Modding Help Dialogue: mulitble boxes with conditions.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by kingdisen, Jun 11, 2018.

1. kingdisen

kingdisen Aquatic Astronaut

If you can't help with this, maybe you can help with one of my other posts:
    NPC's Giving Gifts to player or Festival dialogue changes: marriage

I want to have the npc say something different based on whether or not the Comunity Center if fixed. But I also want it to have more than one segment. For example if you fixed the Comunity Center, Sam will say: "I'm really glad you fixed the community center. The whole town is." and the next box will say: "In fact Sebastian and I were going to hang out there today.
    I got that done. Here's images:
    cc1.jpg cc2.jpg
    If the Comunity Center is still unfixed than he'd say: "The community center? That place is a complete wreck." and the next box will say: "I wonder if Mayor Lewis should sell it to JojaMart.”
    I got that too. Here's images:
    no cc1.jpg no cc2.jpg
    The problem I have is putting the two togeter.

The code for the fixed dialogue is :
    Day: “I'm really glad you fixed the community center. The whole town is.#$b#In fact Sebastian and I were going to hang out there today." #!String

The code for the unfixed dialogue is:
    Day: “The community center? That place is a complete wreck.#$b#I wonder if Mayor Lewis should sell it to JojaMart." #!String

And I can get it too choose if I use this code:
    Day: "$d cc#I'm really glad you fixed the community center. The whole town is.|The community center? That place is a complete wreck." #!String
    But that only works for the first dialogue box.

If I try to get both boxes to work with this code:
    Day: "$d cc#I'm really glad you fixed the community center. The whole town is.#$b#In fact Sebastian and I were going to hang out there today.|The community center? That place is a complete wreck.#$b#I wonder if Mayor Lewis should sell it to JojaMart.” #!String
    I get this:
    test.jpg
    It is worth noting that I have fixed the community center and I don't know how to just rendomly test text. If there is a way, please tell me that as well.

I have also tried the code:
    Day: "$d cc#I'm really glad you fixed the community center. The whole town is.|The community center? That place is a complete wreck.#$b#$d cc#In fact Sebastian and I were going to hang out there today.|I wonder if Mayor Lewis should sell it to JojaMart.” #!String
    That just gives me the frist part and ignores the second.

Also, using the trem "#$e#" instedof #$b# doen't help eirter.

If anyone knows if and how to do this, please tell me.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Moragaine

Moragaine Cosmic Narwhal

Your images aren't working.

• kingdisen

I did some more testing and updated the question with new images. Sorry

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Can you post your dialogue codes so we can look at them completely

• kingdisen

I posted the parts of the code tahtI'm using here. This is just an example anyway. The point is I can have it pick dialogue un conditions, such as the community center bing fixed(by started with this comand: [$d cc#]), or I can have multiple dialogue boxes(using the command [#$b#] or [#$e#] to seporatethe boxes, [#$b#] connects them so you click to continue, [#$e#] ends the interaction and the next box is shown when you interact with the NPC again). The problem is that I can't do both. I'm not even sure it's posisle, but if someone knows I'm hoping they will find this.

The "Day:" part of the code above is filler. It can be anything from "indoor_Day:" to "fall_16:" the day/date/year/place specified in the code is not important.