1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Epic of Starbound (Writers Needed!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yaxlat, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

So any writer can submit their chapter whenever they want and however they want?

2. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

It's not going to be as easy as that, since the story will have to go in a direction. I will probably release a chapter every week. After a chapter is done, the next person will have 5 or so days to read the prior chapter and to write their own, and then I can edit and release it on the weekend. Organizedness X3.

3. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

But you said that the main team wont be important and there will probably be huge contributors outside the team.

4. Yaxlat

yeah, but when someone applies, team member or not, I can organize a week with them, in which they can write their story. Also my other post, all I said there was that team members will probably want to write more than one post, because they will not really feel part of the project otherwise, and anyone else who is not a team member will be able to do so also. I think that after the thing is up and running, who counts as "team member" and who doesn't wont really matter anymore, and the line between team member and non-team member will be blurred. :).

5. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

But how exactly will the order of people go? Will it be all the applicants and when they're done, it will replay through them again? I don't get why you'll need team members, then.

6. Yaxlat

The team members are for the beginning, getting a structural idea to the epic, also all the first chapters the team members put out will be discussed by the entire team. After that it wont matter to much, apart from them being able to help make decisions about who will write the next chapters, and help edit later.

7. Prophet of Deception

Prophet of Deception Big Damn Hero

Nice application but I think you only checked it 19 times because it says peace instead of piece.

8. This looks interesting! I think I'll wait till the first part is done after the professionals have finished, and then see if I can contribute something. [​IMG]

Yaxlat likes this.
  9. Application, man!
    I'd totally like to apply to this. I like to write stories with drama, action, and love diving into characterization. I also love creating Villains, and my fan fiction, Malum Space, is the story of a villain.

Yaxlat likes this.
  10. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

Amaz-plication! (Application)
    Writing is a thing I love to do. Although, it often change my ideas. I also just love writing plot twists and stuff like that, it's quite fun. :up:
    If you'd like to see what I done for starbound so far, click on the red note in my signature. Or click here. Even if I don't get in, I'll probably write after the main guys do their work. ;)

Yaxlat likes this.
  11. Yaxlat

Nice, your high on my list ;). Use colours in the heading just so I can see it is an application later.
    Nice. We are open to a lot of people like that.
    Peace man! :p
    Nice stuff. I like the Malum Space thing a lot, and I you have a good chance of getting in. I have a small tip, and that's to use longer sentences. Short sentences are great for building tension, but when over-used it makes the story lose it's flow. Nice work though :).
    I love what you're writing :). Great to see so many cool people! :DD

Prophet of Deception likes this.
  12. Yaxlat

Tbh, I would be happy if we had this many applications in total <3. Probably gonna get more though :)

13. Prophet of Deception

Sorry, just a sort of thing like word OCD.

Yaxlat likes this.
  14. Yaxlat

dang it man, it's not OCD, it's CDO. Just like OCD but in the correct, alphabetical order!

AstroBlast likes this.
  15. Yaxlat

Do you think I should start accepting people already, since we are seeing a lack of applications in the last few days, or should I wait?

Noc likes this.
  16. Yaxlat

Your all in! Have started accepting people to keep up the pace! Starting a PM convo in a bit. Eight chapters (including myself) is nice to start off, and more people will be welcome to join the team, although I will defiantly cap it at around 10. Accepted almost everyone to write a chapter! Nice.

You can be in too, but just to give ideas if that's okay. If you really want to you can give writing a chapter a shot, but there would be a good chance that I wont be able to put it in because of the grammar.

17. Prophet of Deception

Yay acceptance FTW!

Yaxlat likes this.
  18. Leokins

Leokins Subatomic Cosmonaut

Definitely going to need to work on the grammar.

Most of you.

19. Coryn02

Coryn02 Zero Gravity Genie

APPLICATION!

I would like to join. It may be short notice, but it seems like an awesome idea and I would like to be apart of it. I'm a good writer, and I think I have a lot to contribute to this. Are you all going to figure out the plot and such later on, or do you already have something planned?

This seems to have a lot of potential, and if I do not become a writer initially, I will want to write later on. Of course I'll read it, too.

20. Yaxlat

Lol yeah :p. I make typo-errors so often, it's not even funny, but If I edit something a few times it's okay.
    Well, we need people, so your in! I'll invite you to the convo.