1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Easier Bosses Upbeat Giraffe 1.2

Makes the bosses do less damage and attack a little slower..

1. thespookdanger
    I cannot help you if you don't provide me with the following information:
    1. Was this with a character that had already started the game before installing this mod?
    2. What other mods are you using?
    3. What's the directory structure of your mod folder and this mod?
    4. Please give me a screen shot or complete text of any errors you receive.

I've gone through and toned down all of the bosses. In most cases I've reduced damage and slowed them down a little.

To install this mod simply copy "bossrebalance.zip" into your mods folder like any other mod (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\ is the default path for x64 windows) and extract it directly there. After extraction you should have the following:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods\bossrebalance\bossrebalance\

In the second "bossrebalance" folder there should be a files called "bossrebalance.modinfo" and a folder called "monsters"

If you have a previous version of this mod I would suggest deleting it first. If you're having trouble installing or running this mod please feel free to ask me for help. If you're having problems with this mod and other mods please let me know which other mods so I can try to figure out the conflict.

This doesn't touch any of the other enemies (including the ones that boss spawns) or fall damage, so be aware of that.

If you wanna throw this into a mad pack or whatever go hog wild. All I did was change a couple of numbers.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Fixed JSON error, added all bosses

Recent Reviews

1. Novalex233
    Novalex233
    3/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Game won't start with this mod installed. I checked and none of my other mods change the same files. Would like to have it work, though
    1. thespookdanger
      Author's Response
      Was this with a character that had already started the game? Do you have any other mods active? What's the directory structure of your mod folder and this mod? What's the error?
  2. CombatMedic95
    CombatMedic95
    2/5,
    Version: 1.2
    I saw no noticeable difference in Dreadwing's difficulty, the speed and damage appeared to be the same.
    1. thespookdanger
      Author's Response
      Did you notice a difference on the other bosses? Was this with a character that had already started the game? Do you have any other mods active?
  3. Turtlicious
    Turtlicious
    5/5,
    Version: 2015-01-30
    Does exactly what it says on the tin, Boss battle is still difficuilt, but more fitting for a tutorial fight.