1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Adam Tracinya

Adam Tracinya Void-Bound Voyager

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Am I hired, cause if not I have to search for a job elsewhere, and if that happens, the mission will not be merciful to florans, the miniknog, the circle of thorns, or the tentacle beast!!!!!
    One of them will suffer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

Florans would stab and eat you whilst ambushing you,the miniknog would remove you from the galaxy,the circle of thorns would assassinate you and the tentacle beast would eat you.

The Squid and Cloudhopper like this.
  3. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Ego much? Sheesh. :facepalm: Implying you're the only one. Agaran debate goes on in this thread. The roleplaying forum is over there. :poke:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

@Adam Tracinya it is too early in the agaran's existance to tell if we should irradicate them or not. We need more time to study them, and to see if we can find a cure.
    (In normal-speak: We need to wait for the devs to add more to the agaran lore going full genocide.

5. Nannynonads

Nannynonads Void-Bound Voyager

I think the Agarans are infected florans. They wear the same armor, have A hatred on Hylotls.. And spores do grow on plants after all.

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

True. However, they are able to use Avians to clone themselves. I don't think Florans can do that.

Man, this thread is dying. We need more news on the Agarans very soon. Otherwise, this'll just be us discussing the same things over and over and over and over and over again.

7. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

*Uncomfortable silence as I contemplate that last sentence, and then wonder if Chucklefish has abandoned the Agaran Menace for good, or if they're just busy at the moment*

The Squid likes this.
  8. Program_024

Program_024 Title Not Found

I think it is more of the possible backlash from some vocal members of the community. I can see it now... "Why are you working on lore when you can be working on getting a stable release out the door?!?!" I noticed some flack for creating the new font. If Chucklefish isn't doing anything that is within their bounds of core gameplay, there will be backlash

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

True. They probably won't add much about Agarans until the stable release. One mor reason to look forward to it!

10. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I don't think we've ever solved the famous "This mushroom is an Agaran in disguise" scenario...

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

No, I don't think we have... I bet the giant mushroom tres are just a bunch of Agarans stacked on top of each other.

Cloudhopper likes this.
  12. Adam Tracinya

do you realize how many agarans, floran guards, and apex soldiers I've killed, for free!!

13. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

14. Adam Tracinya

I am friggin serious man!!!

15. Christovski

Seriously annoying maybe.

The Squid likes this.
  16. Qin

Qin Orbital Explorer

Do they speak gibberish or is their language translatable?

17. Christovski

For all playable races, when you try to interact with an Agaran it gives a universal translation error

18. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

Agarans have other dialogue than this, but it's not in english. There's a thread listing the words Agarans use and what they could possibly mean, but I don't have a link to it anymore. The 'Agaran' Language is pretty interesting once you figure out some of their dialogue.

19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I believe it. I've done it too. Anybody can with a decent weapon and some armor.
    Halhoom. Tentacrush weepa no Meat. No weepa Kissface. That's Agaran, by the way. I think that translates into, " Hello. Tentacle killed all the humans. It didn't kill the Florans."

Cloudhopper likes this.
  20. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

*Uncomfortable silence as I think about how eerily similar that is to a post I made way, way back in time on this very same thread...*
    Perhaps they'll get around to it. Is anyone going to post on a news thread to ask about this, or should I?

@Adam Tracinya
    Basically, no, you're not hired. We're not going to kill anything until we've made sure that we SHOULD kill it. The question isn't whether you can; it's whether WE should.
    So, to recap: No.
    :p