1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Hylotl Koi Class Frigate 1.5

A medium size ship based off the Japanese koi nobori.

1. JohnGrimm
    The Koi Class Frigate is a medium sized Hylotl ship. I wanted to make a larger racial ship that stuck to that race's theme but still be a unique ship. An equal sized and stylized ship for each race is upcoming slowly but surely, so far the Floran Frigate is released with multiple skins and the Apex Frigate is practically done but life got in the way and I've been putting it off, but expect it maybe sometime.

3/7/2014: Sorry the lack of activity guys and gals. Trying to get through finals, like I said before the Apex Frigate is pretty much done, it has a new custom engine flame for one of the larger engines and I probably need to make sure it's lining up correctly. After the next couple of weeks I'll be done with school and I'll get the Apex Frigate out, I also might release a PSD for the Floran Frigate so you can easily mix and match the hulls and vines if you wanted a different combination as well as change the colors to your hearts desires. Might do this with the Hylotl Frigate as well. So, see you in a week or so with new goodies to be had.

Floran Frigate is done with unique reskins!
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/floran-cannibal-class-frigate.1399/

Update 1.5: Compatible with Enraged Koala

hylotlfrigate.jpg

New Colors!

frigateshipcolors2.gif

Installation:

First choose which race you want to use the frigate on, then extract that folder to your \starbound\mods folder.

Should be right as rain at this point. Just launch the game and start a new character.

If you want to use the Hylotl Frigate on an existing character you'll need to delete that characters shipworld save file which is located in \starbound\saves. BE WARNED deleting that file will wipe all the stuff you have on your ship including everything in any kind of container, so plan accordingly and move all your belongings off the ship temporarily.

COLORS

If you wanna use a different color, select the color you want in the Colors folder and rename it to frigateship.png, then replace the existing default blue frigateship.png in your installed \hylotlfrigate_[race]version\ships\[race]\

Uninstall:
    Delete the Hylotl Frigate [Race] Version folder from your starbound\mods\ folder.

Featured in VicariousViking's Starbound Mod Outpost!

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. comparison.png

Recent Updates

1. Enraged Koala Update
  2. Hylotl Frigate 1.4
  3. Version 1.3 Furious Koala

Recent Reviews

1. Fortaze
    Fortaze
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    its great and i love this mod but is there a way we can make the custom races use this ship pls.
  2. 0202inferno
    0202inferno
    2/5,
    I would like to give a higher rating but I can't seem to get it installed onto a character. I've tried everything I can think of but I would like some help.
    1. JohnGrimm
      Author's Response
      Hey Inferno, I haven't touched my frigate mods since February so I'm guessing they're incompatible with whatever the most current build is. I've had the Apex Frigate sitting on the back burner for like four months now so I want to get that finalized and uploaded and I'll check the Hylotl and Floran Frigates and get them up to date. Keep an eye out for updates.
  3. TheBigBlueSerpent
    TheBigBlueSerpent
    5/5,
    What an awesome ship! Perfect size without going overboard, and a great look to it as well!
  4. Zero127
    Zero127
    5/5,
    Awesome work. Both of your ships are top-notch quality and the custom colors make sure there's pretty much something for anybody. I sincerely hope you will continue to replace all the vanilla starter ships. This is a great step up from vanilla without going overboard.
  5. DreadWaffle
    DreadWaffle
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Such A wonderful ship, a rather nice bit of space and that cozy at home feeling that every hylotl will love.
    it also works wonderfully in the enraged update.
  6. Gunteraz
    Gunteraz
    5/5,
    I like it. Perfect fit for every hylotl space explorer. Now if you could only make the fish shoot lasers out of it's mouth...
  7. Jotagonist
    Jotagonist
    5/5,
    I love the hylotl and this ship is pretty perfect as it sticks to the theme!
  8. Lokisan
    Lokisan
    5/5,
    Great work!
  9. ZeromousX
    ZeromousX
    5/5,
    Good quality.
  10. Tigeress
    Tigeress
    5/5,
    Great! Bigger and perfect ship for my Hylotl.