1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Ethereals 3-10-2014

A colorful, unique race of wandering nomads.

1. Horus-the-Chorus
    Announcement (5/3/2015): 'sup guys? I know I completely abandoned this mod for a while but I have considered returning to work on it. Perhaps when this school semester is over and I have actual free time at my disposal I'll do something. I dunno yet. In the time I've been away I've had several new mod ideas for Starbound, especially considering the past recent updates. I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up if something does come up, but just know I'm thinking about it. Your patience is appreciated. : )

----

I have a thread dedicated to this race. Please read it if you have questions on the race itself.

2013-12-24_00007.jpg 2013-12-24_00005.jpg 2013-12-24_00004.jpg

"Ethereals are humanoid creatures with pale skin, brightly-colored eyes, and feral features. Individuals of this race are highly unique, and their appearances vary greatly. They are valued for their high-functioning thought process, but feared for their unpredictable behavior. Their culture closely represents that of the Romani nomads of Earth. Ethereals are known to be expressive, artistic, influential, and very adaptable. They are clever and can detect when others are trying to deceive them. Nowadays, Ethereals integrate into other cultures, but tend to favor their racial traditions regardless."

Includes:
    Character Creation Extension Mod by Xander Kau

Completed Features:
    • Custom body and head shapes
    • Custom hairstyles
    • Customizable tail-fur
    • Custom respawn sequence
    • Custom ship
    • Custom scale and eye colors
    • Codex entries that give a brief history on the race
    • Totally custom namegen
    • Works fine with other races

Planned Features:
    • All-original hairstyles
    • Racial clothing
    • Racial weaponry
    • Add horns to hairstyles
    • Custom intro sequence
    • Customizable tattoos
    • NPC camps
    • New ship
    • Custom items and food

Note: While I work on getting seperate eye colors to work, I've decided to take requests for eye-skin combinations. Just leave the combination that you want in the thread. Some may not be implemented if they are too close to existing combinations or do not comply with race lore.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Images

1. thumbnsd.png

Recent Updates

1. Enraged Koala Update
  2. Furious Koala Update
  3. Color Update

Recent Reviews

1. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Version: 3-10-2014
    Very nice little race. ^^
  2. Corraidhín
    Corraidhín
    5/5,
    very nice mod! :D works perfectly and even includes a mod which allows you to see the race during creation! totally a must try :3
  3. Deteno
    Deteno
    5/5,
    By far my favorite race mod. Their design is beautiful and colorful. They even have an interesting story and theme explaining their place in the universe of Starbound. They genuinely feel like something I would expect to find in this game. Ever since I found them a few months back they have become my primary. The one thing to keep in mind is that since their head has different dimensions than other races, some helmets and hats can look kind of funny, but to me it sort of adds to the charm of them being a sort of quirky playful race. There's a lot of room to grow and expand so I am eagerly looking forward to when Horus has time to develop more race-specific content for them.
  4. telles0808
    telles0808
    5/5,
    Version: 1-26-14
    They are avatars, I know =]
  5. Tremoraid
    Tremoraid
    5/5,
    Version: 12-28-13
    Best race I've played so far. Very pretty
  6. Ryan Draconis
    Ryan Draconis
    4/5,
    I've definitely been waiting for a race like this. it means I can have my dragon character in starbound now (She has the same qualities) Although one complaint I have is the eyes. It's rather hard to get immersed due to how it looks compared to the official art for them. I'm not sure how a fix would work, maybe showing both eyes or maybe I'm just nitpicky. Regardless it's an excelent racial mod and I'll deffinatly use/keep an eye on it. (Maybe editing some of the hair types might help as well. Just as an after thought)
    1. Horus-the-Chorus
      Author's Response
      I said in a previous comment that giving them two eyes just messes up their pixelized facial structure. I've tried believe me, haha.
  7. doge99
    doge99
    5/5,
    MORE TAILED SPECIES
    MOOOORE!!!!
    (Derp)
    much tail
    very fluff
    so scale?
  8. Slug
    Slug
    5/5,
    Version: 12-23-2013
    I'm glad you uploaded this! It was a wonderful idea from the start. I really cannot wait to get going as this new, interesting, unique race!!
  9. Mizukyuubi
    Mizukyuubi
    5/5,
    other mods made it into the game in the last patch. this one seems like a good candidate imo. completely original!
  10. Jack_Kéther
    Jack_Kéther
    4/5,
    exelent race mod, only need npc camps and racial items =)