1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

[Starbind] [Fight For Universe] Modded Server 24/7

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Douggernaut, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douggernaut

Douggernaut Master Chief

Fight for Universe Server - Starbind

In order to really test my server/client mod synchronizer Starbind, I've setup a public server hosting the mod Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra

Using Starbind

In order to quickly and easily synchronize your local mods with the server's download the Starbind client (Windows or Mac) and run it using the Starbind.bat on Windows or the Starbind.command on Mac.

When the Starbind page pops up on your browser enter the host:

192.241.178.147:1337

And click "Sync Mods". Once the sync is complete, click "Launch Starbound" to start Starbound. In Starbound join the server at 192.241.178.147

Notes
    • Make a new character for this mod and server specifically, just in case
    • I will be updating the server regularly as the mod is improved
    • There is currently a 16 player limit on the server
    • Use Starbind every time you want to play on the server to ensure your mods are up to date
    • If you close Starbind and re-launch Starbound all of your previous mod configuration will be restored
    • If you get "assets digest mismatch" error on joining the server, make sure you used Starbind to synchronize and make sure you have no modified files in the "assets" directory

DreadedReborn likes this.
  2. Draghin

Draghin Yeah, You!

I'm pretty sure that I don't have any added files in my "assets" folder.

And yet, I get the "assets digest mismatch" error.

Any ideas?

3. Douggernaut

Douggernaut Master Chief

So any change to any file in your assets directory, even just an extra space somewhere, will cause the "assets digest mismatch". All of the files within the assets directory must match byte for byte.

If you are completely sure you have not modified any files within the assets directory, make sure that when Starbound starts up it shows the "Fight for the Universe" logo on the main menu. If you are not seeing that then there must have been a problem when synchronizing mods with the server.

4. Draghin

Draghin Yeah, You!

I did a fresh install, and that seemed to fix it.

It must have been because I didn't have all of the default songs installed anymore. I cleared out my songs folder.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  5. Douggernaut

Douggernaut Master Chief

Glad you got it working! Yeah that would definitely cause a digest mismatch.

6. Draghin

Draghin Yeah, You!

There is no way to tell if anyone else is online, is there?

7. Douggernaut

Douggernaut Master Chief

At the moment there is not a way to see who's online, I've only just launched it so you may even be alone out there...in that big empty ship (which I believe is customizable too!).

By the way, I do not have anything to do with the mod itself, so if you like it or hate it or find bugs with it I would definitely recommend hitting up the mod's official page here. I thought it looked like an interesting and ambitious mod that would be well suited to testing out Starbind.

DreadedReborn likes this.
  8. DreadedReborn

DreadedReborn Void-Bound Voyager

Bump.
    I'm interested in this and have been trying it out.
    I''ll be on this server as I type btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.