1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Classic Grey Alien race Enraged Koala 1.3.1

Grey aliens - now with a twist!

1. Stingerking999
    Stingerking999
    5/5,
    Version: Enraged Koala 1.3.1
    unlike most other race mods, everything fits in with starbound's art style nicely. for instance, the avali ship and tents are too bright colored. the mantis race ship is too hd for starbound. if i could pick one race mod that would be in vanilla, it would be this one.
  2. PseudoGold
    PseudoGold
    5/5,
    Version: v. Enraged Koala 1.3.1
    When I first played this mod, I began to notice you took a lot of inspiration from X-com: UFO Defense. First of all, the pain sound is the Sectoid death noise and secondly (to my knowledge) you have a replica of the original Laser Rifle.

This is truly the best mod ever for X-Com fans and thank you so much for creating this. If I could, I'd give this 6 stars.
  3. Trek47
    Trek47
    5/5,
    I love the complete features you've done for these guys. However, I found a possible glitch: I found a pyramid/dungeon, and it was deserted. Is this a bug, or was it supposed to be abandoned like some Apex facilities?
  4. bluefluffy
    bluefluffy
    5/5,
    great downloaded it`s amazing great work with the spriting
  5. Mehridian
    Mehridian
    5/5,
    Once Again... Fantastically Fun
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      As always - thank you! I'm glad you (and hopefully the other 372) like it!
  6. telles0808
    telles0808
    5/5,
    I think it should be in Vanilla =]
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
  7. Fedemcuru
    Fedemcuru
    5/5,
    A must race mod for grey aliens fans. Author updates really often, awesome!
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you sir, I agree 100%! Glad you like it :)
  8. ProkhorVLG
    ProkhorVLG
    5/5,
    What can I say? This mod deserves 5 stars - really great mod with amazing custom assets. Really inspired to begin my own race, actually!
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you kindly sir! Nothing makes me more happy, than seeing my users happy! And I'm glad... no honored that I've been able to inspire you to start your own race! Looking forward to seeing what you get done! Your ship is awesome btw! :D
  9. Sandro11290
    Sandro11290
    5/5,
    The perfect race for an X-Com fan :D
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much :) X-COM is indeed the first inspiration source for this mod - though it has taken a turn for a fully fledged Starbound race, no? :)
  10. PugMaster21
    PugMaster21
    5/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala 1.2.5
    Couldnt ask for a cooler race than this!
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! :)
  11. Wreklan
    Wreklan
    5/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala 1.2.5
    This mod is amazing. Very in - depth racial gear, ( as well as a race - specific tech!) as well as cool character customization. one of the best mods I've seen. ;)
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thanks you for that review! Happy you like it! :)
  12. The Element
    The Element
    5/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala 1.2.4
    Of all the mods I have seen for Starbound "A lot", I find it essential to have this Race. Such a great Mod! I play daily and I just love playing as Aliens. Hopefully Race Abilities creator and you can work out some abilities!! Do you have an idea of when the next update will be? Can't wait nonetheless :) Keep up your hard work!
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much! I'm so happy to hear that you love the mod! Race Abilities are being worked on and should be ready in a not too far away future :) The next update is around the corner as well, I'm currently struggling a bit with the weapons design as I'm not satisfied with what I got ... And I would like to extend the dungeon design a bit more :) Stay tuned!
  13. Wreklan
    Wreklan
    3/5,
    This would be a great mod, but the download is so difficult (I cant find a way to open the file) that I only rated it 3 stars.
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Sorry to hear that - if you wrote in the discussion instead of rating (since that is the mod itself) it would have been nice. You need winRAR, it's free.
  14. hutzie
    hutzie
    5/5,
    Great race mod!
    The things I love about this mod:
    Custom sprites
    Your own race dungeons and mech
    The background lore(which really adds a feeling of depth to this race unlike the default ones)
    The classic art style
    How they are similar to real greys...(I'm crazy...I know)
    And there own custom armors
    Things that need fixing...:
    The slightly laggy ship.

Over all 5/5 great job Shadewarp! Keep up the good work! :D
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much for the kind words! It's really nice to see that you guys like what I'm doing here! The laggy ship is totally my fault ... it will be fixed in the next version along with a slight change .... You'll see ;)
  15. Setrilo
    Setrilo
    5/5,
    Love the mod, Starbound was always lacking a straight "alien" race. The art style fits seamlessly and the Scout UFO was absolutely a perfect addition -- it reminds me of the game "Destroy All Humans!". Again, absolutely fantastic. Great job!
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you buddy! Happy to hear it! :D
  16. Shazza
    Shazza
    5/5,
    A wonderful addition to Starbound indeed! Though I personally haven't been much of a fan for classic aliens, I can't deny how much detail and thought has been put into this.

The only thing I could complain about is the ship itself. Not the design mind you, it's lovely, but it somewhow threatens to freeze my game whenever I'm onboard, and I can't quite figure out why. (most likely optimization issues with nVidia cards, since SB itself is having the same issue)

Wonderful design, I like the retro feeling about it and all the work you've put in so far, and I can't wait to see more!
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much miss! I'm not certain, but it may be my added lights (lots... too many probably...) I'll see to it that I remove some in a future update!

Thank you for the kind words, I'll make sure to get more stuff in :)

Stay Grey!
  17. Emilo Chaplo
    Emilo Chaplo
    4/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala 1.2.3
    A great mod! I really like the idea, and the in-game loot is very cool, especially the lore. Unfortunately it's a little buggy, still a great mod overall, and I'm looking forward to see new things added. :)
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Yes, I'm sorry about the glitchy patch - I blame Chucklefish ;) Thank you for your review, and I'll make sure to implement a lot more!
  18. Sigvuld
    Sigvuld
    5/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala 1.2.3
    Y'know, at first I didn't find the idea very appealing. For some reason I just found the classic style weird.

Once I decided to download it though, and gave it a try, I immediately started enjoying my Grey. You did an absolutely wonderful job on the ship, it feels so retro and pleasing to the eye.

The intro cinematic was a great touch, and it gave me a little backstory to slap on my character until I could come up with something of my own.

I appreciate the sheer amount of work that went into this mod, what with UFO tech, the custom ship, cinematics, charming sprites and actually rather variable customization, I think this deserves five stars and more.

I wish you and your future mods/updates the best. Keep up the tremendous work! ^^
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you so much - it's always great to hear that people enjoy your work! (netting 100 or so hours so far... I had to learn coding and spriting along the way as well :P)

I try to keep it interresting, and I too felt the backstory had to be there. It will be expanded when I get the last of the drawings cleaned and colored.

The ship will change in the future, hopefully you will appreciate that one as well - otherwise it will of course be available as an alternative!

Stay Grey!
      Shadewarp
  19. Andr0o
    Andr0o
    5/5,
    Version: v. Furious Koala 1.2.2
    Good, very well-made.
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you sir :)
  20. Vuldreg
    Vuldreg
    5/5,
    Version: v. Angry Koala 1.1.4
    I think it's a really nice mod for the grey aliens, How ever can the psifruit be found by other races in chests or in the world? if not can you add them so it can be found? Would like to have them for my Floran's crop.
    1. Shadewarp
      Author's Response
      Thank you kindly! :) At the moment it is not possible to find the Psifruit in chests or in the world - this is due to me not wanting to make my mod incompatible with others that modify the biome files. This will HOPEFULLY be possible in the future! I do, however, have something planned for the next update - that just may work without creating incompatibility... So stay tuned and thank you for your support!