1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unified Starbound Coordinates Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gotenksnath, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Do you like this idea?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2013.
  1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

4.0%
  3. Maybe

5.5%
  4. TACOS!

26.9%
  1. gotenksnath

gotenksnath Star Wrangler

I though it would be a cool idea to make a form for people to submit their awesome coordinate finds. This way there can be a unified place to find them, as well as an easy way to read/understand them.

Use this link to submit a new coordinate. There is space to insert the coordinates, planet name, etc...
    -----------------
    Submit New: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oGAL9aJTGRIMC-X2HKahHCv62PfqO_igMh5tgcX0Hu4/viewform
    -----------------

Use this link to view the sheet of already added coordinates. I've added one I found earlier but cant remember the thread I got it from. If you see any mistakes on a submission let me know.
    -----------------
    View List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Uk5EeEw4X1Q2c2twbUE&usp=sharing&rm=full#gid=0
    -----------------

How to use:
    -----------------
    1. For starters you will need at least 200 (400 if you plan to go back home) fuel per trip outside of your solar system. Easiest way I know is to use unrefined wood, use 10 to craft 1 coal which in turn fuels your ship.

2. Once the ship is fueled use the nav computer at the front of your ship and right click the map until you are zoomed all the way out.

3. Make sure you have the right sector selected in the top right of the map(A, B, etc..) then enter the coordinates in the bottom right.

4. If done correctly it will center on a star system. Click the star system and find the planet name you are searching for then click go.

5. In order to be able to select a sector other than alpha you need to build a Starmap upgrade. You can build the first upgrade at a Metalworks Station which is acquired after defeating the first boss.
    -----------------

Update 12/13/2013 5:30 PM EST: Simply fixed the wording of the tutorial to match changes to the game since release.

Update 12/10/13 8:30 AM EST: So the Beta V - Annoyed Koala update came out with a character reset :(. I have moved the old list to a new spreadsheet and new submissions will still go to the original spreadsheet. I will test some of the old coordinates and see if they still somewhat work. Lets keep this mapping going. :D edit: So the old coordinates work but the planet levels won't match.

Update 12/09/13 8:30 PM EST: If anyone finds any instrument locations please post them. Noticed we don't have many of those. Loving all the contributions. Thanks to everyone who is sharing. As a side note, there seems to be a lot of people posting findings from gamma x: 2 y: -2. I think its pretty discovered now.

Update 12/08/13 4:30 PM EST: Switched the spreadsheet URL to link to a list view that is easier to sort.

Update 12/08/13 3:00 PM EST: Updated form to have multiple choice questions to allow the spreadsheet to be sorted better. Also included fields for which beta version the coordinates come from to avoid confusion between updates as well as what the main item in the coordinates is.. Thanks to everyone who have been giving me ideas and support. :D

Update 12/06/2013 11:00 PM EST: So next update may change the way planets are ranked and may make the current coordinates in-compatible. I am going to add a new field in the form for what beta version the coordinates were obtained from. Might also come with a character wipe as well :(. price to pay for beta.

The sheet now includes a column for which beta version a specific coordinate came from. I may occasionally purge the list between certain versions and have a legacy list for those who wish to view it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. gotenksnath

Also let me know if any info fields are missing from the form so i can add them in.

3. Man Eating Boar

Man Eating Boar Seal Broken

This is really sweet, good job man!

4. gotenksnath

Thanks. If people help spread the word about it then it will be more useful. :D

5. Frozenfoods

Frozenfoods Astral Cartographer

Added a couple, I'll keep on plugging them in as I find them.

gotenksnath likes this.
  6. gotenksnath

Awesome, Ill check em out. Keep it up :D

7. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

The Sector selection buttons appear to be missing.

8. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

Very nice idea, hope it gets implemented.

9. gotenksnath

You have to build the starmap upgrades to get to any sector other than Alpha sector. You can build the one to beta by using a metalworks station. Ill update the main post with this info.

10. kik4444

After you defeat a boss you get a new item to craft more things and among one of those things is the ability to add more sectors

11. nightowl79a

nightowl79a Phantasmal Quasar

Awesome idea!

12. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, time to kill le UFO!

13. gotenksnath

I would suggest building some sort of cover/fort to fight him from. and don't activate the beacon at the spawn. I did that and died, then couldn't warp down to the planet until he left.

14. kik4444

Actually I think that so far the best method is to make a small bunker for yourself and hit him from there

15. gotenksnath

Yea, i usually make a structure like this

o_______
    o|oooooo|oooo|
    o|oooooooooo|
    ----------------------------

and hide in the little nook and fire out

but i digress. getting off topic :rofl:

16. Droghan

Droghan Space Spelunker

17. gotenksnath

yea I've seen that but its so messy. probably will post this there so they can use it.

18. Sconna

Sconna Master Chief

This list is great! Hope it doesn't disappear all of a sudden in the future and that the list becomes longer :)

gotenksnath likes this.
  19. TearOfTheStar

TearOfTheStar Tentacle Wrangler

Ask moderators to stick it

Czeska likes this.
  20. gotenksnath

Thanks