1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Pilchenstein

I make mods for fun but if you'd like to throw a couple of quid into my digital hat so I can buy cakes and energy drinks: https://paypal.me/pilchenstein

Workshop version is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729460427

Installation:
    If you have a previous version of the mod installed, delete it's folder from starbound/mods/
    Copy the folders pilch_sciencestation/ and modules-in-a-box/ to starbound/mods/

Features:
    Science Station - advanced crafting table to craft new items (Made at Engineer's Table)
    Base In A Box - instantly deployable base modules for a variety of purposes
    Medical Tank - sleep in this for increased healing
    Building Scanner & Printer - scan in custom buildings and print them elsewhere
    Delayers - wired items that delay the transmission of a current
    Mechorations - a static version of the human and apex mechs for decoration
    Arcade Machine - a fully working, playable arcade cabinet
    Wiring Stuff - some extra wirable doodads

If you want to use the "export to log" feature to add your custom buildings to the Science Station but don't feel like manually extracting the files from your log, there's an automated tool available here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/modules-in-a-box-custom-blueprint-extractor.138680/

Known issues:
    Wiring is not copied, this is a limitation of the game's API unfortunately
    Standing in a building as it's being printed is asking for trouble
    Scanner cannot scan trees or unbreakable objects
    Scanning a protected area (such as an apex lab before it's forcefield is disabled) will take the furniture but leave the blocks
    Building Scanner & Printer are highly experimental, so if they break or don't behave as expected, please let me know what happened, with steps to recreate the problem if possible
    Bug reports can either be sent on the forums or emailed to darth_pingu@yahoo.co.uk

Credit:
    Module In A Box code was developed by Pilchenstein & MadTulip
    Thanks to the modding crew on the Starbound discord for answering my stupid questions
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    lockclamp, xxbbbluexx, qs820 and 50 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Tanks a lot
  2. Active blocks
  3. So many memories

Recent Reviews

1. Ghajuri
    Ghajuri
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.12
    This is the best mod
  2. NovaHex
    NovaHex
    4/5,
    cool mod in single player but is this MP compatible or not (OR FU compatible too)
    1. Pilchenstein
      Author's Response
      Yeah, it works in multiplayer and should work with FU unless they've broken something
  3. icegriffon
    icegriffon
    5/5,
    Einsteinic mod for building really!
  4. Kokito
    Kokito
    4/5,
    looks promising!
  5. NE1Player
    NE1Player
    5/5,
    This is the perfect Admin-Mod. Thank You!
  6. SXOCKER
    SXOCKER
    5/5,
    5 for now
  7. ExploerTM
    ExploerTM
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.8
    Man, I'm really bad at building and this mod is definitely what I need
  8. Over Gaming
    Over Gaming
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.7
    Realy cool mod...
    That all.
  9. nughbound
    nughbound
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.3
    Very helpful to build settlement fast. Nice!
  10. tomasdrah
    tomasdrah
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Hurray, thanks.