1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated TARDIS Warp 1.2

Retextures Beam up/down + inspection button

1. ArunawayNERD
    TARDIS WARP
    This is my first mod, so I deiced to keep it simple. This mod simply changes the animation used for beaming up to the ship and beaming down to the planet to an animation of the TARDIS fading in and out.

I made this mod because my Significant other and I both love Doctor Who and I wanted to get into modding. Anyway I figured it would be a nice touch to have the TARDIS as your transportation between your ship and the planet.

Hope you like it, and feel free to suggest other things I could retexture as well

Install
    To install this mod

1. Download attached .zip file.
    2. Create a folder in your Starbound's mods folder. (I recommend calling it "TARDIS_Warp")
    3. Extract the contents of the attached zip into that folder.
    4. Load Starbound and enjoy
    Changes for 1.2
    • Updated the mod to the current beta version Beta v. Furious Koala
    • Set up the mod with the new .pak system
    • Re-hosted the mod with dropbox due to the new size of the zip. (site wont let me upload it)
    Sources
    Images - I created all the images myself using paint.net; however, Doctor Who is owned by BBC

Sound - The sound I used was a little snippet taken from
    this Youtube video.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Anderebu
    Anderebu
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Beautiful and does exactly what it is intended to do. ^^ My only question: Do you happen to know a way to incorporate such mods into a specific race rather than all? From what I can tell it is currently impossible to do, but I thought perhaps you knew more than I. Thanks.
  2. minerlogo
    minerlogo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I had fun being ironic with thisusing the timelord mod and having a Tardis inside a Tardis :P
    1. ArunawayNERD
      Author's Response
      Tardisception?
  3. Sly J
    Sly J
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    This effect takes the same amount of time as the standard teleportation effect, so there's no need to worry about it breaking the flow of the game. How you managed to capture the essence of such an iconic effect into an animation that lasts less than a second is beyond me. Well done!
    1. ArunawayNERD
      Author's Response
      Wow thank you so much. I'm really proud of it because this is the first mod I have ever made, and it's really nice to know other people like it as well
  4. TValentinOT
    TValentinOT
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This is awsome!