Character Creation

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Dasaki, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Sherbniz

Sherbniz Phantasmal Quasar

One could implement a voice pitch slider, maybe. Afaik that's not a too collossal thing to implement :)

As long as there's a name hovering above them, you'll know that it's a player. :)
    I think it'd be very fun to see players dressed up as monsters!

2. Dasaki

Dasaki Pangalactic Porcupine

3. Dasaki

you'd only need maybe 10 voices, more if you're want more phrases, and personalities, less if you want less customization and phrases. Then you add a pitch slider to change the voices pitch. Bam, 10 just become about 100.

4. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

And Also Mods, So Squeaky Robot, Trolling Pony, ETC.

5. Dasaki

even better, add a record function so you can record your own phrases, and pitch those up and down.

6. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

No, Cause People Could Put Offensive Mateiral On them, So, Unless They Were All Moderated Before Being Allowed To Use them, No, And The Moderating Would Be Boring. So, Probs No

7. AliceTheGorgon

AliceTheGorgon Void-Bound Voyager

The game wouldn't automatically download random sound files from random players.
    The only way a player would hear non-default voices is if they manually added them (i.e. by installing a mod that changes the voices or something).

8. TehLonelyDonut

TehLonelyDonut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd Love to see the ability of changing the physical layout. Like, a tail and fur, or spikes and scales. Like Skyrim's Race Selector.

AliceTheGorgon likes this.
  9. Ocfos

Ocfos Void-Bound Voyager

You could have a "Download player-made content.", or something similar to it. That way, you could have something like custom character skins people made, or as said, voices, without interrupting people who doesn't want such. It'd also make you able to just stop custom content from someone who has an inappropriate thing on their custom content.
    If the game was on steam, it could utilize the "Steam Cloud" feature for custom sounds, etc. you make for your own character(s).

Dasaki likes this.
  10. Matt McChicken

Matt McChicken Void-Bound Voyager

i think there should be a lot of cloths just for looks and different occasions (partys, dinner, science-ing, sleeping, lounging)

11. Drayden150

Drayden150 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be nice to be able to change my characters jacket color, shoe color and stuff like that.

12. Ink

Ink Space Hobo

Easing out restrictions of the character creation is definitely fully supported. Even if there may be minor additions like the particles, changing them would enable even maybe the slightest bit of differentiation and stylishness.

13. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

i would love to be able to use my own skin, like in minecraft. so people could identify one another by just seeing them.

14. QckslvrGrl

QckslvrGrl Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to change my human's shoe color. Nothing too complicated there.

15. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

^ If you feel really brave, you can color the shoes manually using MS paint or something.

16. QckslvrGrl

QckslvrGrl Void-Bound Voyager

well i mean in game.

17. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

Question Base.png MS Paint Douche Baggery I Did. Its Pretty Bad.

18. boodaflow

boodaflow Void-Bound Voyager

The more detail the better in my opinion. :) Also some higher definition characters in the future would be good.