mech is irrelevant, they could control it either way, being inside just gives them a place to hide from enemy fire :p)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  14. Deathedge736

while thats not a bad idea someone may cry foul.

edit: that could work ryuu

15. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Out of curiosity, how to avali drones keep aloft (assuming they fly)? As far as I know you've been avoiding stuff like antigravity, so is it some sort of rotor system, or...? Would an aerodrone built for Avalon conditions even be able to fly on other sorts of environment? How much work would it take to retrofit the design so it could?

16. Deathedge736

I'm thinking minithrusters similar to the ones on their ships

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Propellers

...Someone before commented that "propellers seem low tech for such an advanced species"; but the honest answer there is that some things work well for a reason. For example we still use wheels, pulleys and levers in the 21st century even though the technology is older than dirt. When it comes to staying aloft in an atmosphere, the simplest way is to push a wing through the air so that it generates downward force. Propellers are just that; a tiny wing being spun in a circle. Ever noticed that modern day drones in real life; even military combat drones, also use propellers?

When making a vehicle you need consider the bulk of the drive Vs the size of the vehicle.A jet engine, by it's nature has to be relatively big in order to draw in and compress a useful amount of air; the bigger the engine the more it can compress and the stronger the thrust. But for something the size of a drone, if you tried use jet engines the vehicle would be like 90% engine by mass. "Yo dawg! We herd you like engines, so we made and engine to fly your engine so you can..." you get the point. Plasma engines and stuff are cute and all, but rather far fetched; in most working plasma and ion engines are ONLY suitable for space flight, not in atmospheres and in the absence of a 'mass effect' analogue in the Avali lore anti-grav is just silly. Avali motors and batteries are likely stronger, lighter and more efficient than current day versions, which means propellers are perfect; they're lightweight, cheap, easy to maintain, practical and relatively safe.

Propellers might not generate as much force as say, a jet engine; but they don't need to - the motors just have to generate enough lift to hold up a gun, some avionics, a battery and a camera - which probably weighs even less than you think since a significant portion of that is going to be made of something akin to CNRP

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Calabrese likes this.
  18. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

If you think about it for a moment you could achieve anti-gravity by manipulating a magnetic field, or if you wanted create a gravity field. But you'd need a very large and powerful generator to create a magnetic field that would allow such a thing. Prefect example of this would be from a sci-fi series Babylon 5's Minbari who use such things for gravity on their ships instead of having to use rotating sections to mimic a gravity field. Be that as it may creating a magnetic field large enough to manipulate to make anti-gravity or a gravity is plausible in real life. Heck you could create an artificial magnetic shield for a planet like Mars to shield it from solar radiation and thus allow for a thick enough atmosphere to form, it would be one way to terraform the planet into a livable environment.

Right... enough science talk and my rambling... as interesting as it is... I'm detracting away from the topic of the thread :p

19. Deathedge736

edit: to Ryuu: that makes more sense to me than my own Idea :rofl:.

your right about modern drones. the more I think about it we are always looking for strong lightwieght mats for all sorts of things. It would also mean less work for a motor and therefore saving fuel.

to Req: the topic of this thread is the avali. you are still relativly on topic.

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

...that's... not how gravity works, at all.

I don't even know where to begin explaining how messed up that is xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.