iOS (Mobile) Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Typhoon, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Got a suggestion for the iOS version of Stardew Valley? Why not put it here?

I'll start with this one that I saw on Reddit -

My one add on for the game would be to add a slight rumble feature for fishing. Specifically right when the fish bites. The visual cues are smaller on the mobile version and I miss the slight rumble.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/9qw8j7/stardew_valley_now_available_on_ios/e8ht0fb/

Remember that this thread isn't for reporting bugs with the game, those go here -

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-valley-mobile-known-issues-and-fixes.149599/

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Please add iCloud syncing for game saves to enable easy transfer between iPad and iPhone.

Also, please streamline the process of syncing between iPad/iPhone and the PC/Mac - the current method is a bit 'clunky' and prone to error.

Skinflint likes this.
      • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

From Katzeus - "Also - I've seen a few reports of the 'tickbox' not working to confirm the character at character creation. I think this might be user error, as the design of this window has changed. There are now 'default' entries (on PC and consoles the text boxes were empty), and if you don't change from the default values the checkbox to start won't be available. If reporters of this could double check, and if they've filled in all values and are still having the issue I'll advance it as a reported bug."

My suggestion - Here's a suggested improvement then which should alleviate any confusion - if the player tries to tick the box and one or more values aren't entered, then flash or otherwise highlight the pertinent entries. Kind of like when filling in an online form which has some mandatory fields - when you click on continue (or whatever) the page will highlight any missed mandatory fields.

https://community.playstarbound.com...n-issues-and-fixes.149599/page-6#post-3313624

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

From reddit -

Hello fellow farmers!!

• I’m on Day 16 of spring year one, and I’m putting together a wish list for iOS changes. Mostly controls and UI, because I want the base gameplay to remain unchanged.

- Auto save anytime. This is key for mobile. I want to be able to play a little here and there, not have to sit down and finish a whole day
            - Bigger font, especially when crafting (quantities are impossible to read)
            - Better slider when very large quantities are available to be purchased (from /u/sunshinegator). Perhaps non-linear? First 25% increments by 1s, next 25% by 5s, next 25% by 25s, next 25% by 100’s?
            - Bigger fishing UI
            - “hold and walk” to plant / harvest
            - Hold to mine
            - optional d-pad overlay (like gba4ios)
            - always fish when fishing rod selected and character is next to water, don’t try to walk -

There's more in the comments of the linked thread below -

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/9sp26m/stardew_for_mobile_ios_wish_list/

Skinflint likes this.
          • Fallingflamingo

Fallingflamingo Space Hobo

I’ve spent over 200 hours in the mac version of the game and needless to say I love the game. I’m currently on bedrest with a bad back so I can’t sit up and therefore downloaded the mobile game. I love it.

However - there’s two things that I really feel would make it so much smoother to play.

1. A d-pad. Having my fingers all over the screen, covering up the gameplay, just makes the gaming annoying. I haven’t even been to the caverna yet and I’m dreading to go there. So maybe an optional d-pad could be an update?

2. Autopicking the tool. I keep misclicking and loose energy because of it. Could it be an optional thing to manually choose tools at all times?

• Damien584

Damien584 Intergalactic Tourist

Apple TV version with real controller support :)

• slas

slas Void-Bound Voyager

Please add a "Save and quit" function. I often play games when travelling or when limited on time. Then i ddont always have the time to finish a full day before i quit, an the way IOS loves to shut down apps that are not in focus, i cant leave it on pause either.

MooFarmer likes this.
                • slas

slas Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for the recent update! The saving feature is great! Now i can quit when i want, and no more progress lost if crashing :D Also the D-pad and toolbar changes are nice! Thanks for listening

• Black Market Beagle

Black Market Beagle Tentacle Wrangler

As a left-handed player, I'd love it if it there was an option to move the toolbar to the right-hand side of the screen. That would let me change items with my right hand while moving/interacting with my left (which I'm not dextrous enough to do with my right). Examples of times when this would be useful is in combat, so I could switch much quicker between my weapon and food, and get the food eaten and then back to the weapon; or when putting different qualities of eggs/milk into processing machines. I thought maybe I could just play with toolbar padding and get it over there, but it doesn't go that far.

I can see where that would conflict with the other displays on the right. I would be perfectly happy to have them mirrored, but I get that that's more work than just anchoring the toolbar someplace different.

Typhoon likes this.
                    • nickwood

nickwood Intergalactic Tourist

Excellent update recently! Love the new save function and controller options. I still have a few requests.

Definitely need iCloud save so I can play on my phone during the day and my iPad when I get back home in the evening. Also echoing the need for an overhauled / bigger fishing UI, it’s currently super hard to use. Same with the slider for purchasing items, it’s difficult when large quantities are available to buy, and this should be fixed. That first comment is a great idea too, making better use of the Taptic Engine in iOS would really add another dimension to the game.

Bug report: I can’t move buildings, or i can’t figure out how. I can tap on and select the building I want to move and it turns green, but I never get the option to place it in a new location. If I’m missing something in my inventory to allow me to do that, there’s no indication that that’s the case. So it’s either broken or I’m stumped.

Anyway, I’m LOVING Stardew Valley. I got it for iOS on launch day (pre-ordered, actually) and I play it every day.