1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. WarStalkeR
    As of 25/03/2015 development of the Fight for Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra is put on hold, until more deep and advanced modding API is released.

[​IMG]

Per Aspera Ad Astra - in Latin language it means "Through Hardships to the Stars" in other words, this is my intentions to add these "hardships" through my modification and yes it means my modification will be a hardcore one... a very hardcore one.

I'm plan to increase game complexity by adding highly detailed interface, increase amount of parameters and add environmental effects, which will make survival harder, revamped material systems, advanced construction and production systems, colonial warfare & etc. Entire list of my modding plan you can read here.

So far I've only implemented and integrated Starship Modular Construction System. But more things to come as modding API will be improved and Binary Modding will be implemented for complete control over moddability of game (ask Kyren about it).

This is how it looks, when ship is during construction:
    [​IMG]

And this is how ship looks, when I finished constructing it:
    [​IMG]
    • Address: soon-tm.info
    • Port: default (21025)
    • Limit: 48 players
    • Version: v0.055
    • Password: Katafalk
    • Current Status: Offline

Installation:
    1) Remove previous version of mod, by deleting "ffu_paaa_vX.XXX.modpak" from "Starbound/mods" main directory.
    2) Download file "ffu_paaa_vX.XXX.modpak" via link I posted and copy it in to "Starbound/mods" main directory.
    3) Start game and Enjoy.

Usage:
    1) Start new character or remove ".shipworld" file from your "Starbound/player" folder.
    2) Use teleport as starting point of any construction, because even if you remove it, you sill teleport back to original place.
    3) User Red & Blue Matter Manipulators only for spaceship construction to avoid destruction of balance.
    4) Enjoy. You should have Spaceship Modulator, which allows you to build spaceship parts.

1) Go to the "Starbound/mods" folder.
    2) Create file "ffu_paaa_unpack.bat" in folder "Starbound/mods" with content:
    Code:
    mkdir ffu_paaa
    ..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe ffu_paaa.modpak ffu_paaa
    del ffu_paaa.modpak /s /q
    2) Create file "ffu_paaa_repack.bat" in folder "Starbound/mods" with content:
    Code:
    ..\win32\asset_packer.exe ffu_paaa ffu_paaa.modpak
    del ffu_paaa\*.* /s /q
    rd ffu_paaa /s /q
    4) Run created ffu_paaa_unpack batch script.
    5) Folder ffu_paaa folder will appear. Go there.
    6) Open universe_server.config with any text editor.
    7) Beside already existent lines such as "human" : "/ships/default/ship_frigate.structure" after it (or before) add line "customrace" : "/ships/default/ship_frigate.structure" where "customrace" is name of your custom race.
    8) Go back to main mods folder. Run created ffu_paaa_repack batch script.
    9) Now custom race also has modular spaceship. This way you also can do any other changes you want to mod. Enjoy.

P.S. Use teleport if you fall during constructions from ship.
    P.S.S. To open new parts I've added you just need to put Spaceship Modulator back to inventory and special trigger automatically will open all new spaceship parts I've added in newest patch.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. haloknight228
    haloknight228
    5/5,
    Version: 0.055
    I do not know how you will implement spaceship battles...but i know one thing. anything is possible with a game that molds like wet clay. personally i bid you good luck and i look forward to it. maybe add non player ship battles too if you can. look forward to reading your progress on it ;)
  2. Alven
    Alven
    5/5,
    Надеюсь, проект не настолько заброшен, как кажется.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Project is put on hold till more deep and advanced modding API is released.
  3. QueenMeatwing
    QueenMeatwing
    5/5,
    Amazing! I admire your modding skills, played this mod tonnes in Enraged Koala, but is there any way to update it to Upbeat Giraffe? (If you're not already working on it)
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Working on it :)
  4. Cryman
    Cryman
    5/5,
    good
  5. neiroka
    neiroka
    5/5,
    супер мод! только нет серверов с данной модификацией (((
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Я когда-то хостил, но отключил за ненадобностью. Когда дадут больше свободы мододелам, я его снова верну. Так что, всему свое время :)
  6. BoundStar65
    BoundStar65
    5/5,
    Great mod but wondering how you can fire the cannon as it says you can.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Cannon is just eye candy with nice deployment animation. So far it even doesn't fire animation, let the actual planet bombardment. But I can promise, once space ship battles will be implemented, cannon will do it's work :)
  7. Chofranc
    Chofranc
    5/5,
    Hi i really liked the mod :), but with the unpaker i got this:

C:\Windows\system32>P:\Starbound\Starbound_enraged_koala\win32\asset_unpacker.exe ffu_paaa_v0.055.modpak ffu_paaa
    Exception caught: AssetBackendException: Asset database ffu_paaa_v0.055.modpak is missing
    00402831 asset_unpacker.exe
    004AF067 asset_unpacker.exe
    00401413 asset_unpacker.exe
    00401585 asset_unpacker.exe
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

del ffu_paaa.modpak /s /q

C:\Windows\system32>pause
    Presione una tecla para continuar . . .
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      What version of Starbound you use? Nightly? If yes, then it is possible that asset packer/unpacker were updated multiple times, so they are not compatible with current .pak file.
  8. Epicmine
    Epicmine
    5/5,
    Прекрасно работает.Удалил МедТюлип и заработало.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Благодарю. Я как бы не гарантировал что он будет совместим с остальными модами. Тут совместимость придется допиливать вручную самим пользователям.
  9. EstatorVs
    EstatorVs
    5/5,
    Простите за три звезды, просто задолбался адаптировать под найтли и вырезать лишнее (для меня лично).
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Ну как бы я не расчитывал адаптировать мод под найтли, ибо там много работы на каждый апдейт. Я лучше подожду пока стабильное обновление выйдет. А там уже мод обновлю под него.
  10. SixV
    SixV
    5/5,
    Already a nice mod, and it will be awesome soon, I guess. I think there is a huge work behind. I wait with impatience the complete implementation of description of the mod. Good work, continue as well.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thanks. Yep, there are a lot of work behind to reach the goal, but I believe, no matter how much time it will take, it will be totally worth it :)