1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Base in a Box modules by bk3k 1.1

Just content for Base in a Box

1. bk3k
    This REQUIRES Base in a Box. In fact this isn't really a mod per se. This is really just stuff I built to use with Base in a Box. I made it for myself, but I just figured someone else might find this useful.

It includes a fairly large 105x25 empty module that one could use to rapidly build a really large base. The module is fully stack-able. In fact inside it is another building printer ready to add a second level on top. Upon activating that, there is a building printer ready to build the 3rd, etc, etc. Just remove and trash the printer if you don't want it taller.

A module already setup for tenant use is included. It holds 16 tenants each with plenty of room for furniture. However no furniture is included. You need to supply your own still. The tenant module is also 105x25 so it stacks cleanly with other modules.

Also included is a hallway and shaft module that will used with a mod I will soon release. You can technically use them now, but they'll be more useful once I release the mod they are too. They are in pieces. You can only build the starter pieces but that's all you would really need as the rest are included inside. I did this because trying to build something too huge at once tends to result in failure.

modules1.png

These modules make it very easy to build very high up. If you go TOO tall you will hit the ceiling, meaning the game engine won't allow you any further. You will get an error that reads "no anchor." If you get that, don't activate the printer again! You're asking for tons of lag without end and it won't work anyhow. Base in a Box can now clear things that are in the way, but with something this big, I'd avoid trying to build into too many existing blocks. It may well fail. Better to clear the area first.

I'm not using the default offsets that the original Base in a Box modules use. The originals use a [1,0] meaning 1 block to the right (of the printer's bottom right corner) at the same height. My 105x25 module uses an offset of of [2, -1]. This is because there will be a door 2 to the right but at the same height as the printer, and a floor below that. I added the extra rightward space so you can just place a printer next to the rightward door if you want easy expansion. I have no left-expanding module but could add that if anyone wants one. All of my printers note the offset used in the description.

You do seem to need a part of the modules(usually the base) touching something, or you get an error about no anchor. I seem to recall being able to build in the sky before, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the latest version. However something is simple as a pillar of dirt will do, and then you can remove it after building. You don't even need to be picky on the height, as the little dirt in the way will be broken.

The modules are not furnished beyond basic lighting. I may add furnished versions in the future. Or a ready to go warehouse. Etc.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Tenant module and fix for empty module