Malum Space

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Shark, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Hello Starbounders. Recently inspired, I'm going to write a new fanfiction. If you like it, please help motivate me by liking this post or dropping something in the replies below. In this story there is one thing I want to focus most on; perspective. We are often, in stories, given the perspective of the protagonist. So, I present you with a new kind of read. The story of a Villain.

{Act I}

--Chapter One
    Time was running out. Extraction would be arriving shorty. My disguise wouldn't hold for much longer. Yet I had nothing from my visit, besides some observations of the strange, cryptic race I was forced to live among. Many a time I considered releasing my anger into them; shedding gallons of blood with a single swipe. Though I wonder why the thought had even gone through me. I was smarter than that; smarter than the idiotic, credulous milites back at the station, though it isn't saying much. My own self-esteem puzzled me sometimes; I didn't know who I was during times like this. Sometimes I considered myself a power-hungry monster, only to be followed by a thought of denial, telling myself that I worked not for Malum, not for evil, but for the morals incorporated from my tutor.

The click of the breaker awoke me from my thoughtful dayslumber. My disguised hand, unfamiliar to my eyes, shook with some combination of fear and anticipation. I slowly opened the door, attempting not to wake the humans from their lengthy, nightly slumbering. The glow of dim monitors illuminated the eerie hallway I entered from. After shutting the door steadily behind me, I took a seat in the leather stool in front of one of the screens. Swiftly decrypting the on-screen text with a command to my SUD, I identified that the unit was of quite the age; the software was horribly primitive and out-of-date. Ignoring the human's naive choice in technology, I attempted to crack the passwords manually, with no success. I never was a good hacker, as the intelligence directors had told me long ago. That's why we have breakers, I suppose. I had left the only one I had with me at the door. Cursing my forgetfulness, I opened the iron door once again and retrieved the breaker from the code panel, after steadily closing the door, once again.

The breaker cracked the computer's codes within thirty seconds, probably one-thousand times faster than I could have done it manually. I took a split-second to congratulate our technology on it's advances, then got to work with the file server. In plain sight on the harddrive was the human's full complications of records, logs, and foe databases. Jackpot.

With a bit of trouble I located the correct port on the system's harddrive for my TMD. I could not get over the fact that they use such insecure, aged database systems. The file transfer begun on-screen and concluded after a short time. Retrieving my TMD, I rose from my chair and headed for the door. An alert on my SUD notified me of extraction's nearing arrival at the southmost deck of the vessel. Swiftly and stealthily, I headed down the corridor toward the south of the vessel, just beyond the residential areas.

--Chapter Two
    I walked on my human-disguises' toes in an attempt to quiet my footsteps. Waking one of the humans would make this nothing more than a messy job. Although I was already able to avoid the security department, or 'night watch' as the humans referred to them as, getting past them a second time and escaping to the landing decks would prove difficult. The corridors and hallways in this area were tight, specifically designed to prevent anyone from leaving their quarters after the curfew, and to make the guards' jobs a lot easier. Though, most of the guards, humans, liked to use their shifts to catch up on some of their own sleep. Much easier than those drones back at the station.

Ahead, in the next corridor around the corner, I was almost positive I heard someone's footsteps, their shoes colliding with the metal floorboards. Peeking around the corner, I confirmed my fears; a single guard blocked the way to the next corridor. I considered my options. I could remove my disguise and slaughter the disgusting being. No,no. I cursed temporary milite ignorance and continued thinking . I shuddered at sight of the estimated amount of disguise energy remaining, only enough for about 3 minutes. As always, time did not seem to be on my side. Reaching to my belt, I took the CDLD from my belt and inserted one of my non-lethal, sleep-inducing darts. This should work.

Leaning around the corner, maintaining my balance, I took aim at the guard's neck. Though he must have sensed my presence somehow, for he turned around just as I pulled the CDLD's trigger. A faint sound of the compressed air releasing echoed to my ears, and the dart shot into his neck. With hastiness and little effort I picked up his unconscious body and set it down in one of the maintenance rooms branching off from the main corridors. Returning to the residential halls, I crept quickly into the final corridor on the way to the landing decks. Taking a glance at the corner of my SUD, I began to run, with only 60 seconds left of a maintainable disguise. Any human who saw my true form would most likely run off and ring an alarm. I always hated those pesky alarms, and those who activated them. "Complications are your enemy." I heard the voice of my Intelligence Director within my mind.

Foolishly enough, I had began to run now, lost in my own conversation with myself and memories of my education days. I saw the door to the landing decks straight ahead, and went into a sprint. Before I could reach them, however, the doors opened from the other side; a tall man in white apparel emerged from the landing decks, and I struck into him, crashing my skull into the top of his. Both of us were shoved backwards with the force of collision. With great speed I rose to my feet, inserting another dart into my CDLD. The man looked me in the eyes as a I pulled the trigger, and the dart lunged into his neck, causing him to yelp in pain from a point-blank injection.

My mind was lost in the chaos of the situation. The SUD rang into my ear, alerting me of my disguise's impending removal. The man lay motionless on the ground, and, through and above the open doors, I spotted my extraction-vessel removing its cloaking systems, dropping a rope to the landing decks. Without thought I grabbed the unconscious scientist and jumped for the rope, as my disguise systems slowly decomposed my human appearance.

--Chapter Three
    A milite greeted me at the top of the rope with robotic noises emanating from his throat. He took the unconscious man in the white lab coat from my arms into his, and motioned me to await in one of the vessel's passenger luxury rooms. I responded with a gentle smile and nod, wondering if he'd even understand the generic gesture. I figured it might be integrated into his, or her wiring. Milites have no gender, I reminded myself; yet I suppose they looked a little bit more masculine in the torso's shape. The ship's speed increased, sending the small transport vessel back towards my residence, at Station 965. My disguise had completely disintegrated, revealing my true form. I thought back to my days of education; when we were taught how the species in our caste could be identified. The scaly, reptile-like skin shared by all the castes, yet with a less robotic parts inserted at the molding. We had compared ourselves to humans after learning more about them in our later years of research, pointing out that humans had no down-pointed horns, or any horns at all. They also had elbows that directly connected to the ends of their forearms, unlike our forearms that extended farther behind the elbow joint. Perhaps if my classmates were still alive, they'd remember all the time we'd shared, laughing at the human's weak, thin torsos.

The door to mine, the only room in the luxury area, opened before me at the end of the hall. I walked in and connected my SUD to its CBD, then brought the combat simulation headgear from the closet on the west side of the room, adjacent to the side of the bed. I snapped my metallic fingers together into combat mode, forming a sword-like device out of my own arm. The simulation was brief, boring, and horribly easy. Probably designed for milites. After putting the headgear back in it's closet for a reset, I picked my SUD of its CBD and put it around my eyes once again.

"INCOMING COMMUNICATIONS: CHORN"

I attempted to roll my eyes as the humans did when they were annoyed. The way I saw it, Chorn was the worst officer Malum had ever assigned. I couldn't ignore his callings, though. Wasn't supposed to, anyway. The SUD clicked into the communications channel. Chorn's deep, scratchy voice sounded before I could even brace myself for it.

"Mentiri, what is wrong with you, Mentiri? What were you thinking bringing that man aboard our vessels; what were you thinking? You've been thinking like all those humans you've been with." His repetition of phrases made this conversation even more of a drag. He wouldn't even let me speak.

"Though for some reason Malum think it's a positive thing, though. He wants you to search through those files you download as soon as possible. Contact me if you find anything, he says. Try not to screw this one up again."

Chorn's voice clicked out of the communications channel. Deus, how I despised him. There was never any justice in what he did. Not one bit of punishment, or acknowledgement of the crime on the Judicial's side of things. And he acted like he hadn't even done anything. Like he hadn't even known my tutor.

I sat down at the desk at the eastern part of the room, in front of one of the monitors. It felt good to be using one of the PCs developed by Luminaria again, especially after such slow experiences with the human's primitive systems. I quickly placed my TMD into the correct port and began to scan for anything interesting the humans had recorded. My blood felt as if it had stopped pumping when I read one of the file's titles. I quickly send a communication request to Chorn on my SUD. Again he began speaking before I could even say a word.

"That was fast, Mentiri. Did you find anything, did you? Don't answer that. I'll just connect your monitor to my viewport, I'll just do that."

"Chorn, they know about the..." I was finally able to speak. Half a sentence, anyway.

"...the ruins! Mentiri, you fool. Why didn't you stop them, Why? You should have investigated further, you could have; but now you've put our entire race in danger. Just wait until Malum hears about this, just wait. He'll have you degraded to a Milite."

"Deus, you're horrible! ~~~~!" I cussed at him in my tutor's native tongue, forgetting Chorn knew the language.

"You can't talk to your officer like that, foolish Captio! You can't talk to me like that!"

"You're a horrible traitor to your own race, I'll talk to you how I prefer!"

The conversation clicked out. Chorn was a traitor and he knew it. My steps pounded in anger as I entered into the corridor again; we had arrived at the Station. A friendly Apex greeted me at the eastmost Landing Docks on Station 965. His friendly welcoming put me in no better mood.

--Chapter Four
    I stormed past the Apex and down the landing decks towards the corridors that lead to the Captio quarters. Station 965 was a massive mothership orbiting the planet of Patria, where most of my race's resources in this sector were extracted from. Captio Educations, Milite training, and The Molding after birth all took place on Patria, in the early years of a Rivalis.

My feet sounded loud on the metallic floors in the dark hallways as I shoved servants out of my path. Why was Chorn so stupid? I felt as if my core was created to hate him specifically. Sometimes I wondered why there were some Rivalis that I despised more than any human. Even the servants annoyed me now, thus I was glad they couldn't identify any facial expressions or gestures of hate. I finally arrived at my vault in the center corridor of 965's residential wing.

The door opened automatically to reveal Chorn on the other side, fumbling with the keyboard of my Luminaria PC. What was he doing here? I looked at him with a stern hatred; perhaps the strain in my eyes would kill him, I thought. He, being an Officer, was similar to a Captio in physical description, though with a much more broad torso, and perhaps most notably, horns pointed upward instead of down.

"Mentiri, it's about time you showed up, about time. Malum wants you to interrogate that scientist you foolishly captured. See what he knows, about the ruins, and the keycoal. If you can manage to get any information out of him, which I doubt, perhaps Malum won't discharge you this time. I'll be residing in the high chambers of the station; much better than this dump they force you Captio to live in, much better."

He arose from my desk and shoved me out of the doorway with quite the force. Slicing the metallic wall in anger, I locked the door to my vault and proceeded to one of the lifts down the hall; down to the prisoner cells.
    The button in the elevator made a high-pitched 'ping' noise and descended quickly down the shaft. The doors opened, letting the dim lights of the cellrooms shine through the doors, opening slowly. Morphing my armblades back into hands, I shoved the lift's doors open with a force and walked all the way down the hall to the HPPV. I always hated elevators.
    Two milite guards at the door allowed me access after identification.
    Inside, the human prisoner had been sat down and chained to a metallic table, still wearing the same white lab coat he had been when he was captured. He looked younger than the other humans I'd observed at the station I was sent to, with cleaner skin and darker hair. The milites locked the door behind me, and I took a seat at the table. A dim light flickered above us. I spoke in a deep voice, with an attempt at intimidation. He scientist didn't seem too intimidated.

"Look, beast. I've been forced to interrogate you by my officer; a man of a higher caste. So why don't you just make this easy, and tell me what you know. We're aware that you and your other human 'friends' have discovered that the ruins exist. We also know that you know about us; the Rivalis."

"Unfortunately for you, we don't put everything on that old file server. Didn't you even observe the last edit timestamp before you copied the files? They're about 3 months out of date."

I snickered. "A lot can happen in three months, then. Why don't you just tell me what; before I have to call a service milite in here to clean up your crimson fluids."

"I was planning on cooperating anyway. It doesn't matter to us anymore. We know you have the keycoal. We know it's here, where you decided to foolishly bring me; revealing the location of this station. Ever heard of a GPS, moron? The human forces are preparing an attack as we speak; warp gates are being prepared on our homeworld to transport us just outside this station- in a matter of seconds."

A milite hand covered smothered his mouth as he finished his sentence. A CDLD dart shot into his neck. The two milites began to drag his body away as I rose from the table, confused. Though I knew they couldn't understand, I shouted in demand to know where he was being taken. A voice clicked in on my SUD.

"He's being taken to the execution chambers now, he's being taken there. Under my command, of course. Malum has just given me full control over this sector, he has. Due to your foolish actions."

"Chorn, fool! The humans are preparing an attack on us. We must launch an attack on their baseworld!"

"I don't think so, no. I'm not wasting my troops on the puny humans. Stop being your selfish self. Let them attack, we'll take them, let them attack! I think you're forgetting that you are not in charge, Mentiri; just as your tutor wasn't."

His voiced clicked out. I kicked through the HPPV doors and to ran to the elevator shaft, cutting the lift's support rope. A traitor never changes his ways. Never stops trying to sabotage his own race with his foolishness. If the humans launched a surprise attack, they'd sure as Deus obtain the keycoal from our grasp, with little casualties along the way. With it they'd ruin everything. Their homeworld must be destroyed. They knew too much; were too close to ruining our plans.

But first, an innocent tutor's death must be avenged.

--Chapter Five
    The high chambers, living quarters reserved for the commander of Station 965, resided at the top of a tall tower that stretched out from the center of the station. At the peak lived a group of officers that looked over the station through the large windows that wrapped all the way around the top. The most powerful of technology resided in Station 965's high chambers, allowing whoever was in command to control all the sector's milites, communication channels, and file databases.

Back in my vault, I locked the door and set it to prevent any air from escaping into the room from the hallway, or the other way around. In my right hand, I held a space helmet I'd found in the closet of the room. With tools from the maintenance and storage rooms I'd raided, I had crafted a small bomb, which I now held in my left hand. Putting on the space helmet, I strapped the bomb to the metallic ceiling. I detonated it and the ceiling blew open with a loud crash, and the vacuum of space began to pull the contents of the room, including myself, into the dark void of the final frontier. As I let myself be carried by the vacuum, my insides churned as I was pulled up into the oxygen-less space, and a series of three alarms sounded one after the other below, over and over. I remembered from my days in education that three bells could only mean one thing; a hull breach. Looking down, I spotted a great number of shining red lights escaping through the windows. I was now floating around the High Chambers of Station 965.

After the interrogation, I had hacked into the systems of my SUD to detect any unusual amounts of energy collecting within a 2-mile radius. I had picked up on something, which could only be what I feared; the humans' warp gate. My SUD had calculated that the portal would be complete in five minutes.
    I thrust myself towards the giant tower where Chorn should reside. I justified my plotting of his murder with memories of what he'd done in the past, and what he planned to do in the future. Killing my tutor over a power struggle. Cheating his way from Captio to Officer. And refusing to prevent the humans from attacking our home base.

Forming my hands into Armblades once again, I forced them into the metallic sides of the tower. Since my vault was south of the tower, and the tower's chambers faced north, I was climbing up the back of the spire; perfect for a stealthy approach, as long as nobody spotted me from below. After a bit of scaling the metallic tower, I reached an escape pod launch-deck at the top. Shattering the windows at the deck, I thrust myself inside. Vacant.

Walking towards the corridor, I pressed the button to initiate the airlock sequence. After it was finished, and my SUD reported Oxygen levels were normal, I removed my space helmet from my head and threw it to the ground. An unfortunate milite nearby must've heard the clanking of the helmet hitting the ground, who ran to see what was happening. Hiding around the corner, I waited for the milite to turn into the corridor, and I grabbed it by the head. I jabbed it in the chest, disabling it's vocal and sight systems.

Creeping down the hallway, I reached the door to the high chamber. If Chorn hadn't gone back to Patria, this is where he would be. Two milites guarded the doors. I smashed one of their heads into the other, and they fell to the ground unconscious. Three minutes and twenty seconds until the human armada attacks the station. Slowly and quietly I pried the doors into the high chambers open.

The high chambers consisted of a tier of platforms. At the bottom, farthest north, towards the windows, were the command stations and computers. South of those, a staircase lead up to a second and third tier of computers. On the fourth tier was the commanding station, a large computer touch-screen facing up to the ceiling, surrounded by the front guardrails. This is where Chorn stood. The scent of blood and murder filled the air. From the sixth tier up I could see bodies of other officers lying dead in the first couple on the first platform, with some bloody apex corpses in the bunch.

Slowly and silently I approached Chorn. Adrenaline rushed down my back. I glanced down at my arms to be sure my hands were in Armblade mode. I glanced back to the HUD on my SUD. Two and a Half minutes. Chorn was typing away on the computer, his face illuminated by the blue monitor. His worn, intimidating voice startled me.

"You never were a very sneaky one, Mentiri."

My mind froze my muscles as I tried to figure out how he saw me coming. I didn't even see his armblade turn around with his body and swipe me in the lip, straight through my armor. He hit me again before I could get my arms up, and black blood dripped from my mouth. The force of the blow caused me to fall back. I tried to get to my feet, but he sliced me once more in the stomach, sending me flying into the corner of the tier. An officer's blade could cut through anything; How could I have forgotten?

From his belt he pulled out a small plasma sidearm. He pointed it at my face. Just as I saw his hand about to pull the gun's trigger, I remembered something. Not only the combat skills my Tutor had given me, but an old friend stored at my belt.
    Quickly I rolled out of the way, maneuvering onto the next tier of the command center. As he jumped down the stairs to reach me, I got to my feet and took a shot. The sleep dart flew gently into his neck.
    "Good Ol' CDLD" I thought to myself.

Sleep darts weren't as effective to an Officer's bloodstream, though. The shot only dazed Chorn for enough time for me to dash over and grab him by the horn in my left hand. With my right I ripped the pistol out of his grasp and threw it to the floor. He tried to throw me off with one of his blades. He was unsuccessful, but the impact threw me back into one of the control panels, pressuring a few buttons. The button caused one of the chamber's windows to slowly open, allowing the vacuum of space to gradually creep in. I took another look at my SUD. One minute until the human's attack. I raised my arm-blade.

"Blood for blood!" I screamed.

My muscle fought through the vacuum of space that pulled it back behind me, and I struck my arm into Chorn's neck as his black blood painted my metallic arm. His body dropped to the floor. I could already feel The Transfer taking it's affect as soon as I had struck his weakpoint. Power flew up my arm and throughout the rest of my body. I shrieked as my horns slowly turned upward, as the power slowly reformed my muscles and darkened my eyes. My SUD upgraded itself, now playing an alert that the humans' arrival would happen any second now. On the control panel before me I quickly punched in coordinates, attack commands, and frantically pushed buttons. Right on cue, three giant vessels blasted off at the speed of light towards the human's homeworld, armed with enormous cannons and an uncountable amount of milites. The high chamber's window was now fully open, and I grasped onto the guardrail to avoid being sucked into the void of space. As Chorn's body flew into the void, my SUD rung with an alert. The human portal opened before me, and twenty battleships flew through the warp gate, only about a quarter mile away from the station. The human's blue plasma shots began to hit the bottom of Station 965. Black blood dripped from my lip and was pulled into space as I received a message from Malum on my SUD.

~End of Act One~
    ----------------
    List of Terms
    SUD- Sight Utility Device
    Intelligence Director- A being equivalent to a human teacher or professor
    TMD- Transportable Memory Device
    CDLD- Compressed Dart Launcher Device
    CBD- Charging and Briefing Device
    Tutor- A single being equivalent to a human parent.
    HPPV- High Priority Prisoner Vault
    This will relate to Starbound's plot eventually, so please don't move this thread to a different subforum.

2. {ACT 2}
    The Transfer had destroyed Mentiri’s vocal systems. He can no longer speak, thus it would be insensible for him to narrate the story further. Malum Space will now be narrated by the Omniscient.
    --
    20 Hours In the Future…
    A lone hero awakes from a crash. His hands and arms begin to move in conjunction again, stretching his human muscles. One of his hands reaches the hatch release and presses it, bringing him to fall out of the small vessel. He opens his eyes slowly, and pulls his breath in. He breathes out and thanks his god for assuring his air tank remained intact. The hero examines his surroundings. It is quite dark, however, and he cannot see. Stumbling and searching through the wreckage of his escape pod, blindly, feels the glass of a flashlight. Picking it up, he turns it on. The sudden light stuns his eyes, and he shuts them quickly. Opening them again, he realizes his location. A Space Station.

--Chapter Six
    The screams of humans and robotic shrieks of Milites sounded from the lower decks of Station 965. Mentiri clung his blades into the metal floors of the control tower to avoid being sucked into space. Slowly and carefully he dragged himself out of the tower’s main room and into the elevator, which had an emergency airlock. Mentiri waited for the first door to close before he finally let his armblades out of the ground and sheathed them back into fingers. He slowly got to his feet and ordered the lift to take him down to the military command room on the middle deck.

He observed his new form in the reflection of the steel walls. The newly-turned horns emerging from his head, now pointing upwards, a new sight that he still had to get used to. He paused. Something was different. Detecting some sort of difference in his chest, he brought his hand to it. Attempting to speak with no success, he realized that The Transfer’s immense pain had somehow shattered his vocal cords. He didn’t expect it, but also didn’t know what to expect. The Transfer was a very rare event, as most Captio that took a stabbing at an Officer were easily defeated, or captured and put to immediate death.

He punched the elevator wall out of anger. He could no longer speak. Mentiri was always aggravated by minor inconveniences. Though he was pleased with his last words. Very pleased.

He is also aggravated when people don’t believe what he says. Perhaps it won’t be a problem any more.

Mentiri flashbacked to when he had tried to tell his other Captio intelligence “colleagues” about The Transfer.
    “Our Directors are keeping it a secret! My Tutor told me all about it. It’s when a Captio kills an Officer, and inherits their powers!”

They never believed him. Or anything he said, for that matter. They all began to think he was insane. Sometimes they questioned the existence of his tutor, and often joked about a mistake during his Molding. Perhaps that’s why they underestimated him when it came down to The Trials. They were so focused on everyone else; Mentiri was able to easily take out almost every one of them. Only one posed a threat, when Mentiri and him were the final Students left. Simu, was his name, Mentiri remembered. Always remembered his name. Simu would constantly mock Mentiri and his values during their education days, and poke fun at Mentiri’s supposedly imaginary tutor. Other Captio often wondered why Mentiri had so close of a bond with his Tutor. Mentiri deemed them jealous.

Back in the present, he remembered that I received a message from Malum on his SUD. He opened up the inbox of messages and saw that Malum’s was composed of text, not voice. No surprise there. No one had ever heard Malum’s voice.

MENTIRI
    YOU HAVE KILLED YOUR OFFICER> CHORN> THAT IS A CRIME AGAINST OUR RACE> HOWEVER> YOUR CAUSES MAY BE JUST>I WILL EXCEMPT YOU FROM YOUR PUNISHMENTS> IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY SUCCEED WHERE CHORN WOULD HAVE FAILED>REPEL THE HUMAN ATTACK>IF YOU ARE UNSUCCESSFUL>YOU WILL BE KILLED IN THE MOST PAINFUL WAY I CAN EXCECUTE>REPORT TO ME WITH YOUR RESULTS>IF YOU STILL OPERATE AFTER THE ATTACK
    -MALUM RIVALIS

Mentiri was confident he could pull it off. The door to the Military Command Station Opened, with a beep.
    He had already sent orders to destroy the human Homeworld, through the portal that the cursed race had come. The necessary amount of troops had gone to fulfill the task. The problem wasn’t that the homeworld destruction mission wouldn’t be successful. The problem was that, until the homeworld was completely destroyed, the humans wouldn’t be weakened and only a small amount of War Milites and Captio remained at the Station. Mentiri ordered all remaining Milites to prepare the best weaponry they could find quickly, and for the Captio to prepare for battle.

Mentiri dashed back into the elevator. He smashed down the button that brought the lift to the Arsenal. He threw the doors open. He always hated elevators. So slow. He grabbed the biggest Plasma Rifle he could find and boarded one of the single-pilot vessels. The Rifle was Black, with the red dome of energy on top. Opening the launch doors, he blasted off to the human armada.
    It wasn’t usually an Officer’s job to fight on the battlespace. Considered a crime, actually. But this was a special case.
    --
    15 Hours From Now, Back on the Human Homeworld
    A single soldier remains on the planet, among the surviving civilians. Major explosion have rocked the Military Command base where he had been secretly overlooking the attack on the enemies’ Station. The power no longer works, and the soldier can only hope for the best. The lights in the station are out. It is pitch black, and the soldier stumbles around after saying a prayer to his god. His hands stumble upon some sort of button. He presses it. Something made of glass strikes him the face as it swings upward. Getting to his feet, he now feels a small opening in front of him with his hands. He slowly walks in and presses a button. The glass object swings back down, and the pod lights up. After a 5 second countdown, it blasts off. The soldier curses the lock on the door. He could not save the rest of his people. He watches as the enemy destroys the rest of his home world, and the escape pod blasts into the far reaches of space…

End of Chapter Six

Ian10583, Panda and Moursi Fanshawe like this.
  3. ~reserved~

4. Dtb290

Dtb290 Pangalactic Porcupine

Great start, Shark :3 keep this one going. I also have an idea for you, but that's more of a clan thing so i'll tell you on steam :rofl:

Well done!~

Shark likes this.
  5. Ooh, villains. Great to see your so-ambitious plans.

Hope this goes well! I'd love to read future work :3

Shark likes this.
  6. Thanks for the kind words, guys, I'll be sure to keep writing soon enough ;)

7. It's a little short for a chapter...and I'm not a fan of spoilers...but...

It's good, so far. I think. Not too much of it to see, but I like it.

8. Well, spoilers just keep everything a bit more organized and easier to navigate, in my opinion. Also, I plan to add the next chapter later tonight.
    I'm in EST.

9. EST here, too, but spoilers also eliminate Italics, a writer's tool, tend to screw things up when you use other BBCodes.

nababoo likes this.
  10. Riot

Riot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well that's new ,i like the idea of the villain story ,keep it up you're gonna make a great story ^_^

11. And they're just plain ugly :\

You can just make a new post when there's a new chapter, and add a link to the new chapter-post. And/or a table of contents.

12. Update!
    -Added Chapter 2
    -Removed Spoilers (any tips on formatting the chapters would be greatly appreciated)

nababoo and Riot like this.
  13. Riot

Riot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Removing spoilers was a good move...

nababoo likes this.
  14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Malum Ruina? Well, concept and name are similar.

15. What's that? All I know is that Malum is the Latin word for evil. A lot of names and titles in this story are going to be Latin, actually.

16. It's good so far -- the color chapter titles really gives a kick to it all ;)

Shark likes this.
  17. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

interesting sharky. didn't read it yet (due to me not wanting to read anything.) i may just start my own. you inspired me shark!!!
    yet i am more of a poet. i can make poems easy. but stories on the other hand. thats a new story.

nababoo likes this.
  18. Pun some?

Poets welcome as well. Think there was a thread for poetry as well, if you're interested.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/starbound-poems.11075/

19. Well, if you're planning to update this some more, I could read over it, and review it.

nababoo likes this.
  20. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

K thx. I may go there later and try my hand at it. But I am currently seeing if I am able to make a short story. Well not entirely short. Just kinda. Look around and you will find it in the future

nababoo likes this.