1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unified Starbound Coordinates Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gotenksnath, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Do you like this idea?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2013.
  1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

4.0%
  3. Maybe

5.5%
  4. TACOS!

26.9%
  1. gotenksnath

gotenksnath Star Wrangler

I'm planning to ask then when I get home tonight :D

2. Unworthy

Unworthy Tentacle Wrangler

Great idea, thanks!

Do you mind if I embed this list into the Starbound wiki and then backport all the coordinates currently there into this list so we don't end up having two separate ones to maintain? Would be glad to give you credit. Thanks!

gotenksnath likes this.
  3. gotenksnath

That would be amazing. Go for it dude. Also if your going to port in coordinates be sure to put the names of the users who found them. They should keep their credit ;)

4. kursku

kursku Master Chief

YES!

gotenksnath likes this.
  5. gotenksnath

Double yes. :D

6. gotenksnath

Update 12/06/2013 11:00 PM EST: So next update may change the way planets are ranked and may make the current coordinates in-compatible. I am going to add a new field in the form for what beta version the coordinates were obtained from. Might also come with a character wipe as well :(. price to pay for beta.

7. rosedragon

rosedragon Void-Bound Voyager

ooooh at last! rose planet! thanks! :D

gotenksnath likes this.
  8. MalfunctionSB

MalfunctionSB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is one very simple reason this will not work this early in the game. It's a beta and even small changes to the world generation algorithm could render all the world seeds obsolete.

9. rosedragon

rosedragon Void-Bound Voyager

for Alpha Yulan 92 A: "Rosebud" that is not a rose plant but the purple flower poison terrain.

10. gotenksnath

yes, I am aware. I am going to be moderating the list and clearing it when necessary to have it remain up to date.

11. gotenksnath

Ok, I will check it out.

12. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

This is great !

Having so much fun exploring the coordinates that i wish could find some inresting planet myself which someone other allready haven't.

gotenksnath likes this.
  13. Jockstrap

Jockstrap Space Hobo

This is amazing!

I haven't seen another one like this! Thanks!

14. Mudchicken

Mudchicken Aquatic Astronaut

Should make a new column to describe what it is, instead of the current description. If you filter it currently by that column, it's just a jumbled mess.

Maybe make a new column with what type of structure it is.

"Apex Laboratory" "Glitch Castle" "Pirate Ship", etc.. and then have the description column to explain which way to travel.

15. gotenksnath

Is there somewhere I can find a list of all the different kind of structures. It would be easier to add a drop down list to the form.

16. Geeky Meerkat

Geeky Meerkat Void-Bound Voyager

This is great, but the spread sheet does seem to be missing a specific field. It has a description field that you can read, but it makes it hard to filter planets. It should have fields like these as well:

Merchant: Melee
    Merchant: Guns
    Tech: Dash
    Tech: Jump
    and so on and so forth.

I know that might make the spread sheet much larger, but it would also make it much more useful.

17. gotenksnath

I'm planning on cleaning it up this evening and make much more sortable

18. gotenksnath

Update 12/08/13 3PM EST: Updated form to have multiple choice questions to allow the spreadsheet to be sorted better. Also included fields for which beta version the coordinates come from to avoid confusion between updates as well as what the main item in the coordinates is.. Thanks to everyone who have been giving me ideas and support. :D

19. gotenksnath

Switched the spreadsheet URL to link to a list view that is easier to sort.

20. kik4444

kik4444 Existential Complex

So are we gonna be adding more stuff? I noticed there isn't a gravity bubble tech in there...