1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. Pretty much yeah, except that most of stuff will be player driven.

2. There is some progress. I've created for spaceship parts very own crafting table. In addition I've divided tech console and 3d printer, now they are 2 separate buildings:
    [​IMG]
    From left to right: Spaceship Modulator, 3D Printer, Tech Console.

In addition I've found out trigger, which allows to open blueprints when some object is picked up. So eventually when I will release new parts, just remove and pick up again Spaceship Modulator to receive spaceship parts blueprints you still don't have :)

Conir likes this.
  3. Oh yeah, update released...

4. Seiklus

Seiklus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just a question. 1. is this updated for Indignant Koala? and 2. How do I obtain the Red Matter Manipulator?

5. Asteroides

Asteroides Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this playable in multiplayer currently?

Also, i do not get the extended bars (the blue one, im guessing its mana) in my game, although when i load the game, it has your mods name on starting screen. Is this normal? (work in progress im guessing?)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. Asteroides

7. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, just wanted to let you know i finally got around to finishing the Apex cruiser ship inspired by your screenshot.

[WIP] Cruiser Ships - A suite of cruisers for each race

There's a few differences of course but im pretty happy with it. Should be much easier to make the next ones.

8. Douggernaut

Douggernaut Master Chief

I thought this looked like a cool mod so I setup an open multiplayer server for it:

See this thread

9. Marcus Eralice

Marcus Eralice Big Damn Hero

As nice as it is to be able to build one's own ship, there are a few nitpick worthy things.

Building with diagonals for one. Currently, if you want to build a diagonal surface, you have to use a thicker hull piece (Which looks out of place when building interior rooms), else you end up with something like this...
    [​IMG]
    It just doesn't match up.
    As it stands, it's not very diagonal friendly. Even the thick interior hulls don't have a diagonal option.

A second, smaller nitpick: Walls have to be two thick, no exceptions. Of course one can use vanilla blocks for this, but those won't exactly fit in with the rest of the ship. True that it's designed to have a top and bottom for everything, but not everyone likes having two or more thick walls everywhere, same goes for floors.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who would want this, but a "compact" main thruster would be a bit nice for putting onto smaller rooms near the back. (Or, hey, what if someone wanted to make a star trek-esque ship with thrusters on the wing wosnames) Speaking of thrusters, I find it a tad odd that they connect directly to a room.

May have more feedback on things in the future.

Hmm... Possible ship color variants in the future for those who don't want a red ship?

10. Nice, but with current modular system you can build anything you want of any size :)

11. Raymondhou

Raymondhou Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone tell me where is the link for download??
    Can not find it...

12. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

Raymondhou and WarStalkeR like this.
  13. Raymondhou

Raymondhou Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much!!! Mate!!

14. I've added tip now on very top, where you should click in order to get to that page.

15. Asteroides

You have a rough idea when you think most of this will be functional enough for release as WIP?

This is really similar to what i wanted to play as a mod, cant wait to mess around with this

16. Whenver Kyren will implement or start implementing "Binary Modding" I will start working on implemenation of core things. I can create half assed implementation through currently available access to LUA, but I will be dissapointed with my own work, not just other people.

17. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

is it confirmed? or are you hoping it might?