1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Avali Community Additions [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Fevix, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

There are a few small rules regarding additions:

1. No cheaty or heavily unbalanced things. The cost and reward should be roughly on par with the rest of the game.
    2. Please don't complain if I edit it based on community feedback. If you don't like my change, you are free to request that I remove your addition, and you are also free to post it as an addon to the Avali (Which would give you more freedom with it anyways. I'll link it in the mod description here, below, just like any other Avali addon.)
    3. Your addition is yours, and will be credited as such. The only credit I will take is that for assembling all of the community additions together. As stated above, you are free to, for any reason, request your work be removed from the mod at any time.
    4. When submitting additions, please only include the modified files. This will speed up review time.
    5. If you and another author require the same file, work with them to make an edit to that file that works for both of you.
    A few things to note:
    • Any addition made to the mod is likely to be undone if Ryuu ever gives an official update. This does not mean you can't come back and repost your addition as an Addon to the Avali mod once he does, though.
    • Please refrain from arguing about eachother's additions. If you have an issue with someone else's idea, bring it up in a calm, respectful manner.
    • I (Fevix) am only here to assemble and distribute the mod. I am not a repository of modding information, and in fact know little about modding. There are plenty of resources here on the forums to help get you started. (However, because the mod is already assembled, you won't need, say, a .modinfo file.)
    Updates to the mod (should) be getting posted every Friday. This gives modpack developers the entire weekend to get the mod updated on their pack. Additions offered before Thursday are likely to make it into that week's update. Additions offered on Thursday or Friday will likely be posted in the following week's update.

Currently desired changes:
    • Some kind of default pet

Fevix submitted a new mod:

Avali Community Additions - Community-made additions to the Avali mod

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

3. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Alright, fevix can you have a link to the google doc on this thread as well? Itll end a lot of searching.

Note: I am currently using a mobile device so there might be some typos and grammical mistakes.

Update: I am going to copy and paste my shield idea for ejd tiers herwle as I was told to.

Note: this was copied and pasted here by request.

Note: im currently on a mobile device, please expect a considerate amoint of typos and grammical mistakes.

Hello fevix, I have been using this mod for awhile and I noticed that the shield system cuts short at dura steel, I have some great ideas for some new shields for the other ore if youre interested.

Note: if you do like this you can put this in what ever order you like.

Green ore (forgot name) basic shoeld with increase hp and normal regeneration (balanced shield)

Rubium:Massive hp shield with a regeneration of 0 yes, that means once your shield breaks you must make a new one but shields aeent insanely expensive.

Purple ore (forgot again) low hp with a high regeneration rate.

I feel these shields are unique due to that fact that I believe no one has done these yet. Let me know what you think.

Edit: you should also edit the hp of the

--

Bah, the end of the copy got cut off. I dont think its important though... damn moviles. :0

Edit: green ore is suppose to say normal hp.

4. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

What about the arcade machine I was doing? no one seemed to care.

5. JunosatoRyu

JunosatoRyu Pangalactic Porcupine

Question to all involved, Fans and makers alike: Should I design a Standart pet for the Avali?
    (I already made a custom pet squid for the custom pet mod.)

If yes: ideas would be neat.

6. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Keep working on it. I found it to be interesting.

Well, we have had several ideas on the Dev thread. I do like the idea of someone making one. Never was also working on a robot, but so far all the information we got on it was a re-texture of a cleaning drone. There has been several ideas of pets in other threads. Some of them include: arthropods, robots, other animals (like snow fox, ect.). We decided that a vote on what we want would be the best choice to decide. Although no one has hosted anything like a vote form about the matter.

7. Ryehat

Ryehat Void-Bound Voyager

Personally I say go for it! I always build an arcade into my Avali bases so an Avali specific machine would be cool.

Pet idea: What about some sort of arctic-colored Archaeopteryx? It would sort of mimic the Avali's body structure in that feathered dinosaur sort of way but obviously in a much smaller form. It could spread its wings for the jumping animation to look like it was gliding around and if it was small enough you could spawn a number of them and have an Archaeopteryx aviary.

OssomSagax likes this.
  8. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Do you guys need ideas for certain items? Ive read the lore and all and id gladly help.

--
    I beloeve I can create you guys a death scene as I dont think it should be too hard to create it with the programm I have. Although while I am able to possibly create it I dont have any ideas for it.

Update: what would your guys opinion be for avali type crafting stations (anvils, wood crafting table etc) I could try to make a few of those but I would have no idea how to put it into the game.

Edit: would I need a certain type of program to do that or would any work?

9. JunosatoRyu

Hm... the Avali's natural climate does play a role I guess... but so does their Technological community...

While I like the ideas of something like a Snow fox or a Robot, I'd still try to make something that's both, familiar and Alien.

10. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

The death scene is one of the longest animations, be careful...

Sounds like a good idea, hope to see your progress soon!

11. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Should I talk to you privately / felix about this? I also still need a idea for the death scene. Also, how manyframes does the animation need to be?

12. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

well, I don't have the time to count, but my guess is between 60-90 frames. You don't have to talk privately with us, it is a community mod, so opinions matter.

Edit:
    here are the human respawn animations
    layer1.png <---> layer2.png

13. JunosatoRyu

I am already gathering ideas and parts~

Devani likes this.
  14. Mouseizure

Mouseizure Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, so what I want to do with this arcade machine is to have a GUI to select the game you wish to play. I also want it to load Mazebound64 from a different folder rather than the one that comes with it.

15. Kitantho

Kitantho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They also come from eggs, so probably something quite similar to the avian animation. Maybe with a larger/different color egg, but since they are soft shelled it wouldn't crack like the avian egg. Perhaps the egg falls over on it's side, the top is pushed open and out crawls an adorable baby space raptor. I feel like it would be nice to work in snow somehow since they come from cold worlds, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

16. JunosatoRyu

[​IMG]

Samples of Pet design process... just tell me which you like better so I can get to animating it...

The tiny ones are sorta a mix of a Bunny and a Fox of sorts...
    While I didn give em tails yet, I might add different tail variants for the finished ones.

The ones on the right are a synthetic lifeform made of a flexible nano fiber, making em able to move and to have organ replicas while being hardly more than living plush dolls...
    ...made from a sentinent fiber.

(The Human is just for giving you an idea of the Pet size... I am NOT a pet!)

Yanazake likes this.
  17. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Ryuujin wanted it to be like a digital reconstruction, considering the high level of cloning ability that the Avali have.

----

Also, here's my old Hoverbike concepts. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yanazake and Fevix like this.
  18. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Tiny bunny fox has my vote.

I refuse to add anything but tiny bunnny fox

That was a joke

OmegaMinion likes this.
  19. Aku Hito

Aku Hito Big Damn Hero

Alright, I'll start on a idea once I get back to my normal house.

20. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.